Skyline Medical Center

Skyline Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA/CNT) (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 15, 2015
Get report, do vitals on 17-34 patients, assist with ADL's, and document everything while keeping areas and hands clean. All is done under the direct supervison of a licensed RN.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation, Great teamwork on my shift.
Cons
Short staffed and short on necessary supplies more often than not.
No support from management
RN/Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 3, 2015
Overall, great place to work, new manager came in and started to clear out all of the people that had worked there for a number of years
Pros
self scheduling, great atmosphere
Cons
new manager
good enviroment
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 2, 2015
start working once you clock in good stady place time goes by fast
i love working with and meeting new people and i did that on a daily basis
Pros
good enviroment
Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  TNMay 27, 2015
Often there is not enough staff to appropriately care for patients; however, their is much experience to be gain from here.
A Day in the Life
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 12, 2015
Best part about my job is the coworkers a great. There is a real sense of teamwork on the floor with every nurse supporting each other and doing their best to make it through the shift and provide for each patient to the best that we can. The hardest part about the job currently is all the new changes and charting that are taking place hospital wide. A typical day includes getting patients ready for procedures and testing, reviewing labs and orders and then going back and reviewing physicians orders and daily notes and addressing any needs that arise with each patient. Afternoon is typically spend discharging and admitting new patients.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Shortstaffed
Very good work environment, and excellent staff.
Staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Trauma Critical CareMarch 6, 2015
Skyline has an excellent staff of nurses. They work well together,and are a very cohesive and supportive team. The work is frequently fast paced, and frenetic in it's intensity. There seems rarely a night that something isn't going on, and an excellent opportunity to learn about trauma nursing.
Pros
great staff to work with.
Cons
none that come to mind.
Good bedside care experence
Staff Nurse Neurological Intensive Care (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 10, 2014
Love ICU bedside care. I enjoyed the critical thinking involved in caring for the critically ill neuro patient. On most nights was charge nurse which allowed me to tap into my managerial background all the while bringing me back to what I truly love. Caring for the ill and dying.
Pros
being a caregiver again . love night shift.
Cons
no real con.
Typical Day at work
RN - CCU (Current Employee) –  Skyline Medical CenterMarch 12, 2014
I start my day off at work by being assigned two patients. I then review their diagnostic test, lab work, and vital signs. Then I assess my patients for various aliments and disease processes. I usually go to do medication administration. I then will continue to monitor and reassess my patients throughout the day, going to tests, helping with procedures, and transferring them to where they need to go.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
benefits are constantly being slashed.
excellent team work
Cardiopulmonary RN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 12, 2014
new facility expanding with community. I have work with them and have made many friends. The potential to advance is limited.
It was a great job!
NUC MED R.N. STRESS R.N. (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 16, 2013
I had the best manager ever and the work was stressful but fun!. I worked with a great team and I loved it. The worst part of job was being on my feet 8-10 hrs. a day.
Pros
great cafeteria. very clean.
Cons
worst drive ever. could be 20 mins. or 1-2 hrs if wrecks.
I love my team at skyline medical center we were the top phlepotomist in nashville we all came from the American Redcross of Nashville TN. T
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 15, 2013
I work the night shift for seven yrs. in the lab at the hospital My shift was responsible for drawing the whole hospital witch was call morning labs started work at 11:00 pm to 7:00 am, we covered the ED also so we had all ages we drew how to get blood from a turnip and was great at it I had patients requesting for me to draw they blood. the most enjoyable part was my shift worked as a team. the hardest part of the job was when someone would call out that would make us sometime have 2 whole floors and that is really hard on u the doctors would come around 5:00 am and they would be up set because their results were not in the computer we would still be out drawing.
Pros
we would have potlucks, and sometimes at night we would bring food and cook at night and we were a family
Cons
could not get off nights.
energizer bunny
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 16, 2013
enjoy what i do and i have a qualifying education. Workmans' Compensation should be paid as yet today january 16, 2013 and they should not confuse me with someone else that would use my social security number.
Pros
snow days made it to work
Cons
i was the only one there
fun workplace
Nursing, RN (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 15, 2012
12hr shift with caring team work members
hardest day working with etoh pts
management easy to get in touch, willing to work with you and listen to request
Pros
work life balance, great team work
Cons
turnovers
Good place to work,continued education encouraged and required.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 25, 2012
I went to skyline as Nashville memorial closed.Worked from 1984 until 2010 when i was forced to retire early due to shoulder surgery.Iam now well healed and able to work.Enjoyed the work enviornment and the people very much.The hardest part of the job in ccu was the periodical heavy lifting and pushing beds.Idid however really love the nurse /patient relationship and the fellowship of other employees.I worked 7am-7pm.My day was total care of two patients.Medications,baths,feeding and charting their progress.Also correlating phusical care with emotional care,family and physicans.