Sky Chefs Inc. Employee Reviews

I have fun with my partners
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VA 20166November 14, 2017
Been coordinator is fun, at the same time is a lot responsibility , but I liked because Learn more achievements, enjoying in the season time in thanksgiving day there are good food and good games. I really have a good time there.
African Americans have it bad
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2017
My experience at sky chef was horrible.African American workers do not last long .the Spanish community at least 75% give you a hard time .Management also being a majority of the community practise the double standards rules.Seniority Rules here kiss a#% to survive barely
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Racist
Best company once you are patient and willing to grow.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  East Point, GA 30344November 4, 2017
A fast-paced environment which provides many opportunities for people who are committed, reliable and willing to grow.
Great company to work for. Typically, I provide general supervision to the entire customer service center. Ensuring the customer's expectation is met and the overall goal and objective including safety, quality, and revenue are met.
Pros
Free Lunch, flexible Managers
Cons
Non
no raises
Sr. Analyst Revenue Reconciliation (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 4, 2017
loved the work, but there was no raises given, or no advancement. They would bring people in at market, but there was never any money for raises. hard work was never rewarded
Sad upper management.
Former member (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILNovember 1, 2017
Transportation department managers are cut throat. Yells at employees and disrespects your time by "expecting" people to stay over time on a consistent basis.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, flight delays, poor upper management people skills.
Awesome company to work for
Supervisor/Administrative Buyer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 30, 2017
The variety of people you work with is great. Learning different duties and being noticed for your hard work is something that doesn't happen in many companies. The best way to explain this company is that you are treated with respected and almost as if your all family.
Pros
FREE Awesome Lunchs
Cons
Starting pay isn't the best but their trying to improve!
LSG Sky Chefs
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Irving TXOctober 26, 2017
Typically work 8 hours a day, except for the first of the month, then it 10-12 hours. I have learned a lot about excel and linking files. The hardest part of the job is closing the books out for locations. There are so many items that tie together and have to be performed to complete this task. I have enjoyed learning how a corporation works.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Lack of training
Stressfull, fast paced operations
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2017
quickly gather all items to start shift, communicate goal for employees during face to face meeting, tackle the work needed for a days work, high strung, always needing to move. Supervisors are also workers who have to clean dirty carts and other stuff that should go through washroom. Unfairness towards newer employees. Language barrier with many even though we try to be an inclusive company.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks, feels like imprisonment in building, no balance between work and personal life
Work is relatively easy and this company can be rewarding to anyone with little to no previous work experience. Overall a friendly environment to work
Liquor & beverage Assembler and transporter (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 17, 2017
Working for this company I've learned to work in a fast pace environment while being able to multi task on a frequent basis. It brings the best out of you.
Pros
free lunches
LSG Sky Chefs was a company with vision
Benefits/Retirement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 13, 2017
I was able to grow substantially with this employer. I was giving many opportunities to grow as a HR/healthcare administrator. I never turned down an opportunity to grow and learn and the company was more than willing to allow me to grow. My struggle was there were not very many openings for advancement within the organization.
Pros
Willing to train and provide skill set to its employee's
Cons
Not many areas to allow promotion within the organization
sky chef was a great company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 11, 2017
it was ok working there as a team member, we lost the contract with united so now I have to move on to something with more pay and more benefits thank you all.
Management Culture
Senior Accounts Clerk III/ IS /CBASE Super User (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02128October 7, 2017
Managers stick with managers even when they are at Fault. This is their biggest issue. It took them a long time to finally pull the trigger and get rid of the HR manager that was allowing this unethical behavior to occur. If they actually held everyone to the same standards, wether you are an hourly employee or manager then this place would be a Great place to work. Managers need to treat employees like human beings, have some common sense.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Favoritism, Unethical behavior by managers.
Na
Manager of Accounts (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2017
Fast past enviroment long hours long coomute noisy cold and hard work. I don't have much to say really beside what I just did. I am ooking for that kind job anymore so raing it wont do me any good
fast paste
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 3, 2017
Sky Chefs is a fast paste environment with time management decision making, and schedules to maintain.
company offers good benefits free meals and free safety equipment.
overall its a good company to work learn and grow.
Pros
lunches
High paced environment But always something new.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2017
Fast paced environment but you need to work smart. Chance for advancement usually means moving out if town but if you are up for problem solving and taking on challenges then this ia for you.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
always a problem
Hardest part of job
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 25, 2017
Paying employees so little for the job they do. Our employees are worth so much more but we are dictated by the Union. I would like to be proud of what an employee is paid!
The work pace
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 21, 2017
I love having something to do and this company always had something for me to do. We also had to stay on time with the orders to get them shipped out on time, so you are working at a fast pace and as a team.
sky chef
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 20, 2017
It was a fun job but did get stressful with flights and delays. People who worked there were fun and made for a great atmosphere. Not much room for advancement.
Pros
free lunch, fun atmosphere
Cons
mandatory overtime during weather delays
Environment was negative
Manager, Employee Relations, North America (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 19, 2017
The HR division in the United States Corporate office was very cut-throat. There were cliques and those cliques elimated certain groups of people. It was a very difficult environment to work in.
benefits
Cons
people
A company that doesn't invest on the education of it's employees which is the cause of the "revolving door".
Employee (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 14, 2017
The worst employer I've ever worked for in my entire existance in the enployment world. Everyone in every position is literally thrown to the wolves after 1-3 days of training (if you want to call it that). And the end result, is the "revolving door". Every day there are no calls no shows or just calling in for whatever reason.

No team support whatsoever and mostly finger pointing because no one wants to take responsibility for their actions. Small facility so a lot of gossip and backstapping going on. And communication is a challenge because 75% of the employees do not speak, read or comprehend the English language and yet they keep hiring them because again, people do not stay here.
Pros
Free lunches if you can stomach what they're serving up.
Cons
This company will truly suck the life out of you if you allow it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sky Chefs Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.