Sky Zone Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCFebruary 27, 2016
A typical day at work is you come in and speak to your other co-workers and managers and then get straight to were you belong. Since I had this job I learned to communicate more with people not just the customers, but also your co-workers and managers. You have a lot of team support on your back. Nobody is left alone or left out. Our team management is wonderful they support and help you out a lot. They really get into their job as managers and holding down the whole Sky Zone facility. I wouldn't say there is a hard part about this job at all. It's very simple If you have a positive vibe and very cheerful and happy.
Pros
The employer jumps and can bring a family for 1/2 price
Cons
The employer has to pay for anything if they wanted something.
Tending to the customers needs.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAOctober 11, 2015
A typical day at Sky Zone for me was to make sure everything was prepped and ready for the business day to begin. I learned that the customers being as comfortable as possible was the most important aspect of working there. Good management was key to help running a business such as Sky Zone's, without good management things can go bad easily. All, if not most, of the co-workers were fun loving and easy to work with. The hardest part of working at Sky Zone was that there were always a customer that demanded to have their way that wasn't apart of our company. The most enjoyable part was that the partents and kids would leave happy and with smiles on their faces.
Pros
free jump time
Cons
short breaks and not enough benefits
Fun work environment all based around trampolines
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 24, 2016
Typical work day consists of booking and hosting birthday parties. I've learned a lot about booking parties and making them the best ever for kids and adults. The management team works together well to make employees and guest happy while maintaining the facility. The hardest part of my job can be finding the perfect party package for a wide range of guests to specifically fit their needs. The best part about my job is seeing the look on small children's faces after they have had the best birthday party of their life!
Pros
fast paced environment, keeps me busy.
Cons
crazy work hours sometimes.
Very fun and exciting workplace with trampolines
Cashier/Event Host (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 1, 2016
I learned how to use the kiosk system. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to see the children have fun. The management team is amazing. Co-workers are very easily to get along with.
Pros
fuel zone
Cons
short breaks
Fun, upbeat environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAMarch 6, 2016
The energy of the management is great! Everyone is helpful & friendly and overall the job is fun.
Problem is, managers playing favorites with hours. As well as most people only getting one 3-5 hour shift a week.
Pros
work environment
Cons
barely any hours, favoritism from management.
High Intensity work with little concern for employee moral
Staff (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJuly 8, 2015
I have learned the business is entirely driven off of profits and lacks any direct concern for the employees or life events that occur. No warnings are given before termination and the owners influence upon business directly affects the customers view of the company negatively when independently owned as a franchise. Little compensation was given to employees who did well and promotions are regularly skipped over to hire someone who is qualified as opposed to promoting from within.
Pros
Good work experience
Cons
No benifits, non gaurenteed hours, no PTO, low pay, small chance for promotions
Very productive with a very relaxed and comfortable feeling
Court Monitor (Current Employee) –  North Spring, TXOctober 17, 2015
A typical day would be coming into work, making sure all the trampolines are safe and that all the straps for the padding are working.
I learned different approaches and ways to speak to a customer.
Management is awesome and tend to be really understanding.
Co-workers are a little young but tend to know how to get the job done.
The hard part would be the customers that make is hard for others to enjoy their time there.
The most enjoyable part is being able to make the customer happy and see them having a good time and also the flexible schedule they have with us.
Love it
Event Host (Current Employee) –  Township of Ocean, NJSeptember 24, 2015
Fun workplace, coworkers become close friends. Management is flexible and nice. It's like a family.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the parents and dealing with unexpected problems
You have to be adaptable at this place. You might have one position but you may be needed in a completely different position.
If you like kids and a pretty fast paced environment, you'll love it.
Pros
Parties usually leave food, cake or juice. You will get tips as a party host
Cons
Short breaks, No free food
"ok" place to work
social media (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 7, 2015
There is a lot micromanagement. And as a new company, there's a lot of sudden changes and it can be a little unorganized at times. It's manageable, but just not an ideal workplace situation.
Pros
Pretty convenient hours, free jumping for employees + 1 guest
Cons
Micromanagement / unorganized
Fun atmosphere
Indoor trampoline Park / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Danvers,MAOctober 6, 2015
A typical day at Sky Zone consisted of selling jump tickets, as well as socks, and food from the concession stand. I learned many things about safety, and was also CPR certified. Management is not perfect, and needs to work on fairness and communication. Aside from that watching the kids that came into jump enjoy themselves was very warming.
great environment with great staff to work with
Court Monitor (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJMay 5, 2016
overall a great place to be and work, friendly and welcoming. no matter what job i had, the people i worked with were awesome and enjoyable to work with.
Fun Place to work; not many hours
Event Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 30, 2015
• Organized and booked all group events/parties
• Created the schedule for daily events
• Coordinated with Kitchen and Host staff
• Worked as a Customer Service Rep. with in-house clients
• Implemented all company promotions
Pros
Fun
Cons
Few Hours
Great environment
Aerobics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 31, 2016
I love working here because I basically get paid to workout. I love helping people get fit and lose weight. This is an amazing place.
Very enjoyable workplace
Host Birthday (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMarch 3, 2016
It's a great place to work! atmosphere is great especially if you like kids and have a great attitude everyone is so nice.
fun
Court Monitor (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAApril 21, 2016
this job fun and fast , you have to keep up rules and remember all of the codes for the customers especially with the kids to make sure no one get hurts.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 9, 2015
While Sky Zone was a great place to work, it was hard to find someone to pick up shifts for you. Almost all of my co-workers were in high school still. There were four managers that managed everyone there. As a cashier at Sky Zone, my basic responsibilities included greeting the customers as the walked in, handling money and selling tickets, and keeping a clean and organized work environment.
Pros
Jump for free
Cons
Short breaks
okay place to work
Court Monitor, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAJanuary 22, 2016
bad pay, standing for long periods of time, lots of cleaning, no grace period. okay first job, sometimes difficult parents and jumpers, lots of rules.
place to take a family with less work
All Purpose Clerk (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 2, 2015
the place is big but dusty a lot the food is good and made fresh and with clean hands with glove a safe place to keep up with kids and a relaxed day for parents the crew is friendly everyone is nice and happy naturally with the job
Pros
enjoying the fun of kids better then chuck e chesse
Cons
all the screaming and some kids get out of hand and wont listen
Well established work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rumford, RIMay 8, 2015
A typical day at work would involve me clocking in and making sure my station was nice and clean. Generally making sure everything was ready for the customer to see. Then as the day progressed pizza would be brought in to be served to the customers. The management it top notch very understanding and very tentative to your individual needs. The co workers are excellent they show and represent the feel of sky zone perfectly. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with customers when we would be extremely busy.
Though the most enjoyable part would be working with customers to solve their problems and make them happy with the company overall.
Pros
Free Gifts Now in then, excellent co workers, positive environment, Apprecative
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun place to work at
Court Monitor (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAMay 8, 2015
Sky Zone can be a fun place to work at, especially after you build friendships with the co-workers and managers. The managers are nice but I worked there for 18 months and I only got one 30 cent raise while I was there and I would consider myself to have been one of the better workers there.
Pros
Fun, Friendly
Cons
Low pay