Skookum

Skookum Employer Reviews

Got tasks done when asked
Automotive Helper (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: tool trucks would stop by
Cons: tool trucks would stop by
I would get there in the morning, clock in, got right to work and didn't mess around. Most co-workers were nice people and helpful even. I learned a lot in basic vehicle service and maintenance, and how jobs were outside of the military.
Job skills
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee), Fort Lewis, WASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: listening to music when im driving
Cons: i dont care for the benifits being switched to a new one
A typical day for me is loading the company vehicle with all the cleaning supplies that will be needed. Then the rest of the day cleaning whatever buildings that are on my list for the day. CO- workers are pretty good, I would have to say the hardest part is when there is some days that you just feel rushed. Most enjoyable part would have to be, I've got my own route to handle.
Co-wrkers are great
Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAApril 23, 2013
Pros: supporting the soldiers
Cons: traffic on lewis
Keeping the Army's equipment up and running was the rewarding. We did preventive maintance and repaired needed items. The hardest part of the job was seeing the employees that didn't care about what they were doing and cutting corners. I learned how to be a better mechanic. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the soldiers being able to use the equipment we fixed and maintained for them.
Good team environment and flexible schedule.
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMarch 22, 2013
Pros: steady hours and schedule
Cons: poor advancement and job security
Skookum was a contract assignment. The work was delegated and distributed proportionately. Performed service in accordance with schedule. Company allow us to work swing or day shift with some overtime. Had all equipment and tools to perform various diagnosis and repair to military vehicles and equipment. Saw very little advance, compensation, or benefits. Contractor very poor in decision process and laid off people based off disability, preference, and not performance.
fun and enjoyable enviornment
Janitor (Former Employee), joint base lewis mcchord, waNovember 6, 2012
Pros: fast pace. starting pay rate
Cons: no advancment. some unfriendly customers
the people are real friendly. i learned how to work as a team and work with all differnt styles.
Good place and good money but every day your unsure if your going to have a job.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Fort LewisNovember 5, 2012
I loved working around the soldiers and helping them the best I could, not every one was like that. I learned lots of new things there like how to in process and out process, fill out clothing logs and lots more.
Enjoyed!
Auto-Worker (Former Employee), JBLM, WAOctober 22, 2012
Can't complain about the work hours. Great! This company does care about the employees. Made some life-long friends here that taught me a lot about the trade.
good interaction
Material Handler (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 12, 2012
Pros: 401k
Cons: short lunch
It was an easy job a little labor but fast paced.I had great coworkers but management at times was very poor.

About Skookum

Skookum is committed to providing the soldiers and community of Fort Lewis the most efficient and friendliest service possible. – Read more