Sky Lakes Medical Center Employee Reviews

Get out
therapist (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJuly 16, 2017
Run away from this place as fast as you can. Theirs a reason they have to offer bonuses and wine and dine you to get people to work here. If you like a cut throat work environment with passive aggressive managers than apply to work here. The management is horrible, and the culture is very unethical. They routinely with hold bonuses from employees and cut hours. If you apply to work here, you will be sorry.
Great advancement opportunities
RN Post Surgical (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJune 15, 2017
Enjoyed working at Sky Lakes. Was treated well and received nice raises and benefits we're very good. Enjoyed my co workers and managers were very nice and helpful.
Pros
Constant learning
Cons
Staffing at certain times
Good Starting Job
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORMay 24, 2017
My position a Sky Lakes is a good starting job. The only reason I am looking for another position is I am completing my BA and would like to advance. The clinic supervisor is the best supervisor I have ever had and I will be sad to leave her and my co-workers.
Sky Lakes
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 26, 2017
I love the culture at Sky Lakes! This is the best place to work for! I cannot imagine working for any other company. The collaborative work environment is like no other!
worse place to work ever. horrible management.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 8, 2017
sky lakes ER is a horrible place to work there management bullies you, threatens you and does everything to get you to quit if they don't like you. if they can't get you to quit they will find reasons to try to get you in trouble for stupid ridiculous things. They have charge nurses that shop on line and play on the computer all night and take a ton of smoke breaks all night instead of working. techs and RN"s that sit and talk all night and play with there phones instead of working. When you complain to management about it they thow it in your face and nothing is done about it. Management lets the staff they like do anything they like including not working. this could be the reason all night shift RNs are new RN,S and there is only 1 nurse at night that has been there more than 2 years. most of the ER is ran by travels because no one wants to work there. The ER is ran like a high school. you have to be part of the in crowd with management or they make your life miserable.
Pros
some really good staff but getting thin
Cons
management is horrible
poor management
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  outpatient registrationMarch 8, 2017
I trained for a position with Sky Lakes for 3 weeks. They let me go without giving me reason. I know I was struggling with the computer software. My trainer would yell at me when I was registering a patient, "What are you doing"!! She would also insult me regularly,

The employees were actually allowed to use there cell phones and have loud conversations in front of patients!

Management should have given me more training. Management was not involved. Other hospitals would have.
Pros
It's a job, that's all.
Cons
They were cruel to me.
Poor management..bad organization
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJanuary 30, 2017
Do not work there...horrible work environment...manager hired me and put me into a hostile work environment where coworkers didn't want me there. They constantly made me feel unwelcome and uncomfortable...
Pros
Cons
Horrible managers and bad attitude coworkers
Caring and motivated workplace
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  OutpatientJanuary 11, 2017
Sky Lakes is motivated in moving forward and making changes to the health system to better serve its patients. It is a company that supports healthy living and has moved forward in that aspect to do only healthy choices in its cafeteria. The staff members are nice and help each other when needed.
Extreme example of what Hospital should not be !
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJanuary 7, 2017
I am an RN, MSN. With such a negative, though beautiful remodel. You get MD ,RN, LPN and ancillary staff to match, who wants this on their CV or Resume.
Severe shortage of care providers.You can sit on a list for over 2 years if lucky.
They have started a residency program to indenture MD's seeking a residency program to complete their training.
I had to assist the ER MD whose specialty was to be OB GYN to stitch up my husband's 6 inch head gash.
It needed irrigated and Saline was running everywhere.
2 nurses were sitting directly across from us talking.
I have run Mt Shasta Mercy Hospital, very rural....
I had never heard of a hospital so bad it was given a negative name.. Due to a care ptovider I spent 16 months with an untreated neck and t-spine fractures which healed deformed taking 12 hours to repair and straighten where they could have sent me immediately.
RUN AWAY, WHETHER, PATIENT OR PRACTIONER.
Pros
Cons
Nick named by staff & patients "Die Lakes" previously it was "Murder West" original nane Merle West.
Poor management
facilities engineer (Former Employee) –  Klamath falls OregonNovember 13, 2015
I was recently forced out of my job by a director at Sky lakes Medical Center. Directors and upper management are completely untouchable, if they don't like you they're going to make your job miserable or force you to quit.
Great company to work for that cares. Oppurtunities for advancement and learning within my RN practice.
Full-Time Skilled Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORAugust 17, 2015
Job description is clear. Open door policy with immediate supervisor with any problems that I have encountered. Enjoyed with with clients and family especially teaching self-care. Daily work load of 6 to 8 patients manageable and if I needed assist I could call my supervisor. Office staff pleasant and helpful.
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Oncall every third weekend in addition to mandatory weekday callout
Negative Changes in the Environment
Direct patient care RN (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJune 30, 2015
Recently many of the experienced nurses have been forced out of this work place. I have worked with most of these older, experienced nurses and would want them to care for me or my family. They are being replaced with new graduate nurses. I am not certain why this is happening. I am one of these nurses. I am probably not the most unbiased person to get a review from and would weigh this when reading this entry. I had many rewarding years at Sky Lakes and was sad to leave.
Poor Management
HIM (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 18, 2015
Management at Sky Lakes tends to be uninformed, unorganized and sorely lacking in responding to any complaints. That being said the compensation and benefits are fair.
Flexible place to work
Communication Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 18, 2015
.I have held different positions with hospital and there is opportunity to transfer to different departments and our current director does support us in our decisions to learn new positions within her departments and change position. They have been fair to be.
Pros
They try to do whats best for the Community
Cons
They do not share information very well.
Sky Lakes is a great place to work as they offer room for advancement
Patient access representative (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORMarch 10, 2015
Sky Lakes is a productive and great place to work. My coworkers were like family enjoyed coming to work as I like helping people.
Supply Tech- Shipping and Receiving
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORFebruary 2, 2015
In charge of shipping and receiving for the entire hospital. Received new items, transported items to correct departments or facilities. Restocked and organized the hopsital warehouse. Shipped items out for any departments and Sky Lake facilities. Saved receiving documents and packing slips. Other duties as needed.
If you are a surgeon, working in the OR almost makes the entire experience a blast
Solo Urologist, Full Hospital Privileges (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, OROctober 19, 2014
unfortunately, they have an RN effectively in charge of administration who is vindictive and unable to respond constructively to criticism. They went to great cost and effort to recruit me, then because I made a complaint about the lack of a functioning flexible cystoscope in the clinic, they said I was not a "good fit" and the nurse administrator said my contract would not be renewed, despite the fact that they eventually went 2 years without a Urolgist in a critically-located hospital. Skylakes needs to be taken over by the state of Oregon, and decisions of physician hiring and firing should be off-limits to the locals unless it involves a crime or fraud.
Pros
great OR staff and all anesthesiologists (no CRNAs). Well-equipped OR
Cons
dealing with the senior administrators.
Not the most enjoyable job.
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORSeptember 7, 2014
Facility itself is great but the environment my job was a part of was super stressful, unprofessional, and unrealistic with how much staff we were allotted. We were ran on roughly 1/3 of the people we should have to be productive. Dealing with rude patients that wouldn't take no for an answer as they're coughing and sneezing on you in the process made for great days. Couldn't see myself doing this for a career, I'd go nuts.
good place to work
monitor tech (Current Employee) –  ICUDecember 31, 2013
excellent job nice staff good hours
nice small town hospital
Very busy Diabetes Education Department
Diabetes Educator/Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJanuary 9, 2013
Hours were flexible and adjustable to needs. Day consisted of preparing to see patients on an individual basis - counseling for diabetes or other nutrition related disease states, or on a class basis depending on the day's schedule. Schedule was done by an assistant in the department or ourselves. It was a great place to work, the patients were a pleasure to work with for the most part. I thoroughly enjoyed them. Co-workers were supportive with work related challenges, not so much with personal challenges.