Sky Chefs Inc. Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MASeptember 20, 2016
Good company to work for. I had to leave beaches of another job. But I can certainly go back. Now they ask Cdl which before they didn't. Good benefits
not a fun place to work for
Lead Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 18, 2016
is a good place to work i work in the dishroom as a lead but it is very hot in there it will be greater if they would turn on the air conditioner ibe been with this company for over a year and a half the pay is not good especially for being a lead i only have got one race since i been there and also the benefits are not great .
Pros
but they provide free food
Cons
the breaks are only 10minutes long wich is not good and lunch is half hour
It's a job!
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 14, 2016
?Sometimes it's unorganized. So many different people demanding different ways to work. The space os small. It's very humid in the warehouse. Strict employers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The food is up for the date
airport job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 8, 2016
I worked 3 month in the night shift and three month in the day shift. I was dishes and throw away the food from the fights. I also manage the staff during the night shift. I cleaned the floor and the work area before leaving every day.
No Career Advancement
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 29, 2016
No job security and extensive amount of work for very little pay. No air conditioning in the trucks during the summer and heat in the winter. During the summer you nearly pass out of heat stroke and get no breaks. As for the winter you freeze with no heat in the trucks and the best they can do is leave the trucks running 24/7 so the engine can stay warm. They expect top of the line performance but do not show appreciation for the employees.
Fun and Comfortable Workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAAugust 25, 2016
Working at Sky Chefs was a very positive experience. You not only had the support and understanding of your managers but of your co-workers as well. I can truly say working there gave me the experience that prepared for anything i decided to do in my life (work related).
I liked working at the LSG, it was fun and some of the people were good people.
Warehouse Clerk/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 24, 2016
When ever I have a bad day at work my employees that was working under me will always try to make me laugh, the people itself brings the work place to live.
productive workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 15, 2016
you will learn many things in lsg sky chefs such us managing warehouse and shipping and receiving items. and your co workers are fun to be work with
Continuous movement and activity throughout entire shift
Airline Food & Beverage Equipment Assembler (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI 48242August 14, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of myself and co-workers working together to complete food trays, snacks, and beverages for 10+ DELTA flights. On some days, we're working in the cooler and stocking inventory, and on other days, we're in the kitchen making and wrapping sandwiches, filling and assorting food trays, and restocking beverage stock onto carts for flights. My work environment is enjoyable as co-workers and I work together to complete our daily agenda, while reporting to our shift supervisor about our completed work. A clean and sanitized work station is required throughout the shift.
Productive and fast-paced
Assembler/Packer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 11, 2016
Sky Chef was an amazing job. Typical day at work is to come in and do what you are supposed to do depending on where your stationed for that day. I learned how to make the snack baskets for the airplanes. The management are all attentive and they are very very helpful. My co-workers were fine.
Cold and very angry Supervisors
Food prep (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAAugust 6, 2016
Had a fun time with some of the employees, I also tried to keep it friendly and productive as possible.
I Also trained most of the new employees, simply because none of the managers felt the need, I did this without pay.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Not many people speak English very well
Productive and Safe Place
Production Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 5, 2016
A typical day at work depends on the weather that we are having. I have learn how to manage work under extreme stress levels.
Challenging work conditions
Materials Supervisor - Duties and Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 14, 2016
Company was installing LEAN Manufacturing in a food service environment without enough space to work in. The freezers were small and hard to work with.
Pros
Lunches were free
Cons
Management was difficult.
Worst job for me.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 2, 2016
Typical day at work was annoying. I only gained more job experience. The co-workers weren't the best and they weren't the worst.
No good
Slave (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 10, 2016
Low pay, they work you till 6 or 7 pm and you start at 6am ! NOBODY appreciate your work ethic or if you have a family at home you got to go to , simply NOBODY CARES AS LONG AS THERE WORK IS DONE THERE HAPPY!
Pros
Great employes
Cons
Dont care
poor work ethic
Assembly Builder (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 7, 2016
Since i have been working for Sky chefs, I have experience a lot of mischievous acts of employment. There is too much slack giving to the overnight shift. There is a lot of laziness and slack. not much contact with the the supervisors. Everything is touch and go with sky chefs. if you dont have the right information that they are looking for the company will not help you regardless of the situation. As an employee I did a good job at making myself available around the clock. especially working overnight. But there has been problems with an unfortunate event that has lead me to quit
Pros
free lunches and dinners, promotions and better opportunites
Cons
work load is too heavy, short breaks. Not really a secure and accurate to younger employees
Good
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 6, 2016
Enjoyable , exciting , learning environment I learned more about purchasing and buying, it productive environment .
• Maintains appropriate records, files, documentation as required by the Corporate Procurement team
• Facilitate the vendor completion of required “Vendor Set Up” documentation and prompt consolidated delivery to the Vendor Gatekeeper
• Issue “Request for Proposal” forms under the direction of Managers/Buyers
• Assist with the tracking of departmental performance measures/metrics and the reporting of those metrics
Fast pace environment.
Equipment/Sanitation Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2016
The work is a fast pace environment. Dealing with Airline catering the work schedule changes drastically according to aircraft delays. Company does train management in multi tasking. Great place for management training.
Pros
Opportunity to move up in role.
Cons
24/7 facility.
great
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  GuamMay 27, 2016
I enjoyed working here and we got along great and helped each other. great management. I learned a lot from this company. I think the hardest part would be when your rushing from one to the other.
Pros
free food
Cons
1 day off
Day to day
Assistant Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 25, 2016
Stock and maintain daily produce by date and ensure rotation of products for day to day assembly for plane departures. This job was very exciting to be a part of.
Pros
great staff enviornment.
Cons
not much growth within the company.