SKY

SKY Employer Reviews

Paid unfairly for workload/job role
Sales and Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), UddingstonJune 5, 2014
Pros: location, management
Cons: rotational hours, unrealistic salary and comission rate
Excellent management and decent hours, but salary unfair based on expectations and over-all job role.
Sky
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGApril 12, 2014
I started work at 9;00 am from there we would see how people where doing with there sales and offer advice to other colleagues, from there we would take our walk sheets(where we were to knock) and head off and then return to the office at around 7;00 pm.
Customer Service / Sales Rep (Former Employee), Cardiff, WLSMarch 16, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
August 2008 - October 2009 - Customer Service / Sales Rep
Customer Service Team Manager: Leading a team of agents to deliver a quality service. Achievement and activities within this role included:
 Accomplished effective communication across all levels. Established closer working relationships with support areas to improve the service my team provides.
 – more... Led team through change and maintained high performance.
 Demonstrated care and understanding to team members; building employee engagement and trust, whilst balancing the needs of the business and releasing the full potential of team members.
 Installed team work to ensure my team deliver a world class service to our customers.
 Exceeded business targets through effective coaching.
 Won various prizes for the results achieved in key areas including Sales, Quality/Customer Satisfaction and Manager of the Month.
 Strengthened team work by inspiring, coaching, developing and motivating the team to deliver a quality service to our customers. – less
enjoyable most of the time
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), barnsley - sheffieldFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: break whenever needed, cheap sky
Cons: working sundays
9am-5pm any 5 days of the week
patience and good customer service skills
co-workers make the job easier if you get along with them, but sales, got to watch your back!
hardest part of the job is when the day is long and you don't talk to customers or you work with someone you don't like
most enjoyable part is that it is quite relaxed, getting plenty – more... of sales on and working with someone you get on with - makes the day go quicker – less
Great experience
Event & content promotion specialist (Former Employee), Milano, LOMJanuary 29, 2014
Activities: organizing events and communication activities to promote broadcasting’s contents (especially original productions and new channels).
operations
manager (Former Employee), osterleyJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
fast paced
constant change
not much team work as its high pressured environment to deliver
good benefits
Productive and fun place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Uddingston, SCTJanuary 27, 2014
Really enjoyed my time at Sky and worked with some amazing people
Sales driven, not enjoyable
Direct Sales Advisor (Former Employee), CardiffJanuary 27, 2014
Did not enjoy working for this company at all. Managmernt were far to driven by sales numbers than anything else and staff were treated more as numbers than collegues.
Clean place
Picker (Former Employee), Coventry Airport, ENGDecember 6, 2013
Pros: nice personell
Cons: not a lot of job
I picking orders every day, check cosmetic things to make sure that parts for boxes are good.
Inconsistancy
Sky Talk Broadband Support (Former Employee), Newcastle Upon TyneDecember 2, 2013
Pros: free fruit on a friday
Cons: unsociable hours, shoddy management.
TLC (The Listening Company) are the outsourced company for Sky Talk/BB Support.

Policies and Procedures change on a daily basis, so there was no consistent way to do your job.
A Days Work At Sky
Acting Team Leader/Customer Serv/Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Cardiff City, WLSNovember 30, 2013
Pros: free sky
Cons: there were no career prospects for me.
I didn't feel at all secure within my job in this call centre as you would often see members of your team and other teams being called into a conference room at the side of the call centre and soon coming out to collect there stuff as they had just been told there contract had been terminated especially around the end of a tax year.
I had a very good – more... relationship with my team leader who was always overworked due to constantly having to repeat himself to other members of the team to keep their sales up and only 2 or 3 strong members of the team including myself carrying the team constantly hitting & maintaining targets.
The hardest part of the job was completely understanding where the customer were coming from when they had their bills and there were charges on there they didn't expect and everything was overpriced but having to tell them that the bill was correct. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was when people would come to me for help that proved I was a very reliable member of the team and well known as hard working and trustworthy. However everyday was a new challenge for me and the time that I spent there I was fully committed and always finding new ways exceed my employers expectations. – less
sky
Sales men (Former Employee), glasgowNovember 29, 2013
selling sky boxes and satellite installments. Required excellent communication and time management skills
productive
Call center agent (Former Employee), Derby, ENGNovember 28, 2013
Pros: uniform
Cons: shift work/ no travel home. took 2 hours to get home
answering phone calls
how to solve problems that arise
Achievements include helping others
productive and fun place to work
Sales/retention advisor (Former Employee), Uddingston, SCTNovember 11, 2013
Pros: everything
loved everything about sky
daily call handling
i learned everything i know now
co workers were amazing
no hard parts of the job
management were fabulous with exception to one...
Its a very confortable and freindly environment.
Files and archive (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 25, 2013
Pros: free refreshments and a kitchen
Cons: long working hours.
The co-workers where quite friendly, my supervisor was very informative and understanding. The hardest part of the job was the working hours which was 9-5 and this is because it was only a part time job but other than that i would have to say the experience was pretty good.
Challenging and dynamic workplace
translator and adapter for dubbing and subtitling (Current Employee), Milano, LOMOctober 16, 2013
I love translating for dubbing and subtitling or do whatever involves dealing with new clients to satisfy their requests. Collaboration with colleagues would be very useful and enriching.
This was my first partnership, I learned how to run a business
Co-propriétaire (Former Employee), Québec, QCSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: facing the challenges and being able to get the job done
Cons: cash flow
Every day was different. I was involved with production, packing and shipping. I was the receptionist, office manager and payroll clerk. 2 to 3 times a year, we would attend model trade shows, I would make the travel arrangements, help set up the booth and sell our model airplane kits.

I learned to run a business.

I worked very well with my partner

The – more... hardest part of the job was going months without a salary.

I believe I learned something everyday. I always looked forward to going in. – less
hard working at the doors
sales advisor (Current Employee), ENGSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: good wage
Cons: n/a
Good commission structure,
fun company
door sales is harder and a lot longer hours
sales
SKY SALES REP (Former Employee), Livingston, SCTAugust 28, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: there isnt eny
great company to work for...i learnt most of my telesales through this company my co workers where great to get on with... hardest part of job was dealing with complaints...
long hours, nasty people
Sales Representative, Sky (Former Employee), birminghamJuly 13, 2013
i liked meeting new people at sky my co workers but it was not worth the hassle dureing my time at sky knocking on doors i dident get paid and people were rude i did not like this job

1 2 3 4 5

About SKY

London-based British Sky Broadcasting Group plc is a satellite broadcasting company with operations in the United Kingdom and – Read more