Sky Zone

Sky Zone United States Employee Reviews

Good, bad and ugly of flying high
Cashier (Current Employee), Kalamazoo MIFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: jump with one other person for free when you're not working, discount concessions, flexible hours
Cons: not enough hours, management could be better, training was poor, nepotism and favoritism
Hello-

I've been working at a new franchise of sky zone for about 2-3 months now. I never get more than 5 hours a week unless It's a snow day or vacation week when kids are off school. Sky zone is a fun, fast paced,often times crazy and can be stressful.

Me and 80 other employees were not properly trained when we opened our doors so to say it frankly the first month was H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS. I literally hated my job it was that stressful. I am a cashier so what I do is check and validate waivers, sell tickets, and ring up tickets already bough along with selling socks and all the other ins and outs including concessions, greeting and cleaning. All my managers are like 25 so this business is young. Our CEO is 29. We make alot of money but sometimes I struggle to make change correctly because i'm doing so much at once.

Often you will will find yourself as the only one working in concessions with a long line. I have great availability considering this is a primarily an after school and weekend business and I still get BARE MINIMUM HOURS!! It sucks! Ever two weeks I get a pay check of like between 35-$85 !!! And some kids get worked like 15 so they make 2x more. It's hard because were all hard workers but there definitely is favoritism. THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE HIRED THAT MANY KIDS!!!! I would have rather not been hired considering I am looking for another job because I barely get worked.

But you do get to jump for free with one friend (also for free) when you're not working and if we're not busy. It's fun and I love the people but the management is sub-par and so was the training. – more... This is one of the fastest growing franchises in the US but there's alot they need to fix to make it better.

Overall easy job once you get the hang of it. (it's really a HS/College Job) Unless your a full time manager. In that case you'd have to really have a passion for sky zone because it's crazy (especially the parents who have to pay high fees for their kids to jump and sometimes have to get turned down because we sell out for safety reasons at a specific number of jumpers) – less
Great atmosphere to grow in customer service skills
Check in guests for their parties as a concierge (Current Employee), Suwanee, GADecember 26, 2014
Pros: pay, and experience
Cons: hours
I enjoy being at Sky Zone making a childs birthday even special than what it already is. Its just grat to see children smiling and fully enjoying and celebrating their birthday with their close family and friends.
awful experience
Lead Court Monitor (Current Employee), Westlake, OHNovember 18, 2014
Pros: discount concessions
Cons: short breaks, poor mangagement, poor atmosphere
management is terrible. they consistently make false promises to staff. make it difficult to balance school and work for students. poor choices regarding staff and hiring. expect too much for workers who are younger and still in high school
fun place to work and keep active.
First-Line Supervisor of Customers (Former Employee), Everett, MAOctober 6, 2014
great way to learn how to work with others in a public high energy setting.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Jackson, TNSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: free food.
Cons: scary injuries sometimes
Great place to work with children and make sure they are safe with fun things to do. You should always be prepared to work with your children.
fun work place with trampolines all over and activites along with them
court monitor (Former Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 21, 2014
Pros: benifits that they provided, break times
Cons: the hours provided.to many kids under age working
a typical day at work would be like alot of people on the shift vut depening on the day of the week it was also depended on how many customers we got.i learned how to interact with people of all kind (ages,sizes).the management was horrible they didnt communicate with us as much and they were kind of unorganized.my coworkers were okay for the most part except they being under age although that had nothing to do with anything.the hardest part of the job was cleaning at the end of the night,we had to clean the big trampolines with little sponge mops.the most enjoyable part of work was being able to jump on the trampolines before our shifts.
Fun, energetic workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 30, 2014
Pros: discounts
A typical day at work was if I was apart of the first shift I had to make sure everything was cleaned before attending that cash registers and if it was not then I would clean what needed to be clean. As a cashier I welcomed the guests since we were the first people they seen. I sometimes had to go back and forth from concession if there were not enough people working that day. The hardest part of the job for me was giving directions to those people who called asking where sky zone was because I was not familiar with the area at first but then it became easy after I looked on a map. The easiest part of the job was cleaning. My co-workers were nice except for one guy that was a bit talkative but other than him everyone was friendly and nice. The managers were very helpful if you needed help with anything they didn't have a problem helping you. While working here I learned to be more patient with other people how to use the cash register which I thought would be hard at first but it was not.
cool job very enjoyable but gets boring on slow days but the coworkers make up for that have great times there.
Court Monitor (Former Employee), Riverside, CAApril 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch at times
Cons: short breaks
loved this job very fun great workers and customers didn't like all management but majority of them were cool loved working with the kids as well as other customers coworkers are amazing full of fun and culture bonded with them very quickly and it didn't hurt that there was free pizza sometimes.
not the best
Court Monitor (Former Employee), Peoria, AZApril 3, 2014
Pros: jump time, coworkers
Cons: everything else
When i worked for sky zone i didnt enjoy it at all. the mangament was not proffesional and the hours sucked. however they have recelty gotten new managment and i do not know how the place is now run.
skyzone
court monitor (Former Employee), Oakdale, MNNovember 21, 2013
Pros: lots of hours to work, free jump, fun coworkers
Cons: pay
It was a fun energetic place to work, co-workers where flexiable
skyzone was an interesting experience.
Cashier & Visitor Safety Instructor (Former Employee), Hyde Park, MAOctober 10, 2013
Pros: exsercing, pay, constant hours of work.
Cons: management
SkyZone was an interesting job to have mainly because it is a trampoline indoor spot. Where people can go and jump on the trampoline mats and or play dodge ball on the other trampoline mat designed for dodge ball games.
Fun workplace, trampolines
Court Monitor (Former Employee), GASeptember 29, 2013
Always on the look out, meeting a lot of new people, fun environment
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/ Sales Representative (Current Employee), Gardena, CAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: free jumping
Cons: short breaks, managers showing favoritism, not getting any work hours
A typical day at work is helping customers, cleaning, working in concessions, more cleaning, and cleaning again. I learned how to handle customer's problems and needs very well. The manager over cashiers which was my position was a great manager. He treated his employees well, and helped us with any problems we had. My co-workers were very young, fun, and entertaining. They made work go by faster, kept me laughing. Hardest part of the job is probably restocking concessions, overall it was fairly easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was probably interacting with co-workers and customers, it's interesting having different conversations with everyone, learning new things.
Fun and enjoyable job working with kids
Party Host/Cashier (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSMay 8, 2013
Pros: working with kids, flexible hours, fun environment, enjoyable team to work with and awesome management
Cons: low pay, not full time, distance from home
Working at Sky Zone, and indoor trampoline park, is a very fun and enjoyable place to work. I really enjoy being around kids, and this job allows me to do so on a daily basis. A typical day at work for me included checking liability waivers, and getting the kids shoes and jump stickers, as well as making sure that they hear and understand the rules. After they start jumping, it is my job to be sure that the kids have an amazing time. I set up the party room, and then serve the kids pizza, soda, cake and ice cream, as well as provide a gift list for them. After they leave, I clean up the room, and then continue on to begin my next party. In my spare time at work I also provide customer service, answer any questions that they may have, and on days that I do not have a party I work the register and answer phone calls. It is an excellent environment, with awesome team members and managers. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the kids, and watching them enjoy themselves so much. It has taught me a lot about how to work with kids of all ages, how to keep their attention, as well as how to communicate with their parents, and provide excellent customer service.
Trampolines Indoor Park
Sales Coordinator / Anaheim (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJanuary 11, 2013
This was a great job besides the staff was employed. hours were dealt to favorties and employess were put in parts thats didnt seem to fit their character. Kids were watching kids as moms and familys came in to jump on trampolines. i was a bitrhday party coodinator. i had the job of answering phone calls, sales, birthday party management, and customer service. the partys were awesome and some were not. kids didnt show which makes it harder for u to get the momentum going. alot of the time, we really didnt gety training on how to interact with the customers. it was all first to learn get the hours. girls got mad cuz they never had the oppotunity to learn how to be a better party host. most the other employees were high school kids and alot of the customers would be offended by the action of some kids. staff and owner need to realize how to treat employees with more respect.
Productive and self paced place of employment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Roswell, GADecember 5, 2012
Pros: great work environment
Cons: rate of pay
Maintaing the day to day operations of the facility. A self paced environment.

About Sky Zone

Sky Zone is the world's first indoor trampoline park. We're the inventors of "fun fitness" and the makers of trampolines – Read more

Sky Zone Salaries