Skyline Corporation Employee Reviews

low pay, horrible enviroment
Asst. Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INNovember 6, 2017
this company pays it's workers in the poverty range while the owners have mansions in Elkhart, Chicago , and Miami. you can't take pride in your work because they want to build the cheapest product they can utilizing the cheapest, most inferior products they can find
Pros
can't think of one
Cons
pay, work environment
Skyline is a home builder with a stressful environment
Electrician (Former Employee) –  606 South East Main Street Mansfield TexasSeptember 18, 2017
I worked at Skyline for 2 years it's a very fast-paced environment which can be very stressful the supervisors we're somewhat new to the position. Advancements were hard in certain positions because the company was always short-handed I had no problem with the supervisors or managers. They would tell you that I was a hard-working man always on time never late for work and I knew my job. At this time Skyline is no longer in business they were bought out by Champion Homes.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hard to advance in company
worked long hours no time for anything else
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sugarcreek, OHDecember 12, 2016
Building walls and repairing rest of department all day long.
Had to keep doing everyone else job to make sure it was done.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Always at work no home life
Productive, family oriented, stable environment, employee friendly
Corporate Director of Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INNovember 13, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
lack of benefits
Productive and Secure Place to Work
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 17, 2015
The years I worked at Skyline were good years. I worked full-time and learned a lot about document and spreadsheet productive in Excel. I also had the opportunity for a promotion into not one but two positions for Department Secretary of Manufactured Housing and Recreational Vehicles. The hardest part of my job was probably the full-time hours being a single mother of a young child and paying for a finding child care all the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the many close friends I made during my years of working at Skyline.
Pros
Excellent benefits package and paid vacation time.
Cons
Sometimes spent a lot of hours on my feet
Productive and fun work week in the systems built housing industry
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PAJuly 23, 2014
A typical day in the office was taking calls and caring for accounts to help them place orders for production. That the business is a feast or famine industry. Meaning, their either is too much business to handle or not enough business to keep the plants producing. Had a great relationship with all of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was having to learn all of the components that go into building a home in the plant. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling you got when you signed on a new account for your company, a feeling of success.
Pros
The individuals in the sales team worked very well togther and enjoyed each others successes
Cons
Having to work open house on weekends at clients retail lot
Very fast pace enviroment, good people to work with, excellent pay
Manufacturing/Warehouse work (Former Employee) –  Fair Haven, VTJuly 27, 2013
I did not mind working here it was a very fast pace job,the people were good to work with it was a good enviroment. I typically did roofing, put together walls to be set next down the line. It was a long assembly line and every station had its purpose. Hardest part of the job was sometimes it got a little out of control with the fast pace other than that it was a great job.
Pros
Excellent pay, good benefits, good people to work with
Cons
Talked a lot about safety but really didnt enforce it
Skyline
Tape and Texture Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Arkansas City, KSJuly 5, 2013
I like my job however its very stressful to work under the people i do. Cant lead if your always being yelled at and pulled to the side. I also would like to be talked to like a person and have it be a normal work respect. I also would like a steady work flow, its hard to support a family when your getting layed off every other week.
Pros
Job, pay sometimes.
Cons
Management, checks arnt always reliable, layed off a lot.
Productive and fast work environment
Floater (Former Employee) –  Sugarcreek, OHApril 24, 2013
Good place to work if your are a fast learner. management is ok. job is hard to pick up on because there is so much to learn in a short amount of time
Pros
hours
Cons
some of the other employees
Company is on it's way down
Group leader (Former Employee) –  Elkhart INApril 15, 2013
Was a good job 15-20 years ago, but never changed with what was selling and the way they do business which hurt them in the long run.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
long days
Enjoyable place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 10, 2012
First thing we would do is have a meeting about the day or the days work we did the day before. Then i would go and start caulking the baseboards and crown molding while the girls clean the half of the modular. Install toilets in the floors that needed them. Install ovens, counter-top ranges, fridges, wall ovens, microwaves, washers, and dryers, In the midst of all that when the plastic was to be put on the half for delivery ad set up, i would be called to staple it to the top of the roof then get off. Then at the end of the day i would clean up with the rest of my department.
Managment was a well organized group uf guys that knew how to get things done and get it done on time. If the plant was open i would go back to work for them.
The co-workers and i all had one thing set in mind. Get done and go home.
The hardest part of the job was sometimes i was bent over for at least 2-3 hours at a time.
The best part of the job was getting done at like 12-1 in the asfter noon and get to go home early, and that i was getting $11 an hour plus a bonuse at the end of the week
Pros
the bonuses
Cons
the plant closed
Very productive and fast paced enviroment
Roofer (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven VT.December 25, 2011
I did not mind the job because i am always on the go and it is a very fast paced assembly line. You have to always be on your toes and be aware of your surroundings
Pros
the pay was great
Cons
the nights we worked til 8:00pm