Skills Inc.

Skills Inc. Employer Reviews

An interesting mix of being an employee and a vendor:
Hardware Test Technician (Current Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 1, 2012
My job is to work off-site with a customer as a vendor.

I can work with the customer directly about shifts and change them accordingly to fit my life. Often, the scope of the work can change and more responsibilities (as well as more opportunities to learn) are handed down from the customer. It's a like I work for the customer instead of the employer.

The – more... most enjoyable part of the job is talking to co-workers. The scope changes often enough that it's best to keep on learning, and the easiest way to do that is to talk with everyone. It's easy to talk to co-workers, even those from other vendor companies. People are more than willing to tell you of what they know, especially if you show them that you are willing to help them out, too.

Most of the company works in a production facility so regulations, shifts, breaks, and policies are precise and management are on-site. In contrast, I work off-site so management questions could take days to resolve, events and announcements may not apply to me, and there's a small sense of isolation.

The hardest part of the job is waiting for the work. Contracts are handled by on-site management and the customer and it feels like you don't get much of a say in what happens. Some months, work is scarce while other times work is overwhelming. – less

About Skills Inc.

Skills Inc. is an Aerospace Manufacturing and Finishing company that manufactures and processes aerospace parts. We are a self-supporting – Read more