The Assistant General Manager assists the General Manager with directing and administering the operational efforts of the restaurant including team leadership, relationship building, developing others, achievement awareness, and business acumen. Works collaboratively with the General Manager in leading the restaurant team to deliver operational metrics by ensuring established policies and procedures are followed with the overall objective of increasing customer count and loyalty.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Engaged in the sourcing, recruiting and selection of Skyline Time employees in order to maintain adequate staffing.
- Uses appropriate tools to determine staffing levels for proper utilization of human resources based on customer count/sales/transactions.
- Provides on-going communication in diverse settings: to ensures team stays informed of restaurant activities, and progress toward established goals.
- Approaches issues or conflicts with the objective of reaching win/win solutions.
- Approaches employee relationships that supports Skyline behaviors culture in order to perform job expectations.
- Drives sales by establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relations with customers. Follows local store marketing plan as delegated.
- Ensures personnel are well trained in all aspects of their respective jobs. Completes orientation, as delegated, of new employees and validates the hospitality acumen. Performs cross training as necessary.
- Communicates and coaches for success.
Achievement Awareness: Manages and leads Hospitality, Quality, Service, & Cleanliness (HQSC) according to standards and strategy.
- Ensures operations are conducted in accordance with established Skyline Chili Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), policies, givens & guidelines, and with legal and regulatory requirements. Ensures food is prepared in accordance with Skyline SOP and portions are properly controlled.
- Ensures sanitation and monitors food handling procedures, temperature controls, and sanitary conditions.
- Ensures proper maintenance and general housekeeping of the building, grounds, work areas, and equipment is carried out, including snow and ice removal.
- Implements, and assists with, changes to established policies and procedures within the restaurant.
- Ensures customers' concerns or complaints are promptly resolved utilizing the STARS system.
- Assumes responsibility for any and all operational functions as required or assigned.
- Conducts or attends manager and team meetings with restaurant employees to inform and train. Discusses areas needing improvement and changes in procedure.
- Manages Safety and Security: Conducts and supervises safety and security training. Ensures Safety and Security program is completed by all active employees.
- Administers and protects the business: Assumes responsibility, as delegated, for the effective administration of restaurant functions. Continually seeks ways to improve restaurant operations and productivity and to meet established goals.
- Obtains Financial Results via sales and EBITDA: Ensures alignment with Skyline’s strategic goals. Collaborates with GM to ensure sales and profitability goals through sales growth and manageable income. Collaborates with GM to manage all controllable costs to meet ideal targets. Identifies outlier (i.e. labor, food costs) reports off-target results to supervisor and takes corrective direction. Collaborates with GM to manage restaurant budget. Consults with and takes directions from GM.
- Restaurant services are efficiently and effectively delivered in accordance with established Company policies and standards. HQSC measures meet company expectation.
- Good business relationships exist with customers and their questions and problems are promptly resolved.
- Restaurant personnel are well trained and efficient, and their activities well coordinated.
- Required reports and records are accurate and timely.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems. Suggestions are provided for improved efficiency or effectiveness in operations.
- Good working relationships exist with restaurant and corporate personnel. Assistance is provided as needed.
- Restaurant profitability is in line with Company expectations.
- Education/Certification: High school graduate or equivalent.
- Required Knowledge: Familiarity with restaurant functions, policies, and procedures. Understanding of related legal and regulatory requirements. Serve Safe certification preferred—must be certified within 6 months of hire. Valid drivers’ license and state-required car insurance.
- Experience Required: Previous management or supervisory experience preferred.
- Skills/Abilities: Strong interpersonal, leadership, and supervisory skills. Well organized. Ability to operate related computer applications and related business equipment. Ability to maintain an effective and efficient workflow.
- Work Week: 5 days/50 hours. This can very depending on work efficiencies and job demands.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Talking: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Repetitive Motion: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Grasping: Using fingers and palm on an object.
- Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Physical Strength: Fast paced work; standing most of the time. Exerts up to 35 lbs. occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs frequently.
- NONE: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Able to interpret various instructions.
- Mathematics Ability: Ability to compute discount, interest, profit, and loss; commission markup and selling price; and ratio, proportion, and percentage. Able to perform very simple algebra.
- Language Ability: Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction manuals atlases, and encyclopedias. Ability to prepare memos, and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style. Ability to conduct training, communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis, correct pronunciation (or sign equivalent), and variation in word order using present, perfect, and future tenses.
Indeed - 30+ days ago