Sky Ridge Medical Center

Sky Ridge Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Do not recommend
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJanuary 18, 2016
As a current employee, I see a lot of inconsistencies. There is favoritism shown to employees by management, processes and procedures are not done the same by all employees, there is a lack of discipline for violations, to name a few. You never know what hours you are going to work as there is a lot of low volume, yet some employees get overtime consistently ( = favoritism. ) I would not want anyone in my family to be a patient here as patient safety does not seem to be a priority. Working here is like stepping back in time in terms of technology and equipment used. Currently seeking employment elsewhere as it is important for me to be proud of where I work and not have my integrity compromised.
Pros
Time off is not a problem
Cons
horrible management, low and inconsistent hours, favoritism, lots of gossiping employees
poor work environment
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CODecember 24, 2015
Odd break times.. schedule changes without notice.. minimal management, more micromanaging by peers. Pushed to work fast in an non ergonomic environment. Left to work alone with an unrealistic duty amount. You could be expected to hold 4 positions with little compensation. No standards for policies that keep patients and others safe.
Backstabbing , Micro - Managed Environment , Avoid If You Can
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMarch 22, 2016
Probably one of the worst positions I have ever had the displeasure of holding. Responsibility is high while compensation is low. Benefits are also subpar with a PTO accrual rate that is very low and is supposed to cover holidays, sick time, as well as vacation time.

Company purposely posts vague job descriptions so the compensation at the time seems fair, until you actually start your position and realize how much responsibility you actually carry.

Favoritism is rampant with team leads and managers siding with best friends and even family members. You will not be treated fair and you better hope you are on the right side of the clique . Besides the favoritism micro-management is very high with simple tasks taking far too long to complete due to the way they have to be completed.

The only pro to working here is the paycheck , otherwise get health care experience and move on. Trust me you are just another warm body to this company.
Pros
Pay check and thats about it.
Cons
Nonexistent breaks, short lunches, favoritism, micromanagement, petty co- workers
enjoyable work place
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CONovember 3, 2015
Skyridge Hospital was a great and challenging experience I was employed as one of the first employees of the new opening of the facilty. Worked in-patient and out-patient departments also worked surgery department, checking in patients due for scheduled appointments, all staff played as team workers, always there to assist one another in need. There was a variety of duties I did on daily basis a lot of turn over for new employees because of a new facility. My staff at this hospital was a learning experience from the time of my employment there for 7 years.
Pros
always had food events, and celebrations of holidays
Cons
conflict with staff members at time
Very busy Emergency Department
Emergency Room Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CODecember 24, 2014
As a Unit Secretary I was able to thrive through hectic times. I enjoy multi-tasking when necessary and pride myself when a project is complete. As a Registrar, I mostly enjoyed communicating with patients, I would go into their room to get pertinent information regarding HIPAA laws, insurance information, and gathering signatures for treatment and confidentiality. I would be an asset to your organization as I have had experience with sales as well as office procedures.
Pros
could work three days and be off four.
Cons
hardly ever could take a break during my 12 hour shift.
Review of Sky Ridge Medical Center
Central Scheduling Rep (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMay 21, 2013
I enjoyed my job very much at SkyRidge Medical Center however, management was a bit difficult. I loved my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was just in the fact that I was very sick and had to take medical leave for an emergency surgery and when my employer was notified by my dr that I would be out of work for at least 8 weeks instead of only 2, they terminated my employment while in was in recovery after my surgery.
Staff RN
Chemotherapy & Biotherapy Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COFebruary 24, 2015
Great place to begin as a new grad nurse, but difficult to be fairly compensated after 2 year commitment. Pretty much always short staffed after the expansion.
Pros
always hours to be worked
Cons
overworked, underpaid, unappreciated.
Not enough census
PRN CENTRAL STERILE (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNApril 12, 2012
Clean and repair instruments brought back after a surgery has completed
• Prepare instruments for processing and sterilization
• Complete all tests on machines and equipment used in Central Sterile
• Prepare surgical suite for surgery
• Maintain sterile field and instrumentation during surgery
• Assist surgeon with procedure
Team
Emergency Room Registrar (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJanuary 12, 2015
Patient account services, patient assistance, medical recording and reporting, emergency room experience, Medi-tech, Tele-tracking, front office paperwork, patient financial collection and management. Scheduling
Terrible Managment staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJune 24, 2014
One of the worst places to work. No sense of teamwork at all, it's a fight for your job everyday work environment. Management does not care about employees at all. Pay is not comparative to other Denver hospitals.
Cons
sometimes no breaks at all, under staffed at all times
Lovely place to work
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse for Level 3B (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COSeptember 15, 2014
Very busy unit currently in the middle of construction. Going from a unit of 330 deliveries to over 600.
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
many changes: utilizes older system of meditech, hca rewrote cpn making it very difficult for nurses to use.
Fast-paced, good environment to work for
Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COFebruary 21, 2013
Come in and ready to work and register patients and help out to make them as comfortable as I can. Constant patient flow and phone calls, questions, problem solving.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to have the opportunity to help people as much as I can.
Beautiful Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lonetree, COFebruary 19, 2015
Beautiful...brand new....lots of promise for a bright future with all of the additions...lowest pay in all of Colorado equals everyone quitting, thus being understaffed.
not a good place
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMay 29, 2014
avoid at all costs. not a good work environment, management is all about the bottom line. Nurses are routinely under paid and overworked. their staffing ratios are not conducive to quality and safe care.
Cons
everything
very fun place to work
Patient Family Escort (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMarch 9, 2014
loved sky ridge tipical day at work was to clock in and getting your day started seeing what needed to be done for the day, there was not a day that i did not want to work there and not come to work
Pros
free lunch as a volunteer
Charge nurse of ER
CLINICAL CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COAugust 26, 2014
Responsible for managing the patient flow of the ED. Extensive experience in ER nursing, patient care, triage, IV experience and working closely with providers.
Pros
small community hospital
Worst place to work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 28, 2014
It is a very hard place to work. The expectations are through the roof. I have scrubbed for 26 years and that was the worst experience I have ever had. They make you feel stupid if you make a small mistake. The staff are a bunch of backstabbers. The management makes fun of you behind your back and in front of other staff, they also play favorites. Their organization of instrument sets is beyond mind boggling. They are breaking the law by demanding that if you take a short lunch or no lunch at all you have to write it in the book as if you had taken a full lunch. If you can make it there you can make it anywhere. I have spent many years doing all services and have a good reputation as a scrub, but these people will tear you down to the very core and treat newcomers like poo. I personally know that there are 3 people working there that say that they went home crying every day for the space of 3 months each. The rest of the people that start there after I did, quit within the first 4 months of being there. They have the worst turnover rates and there is good reason for it.
Volunteer Chaplain
Volunteer Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COOctober 29, 2013
The people makes the company. The staff and my immediate boss is the best I've ever come to know from the housekeeping to the CEO.
Medium sized medical facility
ER REGISTRATION CLERK (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNAugust 8, 2014
Medical facility providing medical care including emergency care to patients from the area.
Excellent Place to Work