Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park Employee Reviews

Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIJune 11, 2017
Work is very fun especially because of the staffing. The hardest part about the job is dealing with rude parents. I enjoy working with kids. Management could be better. I have learned how to deal with working under pressure.
Pros
free jump
Cons
pay
Great place for all ages and lots of fun
Event Host (Current Employee) –  Pine Brook, NJJune 6, 2017
I have been working at skyline for the past 3 years and I have always seen everyone having fun, staff is always tentative to the guest and we always make sure everyone is safe and having a great time!
Pros
Free jump and flexible hours
High School Work Environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 4, 2017
A great place for a first or second job as a high schooler or if you are just trying to make a little money in college. If you are looking for something serious it's obviously not really the place with all the little kids running around every day
Pros
Very Flexible Schedule
Cons
screaming kids all day
No job security, favoritism, low pay, barely any hours
Cashier/Court monitor/Event Host (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLMay 2, 2017
Management was fun but played major favoritism in employees. Low pay for work done, stressful environment, long shifts but barely get scheduled. Also every 3 months or so they have "employee reviews" where they basically fire half the staff and hire new people.
Pros
Half price concessions, free jumping
Cons
long shifts, low pay, favoritism
easy workplace and a cool breakroom
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maple Shade, NJApril 9, 2017
Working at Sky Zone changes you perspective about the whole place. The management I would give a 3 out of 5 stars because most of them just have to learn how to hide when they have "favorites". The most enjoyable part about working at Sky Zone was seeing my friends that I had made while working there.
Very fun, productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montville, NJMarch 31, 2017
This job has been the best I have ever had since I started working. The staff is so friendly and ready to make friendships, no drama. Management its above and beyond amazing, always there for you.
Cons
crazy at times, overwhelming
Easy Job
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMarch 12, 2017
This was a very simple job. The environment was relaxed and there was not much responsibility. It is a great place for high school students to work because of the hours and age group of the staff.
First Job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 31, 2017
Was an entry level job to earn some side cash while still in school. It was a good place to learn how to work with different levels of management.
Fun work environment
Event Coordinator/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Allendale, NJJanuary 26, 2017
The staff is nice and are they're there to help achieve the same goal. Everyone remains in a positive attitude and works hard to make sure all guests are having a good time and safe in the park area.
Pros
fun work atmosphere
Fun workplace, meet new people
Court Monitor (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJanuary 9, 2017
It's a great environment to be around. Especially since you get to meet new people. There isn't any real "hard" part about any of the jobs here. Asking for days off is pretty simple. They use an app called when I work so you can see and set your schedule. You can trade your shifts as necessary with your company workers. The only negative thing about this job is the managers. They don't really bother to come out of the office to check up on staff or help around the park. Other than that, I love working around children and their families.
Pros
Free drinks. Free jumping time. Half off food and apparel.
Cons
No breaks. Poor management.
Fun place to work and get healthy
Lead Court Monitor/Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Van NuysNovember 27, 2016
I worked at Sky Zone for a little less than a year. I began that job as my first job and as one of the very first employee's at the Van Nuys location. At this job every day is a good day to come to work. The managers there were young, cool, but also experienced and made sure things went as smoothly as possible. In other words, they weren't "care free". Unlike my most recent job, this place had a ton of co workers, all of them fun and unique in their own way. The hardest part about this job was having a supervising position. We had to make sure all of the rules were being followed and having to calm down hyper children. This is where I learned how to approach kids and how to speak to a large group of people. This is where I also learned to give and take orders. A typical day at work here is being no more than five minutes late, having a positive attitude and friendly manner, and making sure everything gets cleaned and put away when the day is over. The most enjoyable part of this job was being around people just trying to have fun.
Pros
Random employee dodgeball tournaments
Cons
Cleaning up really dirty messes.
always exciting job
Party Host and Greeter (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 8, 2016
I love working with kids, so being a party host was a great first job. My coworkers became some of my best friends and we were, and still are, one big family.
Pros
coworkers
Horrible Place to work
Court Monitor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN 55441May 17, 2016
Sky zone was not a good place to work at, there were many things wrong with this particular place, for example. it wasn't safe there were many safety hazards. it also made many illegal moves like hiring underage kids.
Pros
Free Jumping
Cons
Bad Managment, Illegal Hours, Poor Pay
Fun place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INFebruary 10, 2016
I had a great time working with the staff and learning about event planning and booking. I was also able to teach the Skyrobics class that was offered there.
Good
Court Monitor (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 24, 2016
It is a very easy job you just stand and watch kids however there are too many rules and managemant makes it real tough on the employees with so many rules in place. It is a good job for a high school or college student.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Too many rules
Productive and Great place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 10, 2016
Fast pace, but engaging work place. Not for the faint of heart, but for the child at heart. Management is understanding and helpful, but they encourage you to step into your leadership role by letting you handle problems one your own.
Pros
free jump, food on sight, great breaks, ask for vacation; get vacation
Cons
weekends mandatory
A fun job in a poorly run and non-professional facility
Court Monitor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 6, 2016
If you enjoy working, interacting, and bantering with kids and young adults, and consider yourself to be a VERY patient and tolerant person, this job has the potential to be very fun and rewarding.

Typical Day:
Interact with and entertain kids, enforce rules in a stern but playful manner. officiate volleyball and dodgeball games and tournaments, sweeping, dusting, and vacuuming trampolines, maintaining a high energy level and a happy and excited appearance at all times with no exceptions, on occasion attending an empty court (in such case, standing and doing nothing for 30 minutes to an hour and looking happy and excited while doing it)

Co-workers:
Expect to be working alongside nothing but teenagers (15-19 years) who are high energy, playful, and borderline immature/obnoxious. Do not expect to make lasting workplace friendships; the employee turnover is very fast.

Management:
Oh boy.
The management staff was generally difficult to work with and nearly as unprofessional as the teenagers whom they employ. This being said, I do commend their ability to effectively communicate and deal with teenage employees on a daily basis; however, if you are older/more mature than most, expect to be treated like a teenager regardless. Do note that I may not be able to accurately comment on the current management staff, seeing as the turnover in management is abnormally high. In a four month period, four managers were hired (two of which were promoted internally to assistant manager) and four managers were lost (two were fired, and two resigned). Though I was recognized as an outstanding
  more... employee by my supervisors and the management staff, I would still receive intimidating emails from the management staff, stating and restating that we, as Sky Zone employees, have the easiest job in the world, were privileged to be employed at Sky Zone, and would be fired for not doing our jobs with a zero tolerance policy. While I agree that the job is easy and employees should be held responsible for doing their job, receiving these emails TWO TO THREE TIMES PER WEEK is entirely unnecessary and should alternatively deal with problem employees on a one on one basis.

The most difficult part of the job is enforcing rules in a calm and fun manner, and in a way that small children can understand and follow. Inevitably, you will be approached by disgruntled parents who cannot believe they payed $24 per person to come to this facility and be expected to follow a somewhat extensive list of safety rules which you as an employee must memorize, recite, and enforce.

The most enjoyable part of the job is delivering a fun and memorable experience to a child, parent, or family, and having them return and recognize you as their preferred court monitor. Developing a relationship with repeat customers is an overall satisfying/fulfilling experience which nearly compensates for all of the negative aspects and drawbacks of being a Sky Zone employee.
Pros
Extremely flexible schedule, Fun job, Rewarding
Cons
Nearly zero job security, Poorly managed, Must fight and scavenge for hours
Overall Fun and loving place to be
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 3, 2015
Typical day at work is pretty much greeting people and giving information to whoever needs help. I learned how to have patience and understanding between co workers and customers, & very well organized facility. Hardest part was making sure children know and understand the rules to avoid any injuries. The most enjoyable part is watching everyone leave 99.9% of the time leave with a smile on there face !
Pros
Free Jumping
Cons
Not enough work hours
Bad work enviroment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim CAAugust 18, 2015
I was brought in and immediately was forced, by the owner and VP to fire 26 people within a time frame of 3 months. Sky zone Anaheim has 85 to 100 employees at a time with a 60 day turnover rate as far as employees go. I was not happy with the environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Court Monitor (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 14, 2015
A great environment for all ages. Turned working into a passion. Learned alot from a unique working environment. Well managered and very interactive with customers and staff. Awesome co-workers, people that I associate with inside and outside of work. The hardest part of the job was maintenance, and conducting the proper proceedure in an emergency state. The most enjoyable part of the job was working at a trampoline park with happy co-workers.
Pros
Free jump time off the clock, free pizza, met great people, hours were very flexible.
Cons
Maintenance every night

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7