Sky Lakes Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Poor management
facilities engineer (Former Employee) –  Klamath falls OregonNovember 13, 2015
I was recently forced out of my job by a director at Sky lakes Medical Center. Directors and upper management are completely untouchable, if they don't like you they're going to make your job miserable or force you to quit.
Great company to work for that cares. Oppurtunities for advancement and learning within my RN practice.
Full-Time Skilled Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORAugust 17, 2015
Job description is clear. Open door policy with immediate supervisor with any problems that I have encountered. Enjoyed with with clients and family especially teaching self-care. Daily work load of 6 to 8 patients manageable and if I needed assist I could call my supervisor. Office staff pleasant and helpful.
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Oncall every third weekend in addition to mandatory weekday callout
Poor Management
HIM (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 18, 2015
Management at Sky Lakes tends to be uninformed, unorganized and sorely lacking in responding to any complaints. That being said the compensation and benefits are fair.
Flexible place to work
Communication Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 18, 2015
.I have held different positions with hospital and there is opportunity to transfer to different departments and our current director does support us in our decisions to learn new positions within her departments and change position. They have been fair to be.
Pros
They try to do whats best for the Community
Cons
They do not share information very well.
Sky Lakes is a great place to work as they offer room for advancement
Patient access representative (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORMarch 10, 2015
Sky Lakes is a productive and great place to work. My coworkers were like family enjoyed coming to work as I like helping people.
Supply Tech- Shipping and Receiving
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORFebruary 2, 2015
In charge of shipping and receiving for the entire hospital. Received new items, transported items to correct departments or facilities. Restocked and organized the hopsital warehouse. Shipped items out for any departments and Sky Lake facilities. Saved receiving documents and packing slips. Other duties as needed.
If you are a surgeon, working in the OR almost makes the entire experience a blast
Solo Urologist, Full Hospital Privileges (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, OROctober 19, 2014
unfortunately, they have an RN effectively in charge of administration who is vindictive and unable to respond constructively to criticism. They went to great cost and effort to recruit me, then because I made a complaint about the lack of a functioning flexible cystoscope in the clinic, they said I was not a "good fit" and the nurse administrator said my contract would not be renewed, despite the fact that they eventually went 2 years without a Urolgist in a critically-located hospital. Skylakes needs to be taken over by the state of Oregon, and decisions of physician hiring and firing should be off-limits to the locals unless it involves a crime or fraud.
Pros
great or staff and all anesthesiologists (no crnas). well-equipped or
Cons
dealing with the senior administrators.
Not the most enjoyable job.
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORSeptember 7, 2014
Facility itself is great but the environment my job was a part of was super stressful, unprofessional, and unrealistic with how much staff we were allotted. We were ran on roughly 1/3 of the people we should have to be productive. Dealing with rude patients that wouldn't take no for an answer as they're coughing and sneezing on you in the process made for great days. Couldn't see myself doing this for a career, I'd go nuts.
good place to work
monitor tech (Current Employee) –  ICUDecember 31, 2013
excellent job nice staff good hours
nice small town hospital
Very busy Diabetes Education Department
Diabetes Educator/Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJanuary 9, 2013
Hours were flexible and adjustable to needs. Day consisted of preparing to see patients on an individual basis - counseling for diabetes or other nutrition related disease states, or on a class basis depending on the day's schedule. Schedule was done by an assistant in the department or ourselves. It was a great place to work, the patients were a pleasure to work with for the most part. I thoroughly enjoyed them. Co-workers were supportive with work related challenges, not so much with personal challenges.
Great place to work at clean enviorment good food in cafe nice facility all around
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, OROctober 30, 2012
I was a self starter at 0500 each morning an hour before anyone there,checked schedule each morning to determine what case to set up for,I serviced each machine for doctors use as well as drug carts each day and assisted the doctors as needed.I learned to depened on my own self to get things done due to man power shortage,the management worked well with co-workers and always tried to find new ways to improve morale,co-workers got along well with each other and had to due to the fast paced setting in the (or) ,the loss of a patient and the grief of their loved ones,cases that seam to have no hope when we start the case and save that life by the time the surgery is done.
Pros
good vacations 3 to4 weeks a year
Cons
short breaks, not much manpower when needed
HR and management dishonest
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 19, 2012
Do not under any circumstances work for this hospital!! They lure you there and then try to get you to sign a lengthy contract they don't tell you about beforehand!

Sky Lakes Medical Center Reviews by Location