Skyline College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Productive and Useful for Advances
Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Bruno, CAMarch 14, 2017
Duties included sending emails and planning for study sessions. Required understanding of the materials covered and required to be creative methods to explain them.
Management is awful. It's basically controlled by whom ever he likes that day.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 8, 2016
This is the craziest place I have ever worked. Rules change every day. The "president" changes his mind about everything and anything based on who he likes that day.
Pros
Some of the people were nice.
Cons
Productive work place, can be extremely busy or slow, constant studying of materials
Financial Aid Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Financial Aid Office, bldg 2, San Bruno CAMay 26, 2016
Typical day at work would be checking emails, assisting students with financial aid forms, information, and applications, assisting technicians with projects such as spread sheets and letters, contacting students for corrections, conducting workshops to assist in applications,.
Pros
Nice staff, enjoy helping others, educated work
Cons
Supervisors attitude towards students, lack of work or instruction at times
the classes were good i learned a lot
Manager (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAFebruary 16, 2016
the school was fun but it needed more entertained with more clubs and programs and opportunities for students to get help. I learned how give my support to the coaches and the friends i made.
Pros
free lunches and free dinner
Cons
no breaks until the team gets the job done
Excellent work environment. Head Coach was an excellent leader and mentor for the students. Great team building skills.
Baseball Coach/Hitting, Pitching (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CASeptember 25, 2015
The head coach was an excellent mentor and teacher. He earned the respect of all his players and they worked hard for him. He has great team building skills and built a very cohesive baseball team. He conducts himself in a very professional manner and shows respect to all his players.
Rewarding Place to Coach
Assistant Baseball Coach/Fitness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Bruno, CAMay 29, 2015
Coaching at Skyline is a blessing. Everyone is extremely friendly and easy to work with. The best part of coaching at Skyline is knowing I get to be a part of helping kids move on to 4-year colleges and continue their education.
Looking for job of ASL instructor
American Sign Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAMay 11, 2015
I have my 15-year experience of teaching Hearing students in ASL I & ASL II classes at Skyline College. I left on July 15, 2015 from Skyline College. I am still American Sign Language instructor because I love to teach ASL I & ASL II. I am looking for job of ASL instructor at any colleges or any School districts.
Pros
Teaching ASL I & ASL II classes is so great and so fun.
Instructor
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 16, 2014
Poor management. Bad environment. Would not recommend anyone to work there.
Fun environment for the office workers to plan events
Programming Board Member and Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Bruno, CAMarch 19, 2014
Everyday, the office opens at 8am and we assist the students with questions about the campus activities, give out Student ID cards, work with the student government of the college and plan/put on campus events.
Pros
Office and planning experience, priority class scheduling
A total grind
Freshman Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 21, 2013
Not much to say, prepare to dial a lot of numbers and get asked who you are.
Good learning environment
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  San brunoJanuary 14, 2013
As a math tutor, I had to answer questions from students mostly about calculus. I enjoyed teaching people and review questions that I already know from different aspects. I learned how to listen to requests and quickly find out the problem they have.
Great enviornment with people who care.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CADecember 1, 2012
I loved working for Skyline. I learned a lot of my people skills working under the management team I was under.
Pros
great management staff.
Cons
only limited to 20 hours a week.
SPN (Former Employee) –  Roanoke,VAJuly 23, 2012
This was My College. I obtained the skills needed to become a PN and to sit for my state boards. This was a hard long journey for me, however I did enjoy my time at Skyline College.
I enjoyed my time working with the students and faculty at Skyline College.
Instructor, LPN Program (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 19, 2012
My typical day at work is instructing students at all levels depending upon the day. I have learned the importance of collaborating with other instructors in my field, and how to instruct students at their level in order that understanding be achieved. Having a good relationship with my co-workers has never been a problem: I have learned from them and they, from me. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing students who have had a difficult time understanding concepts finally understanding and applying those concepts in the classroom or clinical setting. The most difficult part of my job is year around instruction with only one disignated time (for all faculty) to take and use vacation time.
Pros
interaction with students and faculty
Cons
lack of availability to take vacation days