Sky Chefs Inc. Employee Reviews

Very professional work place and fun
Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  GuamOctober 11, 2016
LSG is work place were you do pretty much everything from cleaning using proper chemical directions. Sanitizing equipment and work area. Inventory of supplies,replenish and maintaining a safe environment of work. You also learn to work with others cause it is must in this company. This is to keep employees always a head and consistent on deadlines.
Pros
Pays good, and good benefits
Cons
management needs to work on planning and executing on their plans
mediocre place to work for.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 17, 2016
A company that could be a great place to work for, but fails in that regards, do to mismanagement. A unionized place but without any unity. I firmly believe the Union is ran by the company, based off the lousy structured contract the employees have to oblige by.
Pros
full time hours
Cons
a quarter raise per year for a low paying job is unacceptable.
not a fun place to work for
Lead Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 18, 2016
is a good place to work i work in the dishroom as a lead but it is very hot in there it will be greater if they would turn on the air conditioner ibe been with this company for over a year and a half the pay is not good especially for being a lead i only have got one race since i been there and also the benefits are not great .
Pros
but they provide free food
Cons
the breaks are only 10minutes long wich is not good and lunch is half hour
Good secure company to work for
Caterer CDL Class B Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2016
Its a good place to work for. The company offers good benefits and is a very secure job. The money could be a little better but there is plenty of overtime to make up for it.
Nice place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MASeptember 20, 2016
Good company to work for. I had to leave beaches of another job. But I can certainly go back. Now they ask Cdl which before they didn't. Good benefits
Great place to work at good people and a greab jov
CDL-B driver (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJanuary 3, 2017
LSG is a great to place to work at. Learn great skills in regards to airport life. Make good money their also. The people that work their is what makes the place great. Don't matter what shift you work the people are friendly and willing to help out in any matter. Management is their weakness, they really only care about themselves and not the people that make them successful. I would say the hardest part of the job is the weather, their are good days and then bad. Its very hard to fight with mother nature though.
Pros
Great money and meet and work with great people
Cons
Funny that it is a catering company for but lunches are their worst problem their
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 20, 2016
In this i learn every position in the dish room and how to be a runner for the cold kitcken. Management are find , they always try to find a better and faster way for us to get the job done. Co-workers are friendly they would help you with anything and teach you how to work safely.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
30 min lunch break and a 20 min break
No Career Advancement
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 29, 2016
No job security and extensive amount of work for very little pay. No air conditioning in the trucks during the summer and heat in the winter. During the summer you nearly pass out of heat stroke and get no breaks. As for the winter you freeze with no heat in the trucks and the best they can do is leave the trucks running 24/7 so the engine can stay warm. They expect top of the line performance but do not show appreciation for the employees.
poor work ethic
Assembly Builder (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 7, 2016
Since i have been working for Sky chefs, I have experience a lot of mischievous acts of employment. There is too much slack giving to the overnight shift. There is a lot of laziness and slack. not much contact with the the supervisors. Everything is touch and go with sky chefs. if you dont have the right information that they are looking for the company will not help you regardless of the situation. As an employee I did a good job at making myself available around the clock. especially working overnight. But there has been problems with an unfortunate event that has lead me to quit
Pros
free lunches and dinners, promotions and better opportunites
Cons
work load is too heavy, short breaks. Not really a secure and accurate to younger employees
Not a stable business
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 25, 2016
Pittsburgh lost US AIR and business declined. This is the reason I left. Worked with a good management team and I was treated well.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare not very good.

Want to know more about Sky Chefs Inc.?

Ask a question
Very productive, great job and atmosphere.
Food Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2016
I used to be a food production supervisor. Every shift had its own challenges, but we all worked as a team. I enjoyed working with different departments and meeting different people.
Pros
Free meals, good benefits, PTO, great people
Cons
Was stuck on night shift.
management is unfair
Transportation supervisor (Former Employee) –  desplainesDecember 1, 2016
Hard job because management don't care about their direct or indirect employees. The culture in the company is to favor only the friends.
Continuous movement and activity throughout entire shift
Airline Food & Beverage Equipment Assembler (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI 48242August 14, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of myself and co-workers working together to complete food trays, snacks, and beverages for 10+ DELTA flights. On some days, we're working in the cooler and stocking inventory, and on other days, we're in the kitchen making and wrapping sandwiches, filling and assorting food trays, and restocking beverage stock onto carts for flights. My work environment is enjoyable as co-workers and I work together to complete our daily agenda, while reporting to our shift supervisor about our completed work. A clean and sanitized work station is required throughout the shift.
Sky Chefs
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2016
I really like the staff at Sky Chefs. There is really no room for advancement only because the company is very tight nit. Other than that i really enjoyed the job.
Pros
Staff
Cons
no advancement, pay
Decent company overall
FINANCE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2016
Pleasant coworkers and management though a bit disorganized. Very stable company in a safe industry. Overall a good company to work for.
Great ambient to work
Lead Supervisor, sandwich preparation (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 5, 2016
Great ambient to work but is to low the salary, i need more money for my work because is important for my position right now. My position is lead supervisor, and i had too many responsibilities.
Lsg sky chief
Employee (Current Employee) –  Philidelphia PAOctober 20, 2016
The job is good but I'm just looking for a better one that pays a little more been there for four years this time I find a better paying job I'm A very good worker
Productive and fast-paced
Assembler/Packer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 11, 2016
Sky Chef was an amazing job. Typical day at work is to come in and do what you are supposed to do depending on where your stationed for that day. I learned how to make the snack baskets for the airplanes. The management are all attentive and they are very very helpful. My co-workers were fine.
Great job
Cold foods (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILNovember 15, 2016
Working there gave me so much joy and there so much to do and willing feeling important and give the customer what they pay for and give them GREAT FOOD .!!!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Challenging work conditions
Materials Supervisor - Duties and Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 14, 2016
Company was installing LEAN Manufacturing in a food service environment without enough space to work in. The freezers were small and hard to work with.
Pros
Lunches were free
Cons
Management was difficult.