Skyline Medical Center Employee Reviews

Awesome Place to Work
Radiation Oncology Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 31, 2017
This was my favorite place to work. Not only was the department but upper management was wonderful. Our director kept everyone involved and informed at all times. He was very compassionate and truly cared about his staff. We have management meeting with all department heads that he was over and he wanted us to be aware of things going on and keep us updated with past, present, and future updates. I miss my job there and would recommend this place to anyone to work or to be a patient.
Pros
Best place I ever worked
Cons
Long distant ddrive
Great team on 6th floor!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 7, 2017
There are ups and down anywhere as a nurse. Understaffing was a struggle. But I loved the people I worked with. The teamwork and value placed on the team was worth the experience for me!
Pros
Team Work; job security
Cons
Staffing
Loved working here!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 29, 2017
Administration was very much involved in the day to day components. There would be plenty of times admin would come down and help take admitted patients to their rooms when the ER would be extremely busy. Great Teamwork! Great experience in getting nursing skills and knowledge. Open communication. They have their own education department and offered almost any type of certification! Food was great with inexpensive pricing. Although, I did wish the cafeteria stay open later. Very busy and fast paced ER. Many opportunities for advancement!
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Great neuro. services
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 7, 2017
Enjoyed working with my co-workers. Received a great amount of knowledge about neuroscience. Was able to work on my time management skills due to total care nursing.
Nice hospital
Floor Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 20, 2017
Nice hospital. Many team players. Good patient care. The staff did their best to work with one another to assure the patients were taken care of throughout the shift.
Happy Place to work, unless you need something for you or your family
CERTIFIED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 3, 2017
Manager picks her favorites. Gets her way about who works there, one way or another. If you need anything like help with a family issue, she'll help if she wants you to stay. Coworkers are amazing. Patient load is fine. New Trauma Center provides great experience. Team work in trauma is mostly smooth.
Pros
Everything but Management
Cons
Manager
nursing assistant
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 10, 2017
working as a nursing assistant at skyline has its ups and downs, over all you get to me great people and managers care about his or her employees patients are wonderful
great schedule
Extern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 4, 2017
loved working here. Great environment and the schedule was amazing! Everybody was friendly and made me feel right at home. I would recommend this office for future employment.
Rated at a B workplace
CMA (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 28, 2017
Many days of working thru lunch. The doctor was late almost every day which put pts at risk. Mgmt never addressed this. Terrible communication in office.
Great experience
RN, ICU Stepdown/ Pulmonology (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 24, 2017
Gained experience in an ICU stepdown unit, with trachs, ventilatiors, epilepsy monitoring etc.Worked in a great team setting
I loved working for American Red Cross I got to meet so many people.
Lab Assistant phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 9, 2016
I loved working for ARC we got to travel and they sometimes fed us at the churches on Sunday's great benefits and we were saving live's I loved it.
Pros
Good food travel benefits best Team
Cons
All hours no set schedule
Worked for this company for over 5 years
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNSeptember 27, 2016
Do NOT work in x ray. Atleast until current lead is gone. There is no opportunity for advancement. Cannot even mention the word CT or specials. Tense atmosphere in x ray because everyone talks so bad about everyone. The supervisor/lead is the main one doing it and almost encourages it. No support from upper mangement.

The CT department is much better however. Good group there. Very busy, but good supportive supervisor.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Absolutely NO support from upper management and HR
Critical Care Unit
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 23, 2015
Worked as a Critical Care Staff Nurse in a unit that were mostly Neuro patients. Had always worked with cardiac patients previously and this helped me sharpen my Neuro nursing skills.
Productive workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA/CNT) (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 15, 2015
Get report, do vitals on 17-34 patients, assist with ADL's, and document everything while keeping areas and hands clean. All is done under the direct supervison of a licensed RN.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation, Great teamwork on my shift.
Cons
Short staffed and short on necessary supplies more often than not.
No support from management
RN/Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 3, 2015
Overall, great place to work, new manager came in and started to clear out all of the people that had worked there for a number of years
Pros
self scheduling, great atmosphere
Cons
new manager
good enviroment
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 2, 2015
start working once you clock in good stady place time goes by fast
i love working with and meeting new people and i did that on a daily basis
Pros
good enviroment
Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  TNMay 27, 2015
Often there is not enough staff to appropriately care for patients; however, their is much experience to be gain from here.
A Day in the Life
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 12, 2015
Best part about my job is the coworkers a great. There is a real sense of teamwork on the floor with every nurse supporting each other and doing their best to make it through the shift and provide for each patient to the best that we can. The hardest part about the job currently is all the new changes and charting that are taking place hospital wide. A typical day includes getting patients ready for procedures and testing, reviewing labs and orders and then going back and reviewing physicians orders and daily notes and addressing any needs that arise with each patient. Afternoon is typically spend discharging and admitting new patients.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Shortstaffed
Very good work environment, and excellent staff.
Staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Trauma Critical CareMarch 6, 2015
Skyline has an excellent staff of nurses. They work well together,and are a very cohesive and supportive team. The work is frequently fast paced, and frenetic in it's intensity. There seems rarely a night that something isn't going on, and an excellent opportunity to learn about trauma nursing.
Pros
Great staff to work with.
Cons
None that come to mind.
Good bedside care experence
Staff Nurse Neurological Intensive Care (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 10, 2014
Love ICU bedside care. I enjoyed the critical thinking involved in caring for the critically ill neuro patient. On most nights was charge nurse which allowed me to tap into my managerial background all the while bringing me back to what I truly love. Caring for the ill and dying.
Pros
Being a caregiver again . Love night shift.
Cons
No real con.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skyline Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Skyline Medical Center Reviews by Location