Skoda Minotti has been recognized by Inc. Magazine, CPA Digest and Case Western Reserve University's Weatherhead School of Management as one of the most outstanding and fastest growing privately held companies in the United States and awarded the North Coast 99 as one of the best places to work in the Northeast Ohio. The driving force that differentiates us at Skoda Minotti is a passion for helping our clients achieve their goals by providing them with an unprecedented level of service and "Delivering on the Promise."
We are currently assisting our client in their search for a LAN/WAN Engineer.
This position serves as the top level technical contributor in local area and wide area global networks.
- Provides technical consulting on complex cross region projects.
- Has full technical knowledge of all phases of networks and network operating systems.
- Provides instruction, mentoring and quality assurance reviews for other LAN/WAN personnel.
- Maintains disaster recovery procedures for local area and wide area networks.
- Leads global projects for implementing network infrastructure.
- Provides guidance on global network standards that will be used to provide consistency across Corporation.
- Communicates and coordinates infrastructure projects with Plant Engineering and Plant Maintenance to set and follow IEEE standards on Network wiring. These standards will include IDF closet layouts, use of correct CAT 5e or 6 wiring, use of approved hardware such as patch panels, rack mounts, cabling techniques, and proper wiring techniques.
- Supports Global subsidiaries per Management requests or projects.
- Ability to determine requirements, plan, and implement major network upgrades utilizing Cisco products (switches, routers and wireless). Ability to assist in the preparation of capital funding accounts for global network projects. Provide recommendations for documentation standards and document all LAN/WAN technologies deployed.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Cisco IOS, Cisco wireless and Prime NCS, StatSeeker and Netflow or similar tools.
- Provide 7X24X365 global network support. Coordinate support with regional LAN/WAN personnel. Ability to design monitoring systems that span the LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Ability to provide Systems Maintenance Request and test plans for cross platform projects.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills. Ability to quickly isolate the cause of a network outage and provide a proper resolution.
- Ability to work with network vendors on multiple technologies (wireless, MPLS, ISDN, SONET Ring, and dedicated T-1/T-3) to design, create specifications, and implement networks on a global scale.
- Ability to perform network capacity planning and capacity analysis to ensure high availability and network performance. .
- Maintain awareness of technological trends to better service customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer or information systems or equivalent relevant experience.
- 15+ years of progressive experience with local area and wide area networks deployed on a global scale.
- Cisco CCNA certified.
- Strong project management. Ability to monitor major projects involving several people and utilizing common resources if necessary.
- Very strong analytical skills. Ability to apply creative thinking and imagination to develop results oriented solutions.
- Very strong technical problem solving skills. Ability to assess situation accurately and quickly make the right decision to correct it.
- Strong teamwork. Ability to work with technical and non-technical staff in a global team setting
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.
Indeed - 4 months ago