Skyland Trail Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Medical Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2017
Great place to work I enjoyed working there.Just had insecure manager that always did things the hard way.Try to provide her with ideals that would make the work load easier.
Pros
The employees
Cons
My Manager
Very challenging work/life balance
Care (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2017
Residential care facility for adults; heavy work load; very challenging balancing work with outside life; very inefficient EMR which contributed to having to work evenings and weekends to stay on top of paperwork.
Top management autocratic - did not appear interested in other's ideas or opinions.

Many of the staff are/were dedicated professionals with strong commitment to their patients.
Pros
Independence, dedicated staff
Cons
challenging work/life balance, autocratic management, poor EMR
Great place to work.
Graduate Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2016
Everyone is very supportive of each other. The main focus is on the clients at this mental health treatment facility.
A great place to work
Vocational Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2016
The work is challenging and rewarding. The organization provides cutting edge, holistic mental health treatment, and it is exciting to be a part of that. Each day is new and I am always learning.
Pros
Beautiful campus, a great team
Excellent
Recreation Therapist Internship (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2015
Overall, nice place to work. Good management, good work ethic, good staff and patient relations. I did my internship at this organization and I love it.
Pros
Subsidies Lunch for staff, and friendly staff.
Cons
Short breaks and peaceful environment
Excellent, Top Notch Services for Adults with Mental Illness
Day Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2014
I found the supportive team atmosphere to be the best aspect of my work at Skyland Trail. Co-workers are professional and knowledgeable in their respective fields. I learned much about the balance between the business side of the mental health industry and providing excellent clinical services. If you are a hard worker seeking a job where you will get extensive and intensive experience working with adults with chronic and persistent illness, you have found your match.
A day with Shauna
Residential Counselor I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2014
I come to work I take a count of the residents and then get updated by my coworkers especially if there was an incident. ()sexually acting out. contraband, or threats of walking away from the facility. Because you are no longer willing to follow the rules and regulations of he program. I have learned continued patience and to remember to follow-up with peers and management. My coworkers are informative. The hardest part of my job was the drive to and from.
Pros
I enjoy working with people
Cons
the long drive to work
Horrible Place to worK
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2014
There is constant turn over of counselors every 6 months. No one stays unless you are one of the "Liked Employee's" Most staff are are very educated and knowledable but managemant is a joke all they care about is money not the welfare of the patients. Management and many staff whoare "Team Players" are very condesending and act as if they are better than others. Staff and clients have evern comitted suicide there,.. Please Pick you place of work wisely.,.
Pros
I was able to get a new job
Cons
List too long
Good Clinical Experience
Clinical Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2014
Currently working here as an intern. Have learned a great deal about clinical practice and myself during this experience!
great place to work; great people
Assistant to Directors of Finance and Operations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2012
My typical work day was one in which I supported two C-level managers. I learned how time management from my supervisors.

My co-workers taught me the value of being a team player.

The hardest part of my job was transcription and the most enjoyable part of my job calendar management for my supervisors.