SkillStorm Employee Reviews in United States

lie about promotions
sales (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 27, 2015
Lie about promotions. Senior leadership team is a Joke. They micromanage people and lie about promotions. Not a good company I would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Enjoyed resolving both complex and simple issue for our men and women on both Navy and Marine computer wan.
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2014
I worked on a newly form elite team where we provide Help Desk support with Enterprise Administrator privileges. My responsibilities consisted of traversing the (West Coast, to the Continental Divide and Pacific) Navy and Marine Corps computer wan exclusively via remote tools. Task list included all software and hardware resolution via Tivoli or manually if necessary as we had our own software server. Management supported us fully after it was proven that we could resolve more trouble ticket remotely than the technicians that resolve issue face to face. Our group was given Tier 1 thru Tier 3 issues. Our team was very supportive of one another willing to share our individual expertise with one another to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was how the marketing business model worked. Where if the trouble ticket was not written properly, I could not fix the problem even if I knew what the solution was. The user would have to re-submit another trouble ticket which triggered approval from multiple persons. While this was happening the user still doesn't have the issue resolved many times unable to do there job and having to share computer time on another functioning machine in the office. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the user computer issues resolve quickly and correctly so the troops could be support or to escalate to the NOC.
Pros
we had a great team of management and system adminstrators in our group..
Cons
having the solution for the user but because of policies, unable to resolve the issue because of incorrect trouble ticket.
Skillstorm
IT Search-Practice Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 14, 2014
Account Management, Talent Acquisition
Start up, hiring, training, hands on Sales, Recruiting and Account Management. Best part of the job was working with great people including leaders, peers and operations teams.
Pros
organization has a great track record of success
Cons
n/a
Productive, Fast Paced, Challenging Work Environment
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 14, 2013
A typical day at work included programming and testing software that was later installed onto tablets that were distributed to tablets that went to schools throughout the Indiana area. It was a fun job and I learned how to best manage my time and multitask because we were under a deadline.
Pros
free lunches, manage your own time
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work if you are there to take the experience and run.
Administrative Assistant/Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2013
Great values, Always encouraging furthering ones education, employees extremely kind and helpful.
Pros
compenstion ok, benefits ok, reviews ok
Cons
clicks within the organization-not a matter of what you knew but who you knew