Sky Ridge Medical Center Employee Reviews

Over worked, under paid
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMay 18, 2017
I do not recommend this hospital to fellow health care workers.
Its a great place for patients, not to work. You will be underpaid, their are competitive with their wages.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMay 3, 2017
Sky Ridge was always busy and lots of hours to be filled by staff they didn't have to fill. Unfortunately lots of turn over with the staff and management.
Fast paced; high stress
Unit Secretary/CNA (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COApril 23, 2017
Low moral among most staff, very high stress and long hours.Good benefits and many perks working within the hospital, such as concierge, discounted meals.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Health One Management
very productive and safe environment
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COApril 10, 2017
a typical day at work was to unsure the work invironment an excellent place to admit patients a families. The management was perfect.
The hardest place is too see patients and families members going through sadness
The most enjoyable part of the job is to have that opportunity to help some one during hardship
If I could, I would take Sky Ridge with me!
Staff Nurse Medical-Oncology (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMarch 30, 2017
I've worked for Sky Ridge for 12 years and had planned to finish my career there! I am heartbroken to leave a place that I call "family", where I trusted my personal medical care, where my mother was loving cared as she died of a stage IV cancer. Unfortunately my mom's death has forced me to move away with my dad. How I DO encourage a dedicated professional to check out Sky Ridge. Doggonit I want to stay!!!
Pros
Compassionate culture, honest & employee driven!
Cons
Busy!
Great coworkers
Certified Surgical Technologist/Surgical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMarch 29, 2017
I loved my coworkers. It was a great place to work. The working atmosphere was always upbeat and everyone got along. I would recommend working at Sky Ridge to anyone looking for a hospital job.
Work At Skyridge
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant in ICU (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COFebruary 26, 2017
I like my job and the people that I work with. I work the overnight shifts 12 hours each night. There is a lot of change and jobs are not always stable or hours.

I have learned a lot between all my positions and continue to learn each day.

Management can change often.
Pros
Love to work with poeple and thier families
Cons
Sometimes hard when hours are cut...
Work Day
Admissions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJanuary 13, 2017
My typical day as a supervisor at SkyRidge
I would walk around to great my staff, look at everyones times(kronos) review emails, help when needed. Schedule, help out on the front line.
Meetings with, CEO or Directors from other departments. Meet with patients if they were having issues.
Pros
Interacting with people and hearing my staff tell me how proud they are of me
Cons
Leaving
Was Excellent Teamwork environment
ER RN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNOctober 11, 2016
Hectic very busy ER but the teamwork was amazing at that time. There are some very awesome Drs to work with as well. Dr DeVane and Dr Coleman are amazing!
Backstabbing , Micro - Managed Environment , Avoid If You Can
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMarch 22, 2016
Probably one of the worst positions I have ever had the displeasure of holding. Responsibility is high while compensation is low. Benefits are also subpar with a PTO accrual rate that is very low and is supposed to cover holidays, sick time, as well as vacation time.

Company purposely posts vague job descriptions so the compensation at the time seems fair, until you actually start your position and realize how much responsibility you actually carry.

Favoritism is rampant with team leads and managers siding with best friends and even family members. You will not be treated fair and you better hope you are on the right side of the clique . Besides the favoritism micro-management is very high with simple tasks taking far too long to complete due to the way they have to be completed.

The only pro to working here is the paycheck , otherwise get health care experience and move on. Trust me you are just another warm body to this company.
Pros
Pay check and thats about it.
Cons
Nonexistent breaks, short lunches, favoritism, micromanagement, petty co- workers
Do not recommend
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJanuary 18, 2016
As a current employee, I see a lot of inconsistencies. There is favoritism shown to employees by management, processes and procedures are not done the same by all employees, there is a lack of discipline for violations, to name a few. You never know what hours you are going to work as there is a lot of low volume, yet some employees get overtime consistently ( = favoritism. ) I would not want anyone in my family to be a patient here as patient safety does not seem to be a priority. Working here is like stepping back in time in terms of technology and equipment used. Currently seeking employment elsewhere as it is important for me to be proud of where I work and not have my integrity compromised.
Pros
Time off is not a problem
Cons
horrible management, low and inconsistent hours, favoritism, lots of gossiping employees
poor work environment
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CODecember 24, 2015
Odd break times.. schedule changes without notice.. minimal management, more micromanaging by peers. Pushed to work fast in an non ergonomic environment. Left to work alone with an unrealistic duty amount. You could be expected to hold 4 positions with little compensation. No standards for policies that keep patients and others safe.
enjoyable work place
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CONovember 3, 2015
Skyridge Hospital was a great and challenging experience I was employed as one of the first employees of the new opening of the facilty. Worked in-patient and out-patient departments also worked surgery department, checking in patients due for scheduled appointments, all staff played as team workers, always there to assist one another in need. There was a variety of duties I did on daily basis a lot of turn over for new employees because of a new facility. My staff at this hospital was a learning experience from the time of my employment there for 7 years.
Pros
always had food events, and celebrations of holidays
Cons
conflict with staff members at time
Busy ER always
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COAugust 2, 2015
Ever changing ER/ the Dr's are great to work with and always willing to teach you more to further your skills. always going thru changes never a stable.
Pros
good schedule
Cons
never get breaks or lunchs on a regular base
Staff RN
Chemotherapy & Biotherapy Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COFebruary 24, 2015
Great place to begin as a new grad nurse, but difficult to be fairly compensated after 2 year commitment. Pretty much always short staffed after the expansion.
Pros
Always hours to be worked
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, unappreciated.
Beautiful Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lonetree, COFebruary 19, 2015
Beautiful...brand new....lots of promise for a bright future with all of the additions...lowest pay in all of Colorado equals everyone quitting, thus being understaffed.
Team
Emergency Room Registrar (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJanuary 12, 2015
Patient account services, patient assistance, medical recording and reporting, emergency room experience, Medi-tech, Tele-tracking, front office paperwork, patient financial collection and management. Scheduling
Very busy Emergency Department
Emergency Room Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CODecember 24, 2014
As a Unit Secretary I was able to thrive through hectic times. I enjoy multi-tasking when necessary and pride myself when a project is complete. As a Registrar, I mostly enjoyed communicating with patients, I would go into their room to get pertinent information regarding HIPAA laws, insurance information, and gathering signatures for treatment and confidentiality. I would be an asset to your organization as I have had experience with sales as well as office procedures.
Pros
Could work three days and be off four.
Cons
hardly ever could take a break during my 12 hour shift.
Lovely place to work
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse for Level 3B (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COSeptember 15, 2014
Very busy unit currently in the middle of construction. Going from a unit of 330 deliveries to over 600.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Many changes: Utilizes older system of Meditech, HCA rewrote CPN making it very difficult for nurses to use.
Charge nurse of ER
CLINICAL CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COAugust 26, 2014
Responsible for managing the patient flow of the ED. Extensive experience in ER nursing, patient care, triage, IV experience and working closely with providers.
Pros
small community hospital

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sky Ridge Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Sky Ridge Medical Center Reviews by Location