Skoda Minotti has been recognized by Inc. Magazine, CPA Digest and Case Western Reserve University's Weatherhead School of Management as one of the most outstanding and fastest growing privately held companies in the United States and awarded the North Coast 99 as one of the best places to work in the Northeast Ohio. The driving force that differentiates us at Skoda Minotti is a passion for helping our clients achieve their goals by providing them with an unprecedented level of service and "Delivering on the Promise.”
We are currently assisting our client in their search for a Human Resource Manager.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Human Resources Manager’s role is to handle all HR responsibilities and increase job satisfaction for all in the organization. This role needs to support business goals and plans focusing on issues of employee compensation, recruitment & retention, employee benefits, legal compliance and employee relations.
- Administers company annual salary review program in conjunction with site and corporate management and in compliance with annual budget constraints.
- Performs periodic evaluation of compensation structure & programs to ensure that it is equitable, effective and competitive within market.
- Coordinates and assists in the creation or evaluation of job descriptions in conjunction with department managers.
Recruitment & Retention:
- Manages recruitment effort for open positions in conjunction with hiring manager, utilizing the most efficient and effective sources within budgetary constraints.
- Experience writing job descriptions/requirements for all positions.
- Engages & works with hiring agencies on an as needed basis.
- Screens resumes and coordinates initial phone and on-site interviews in conjunction with hiring manager.
- Handles all necessary pre- and post-acceptance processes such as drug screening, and pre-employment medical exam, as well as relocation needs and other related activities.
- Conducts new employee orientation and manages all aspects of on-boarding process.
Benefits & Payroll:
- Experience managing all aspects of a comprehensive medical benefit package, including a Health Reimbursement plan.
- May serve as payroll back-up for exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Processes paperwork for new hires, terminations, benefit/enrollment changes, issues, and related tasks.
- Maintains all employee files including personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, and so on.
- Assists employees, where possible, in resolving benefit issues and/or provides guidance in the proper utilization of benefits.
- Experience in 401k plan administration.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Assures the proper communication of these policies/procedures.
- Stays current with employment and labor laws and HR trends.
- Keeps appropriate records of hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews,terminations, and employee statistics for reporting.
- Understands all legal requirements as they pertain to the employees (i.e. FMLA, COBRA,OSHA).
- Maintains open door policy for company employees and routinely informally solicits employee feedback.
- Researches, establishes and introduces creative programs to recognize employees’company and personal accomplishments and foster a positive and productive work environment.
- Conducts exit interviews to determine reasons for separations, reports the results to management, and recommends resolutions if needed.
- Assists managers in disciplinary matters.
Education & Experience Required:
- 5 years Human Resources experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related studies
- PHR or certification desired but not required
- Ability to handle a multitude of personnel issues
- Very detail oriented and self-motivated
- Understands the critical importance of confidentiality
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation
- High level of proficiency within Microsoft Office suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.