Ambitious Controller wanted at SkinSpirit Skincare Clinic and Spa - a medically supervised practice that is leading edge and growing. We have offices in multiple locations (Palo Alto, Walnut Creek and Mill Valley). We are looking for a warm, confident, highly motivated and professional individual to join our team in Palo Alto. As the Bay Area's premier medically supervised spa, we offer non-surgical anti-aging skincare procedures (including Botox, Restylane and laser hair removal), medically supervised weight loss, cellulite therapy, as well as therapeutic spa treatments.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes generous employee discounts, friends & family discounts, a quarterly allowance of “Spabucks” which can be used towards products and services, incentive programs to earn free products and services and a beautiful working environment with a stellar team. We also offer paid holidays and 401k. For full time employees we offer medical, vision, and dental insurance.
This position will report to the Managing Partner and will direct all accounting, human resource, information systems and inventory functions, including general accounting, internal procedures and controls, management and external reporting, and managing a team of skilled professionals or outside consulting firms. The successful candidate will serve as a key member of the Company’s leadership team and be required to provide direction to support the growth of the business.
Financial Responsibilities – Day-to-day leadership of the company’s accounting operations including Payroll A/R, A/P, GL, and revenue recognition. Institute and maintain control procedures and analyze any report variances. Support month-end and year-end close process and ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
Human Resource Responsibilities – this position is responsible for developing policies as well as directing and coordination human resource activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services.
Information Systems – this position is primarily responsible for investigating and resolving software and hardware problems of computer users in all locations.
Inventory Responsibilities – this position is primarily responsible for managing the records concerned with order, receiving, storing, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies and equipment.
- 10+ years’ experience in finance and accounting in a mix of publicly traded and privately held organizations.
- Experience in a high-growth startup with multiple locations.
- Proven ability to address multi-functional areas of responsibility, experience working with multiple accounting systems including but not limited to QuickBooks and SpaBiz.
- Must be “hands on” and with proven leadership experience in growth-oriented situation with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proven ability to manage and mentor.
- An adaptable, solution-oriented business professional with creativity where appropriate.
- BA or BS in accounting, CPA or Masters a plus.
- Advanced understanding of Excel for Financial modeling, proficient in Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be a highly motivated individual with a keen sense of attention to detail.
- Individual should be highly structured, disciplined and organized.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Must possess excellent communication and managerial skills and have the ability to work successfully with executives, peers, and employees throughout the company.
To apply for this job, please reply to this posting. Please do not call or fax resumes to the spa, we only accept applications via email. No relocation package offered.
Please visit us at www.skinspirit.com