Skills Inc. Employee Reviews

Support staff
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PASeptember 9, 2016
Helpful staff and team leaders, set schedules, OT when wanted not demanded. Must have calm attitude at all times. Upbeat and organization skills a plus
Pros
set schedule
benefits
Test Electronics Hardware for a Large Software Company
Previous Hardware Technician (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WANovember 30, 2015
Work offsite as a vendor / contractor for Skills at a very high technology company. Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies. Ability to work with top notch engineers. Some of the long-term onsite Skills management are less than stellar when dealing with conflict. Some of the onsite management lack clear and important leadership skills when dealing with problems or delegating work assignments. Not the best pay, nor the worst for this industry. Skills overall is a good company overall but needs to improve in several areas.
Pros
Clients are top notch and can add to your skills
Cons
Some of the Skills managers are less than professional
Fun and learning new task
Take Down, Part mark Shipping Packaging (Current Employee) –  BallardOctober 12, 2015
Everyday I learn something new
I learn new sign langue signs every day
the Bosses are always supportive of you learning new skills
and like the fact you want to learn
I work with the best people always willing to give you a hand and like to work as a team
Pros
learning
Production Support
Production Support (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 29, 2015
I worked at Skills Inc as a production support specialist. I assembled kits for packaging and promotional business products as well as labeling and collating.
Provides Training and Employment for the Disabled
Dimensional Inspector (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 2, 2015
Fast paced Aerospace manufacturing environment for the disabled that includes training but has safety and discipline problems.
professional workplace with advancement opportunities
DSP/CRMA (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, MEMarch 17, 2014
provided assistance and care to individuals.
Co-workers are professional
Make a difference in peoples lives
An interesting mix of being an employee and a vendor:
Hardware Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAOctober 1, 2012
My job is to work off-site with a customer as a vendor.

I can work with the customer directly about shifts and change them accordingly to fit my life. Often, the scope of the work can change and more responsibilities (as well as more opportunities to learn) are handed down from the customer. It's a like I work for the customer instead of the employer.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to co-workers. The scope changes often enough that it's best to keep on learning, and the easiest way to do that is to talk with everyone. It's easy to talk to co-workers, even those from other vendor companies. People are more than willing to tell you of what they know, especially if you show them that you are willing to help them out, too.

Most of the company works in a production facility so regulations, shifts, breaks, and policies are precise and management are on-site. In contrast, I work off-site so management questions could take days to resolve, events and announcements may not apply to me, and there's a small sense of isolation.

The hardest part of the job is waiting for the work. Contracts are handled by on-site management and the customer and it feels like you don't get much of a say in what happens. Some months, work is scarce while other times work is overwhelming.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skills Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.