Skoda Minotti has been recognized by Inc. Magazine, CPA Digest and Case Western Reserve University's Weatherhead School of Management as one of the most outstanding and fastest growing privately held companies in the United States and awarded the North Coast 99 as one of the best places to work in the Northeast Ohio. The driving force that differentiates us at Skoda Minotti is a passion for helping our clients achieve their goals by providing them with an unprecedented level of service and "Delivering on the Promise.”
We are currently assisting our client in their search for a Construction Controller. The following are qualifications and criteria that you must have to be considered for this position;
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the areas of Accounting, Payroll, and Financial Reporting for the company; including but not limited to AIA billing through Foundation Software, WIP analysis and union payroll.
- Broad range of day-to-day accounting support for multiple entities, keeping an accurate picture of the company’s financial status at all times.
- Strong emphasis on cash flow management, including budgeting, planning, and forecasting.
- Analyze and complete monthly financial statements, using percentage of completion accounting.
- Workers compensation filings, and sales/use tax filings for multiple states. Also, Ohio CAT filings and compliance documents as it relates to jobs.
- Create and provide all workpapers to outside CPA firm for review.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 8 years of general accounting/financial analysis and 5 years in a construction environment. AIA billing experience preferred.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of inter-related business processes.
- Additional experience with union payroll, construction compliance, and office management is helpful.
- Working knowledge of Foundation Software is preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and have strong attention to detail.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
Only candidates of interest will be contacted.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.