Summary: This position includes end-user support, routine maintenance, technical assistance on / off site field and training to customers and infrastructure support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
1) Internal End User Support
- Diagnosing hardware and software problems
- On-call when needed
- Virus Clean Up
- VPN problems
- Training staff
- Using IT Support Request system to document, prioritize, and track requests.
2) Routine Maintenance
- Installing/configuring new computers/telephones
- Repairing/upgrading PC and Mac hardware and software
- Troubleshooting printers/scanners/copiers
- Maintaining inventory of equipment and supplies (toner, cables, adapters, etc.)
- Must work outside 8am to 4:30pm M-F schedule regularly for server upgrades (when required).
- Undertake the day to day operation of backup systems including rotation of backup tapes.
3) Infrastructure Support
- Building and installing cables
- Researching, learning, and evaluating new software/phone system
- Plan upgrades to current systems and servers; Windows and Linux environments
- Documenting systems
4) Field Support
- Applying technical knowledge, electrical, mechanical and software skills to create and test requested settings (script) to specific equipment / tracking devices.
- Work with customer service, manufacturing and quality to create and maintain service manuals.
- Work with and train other service personnel, distributors and field sales personnel to document and resolve field complaints.
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone and other electronic medium.
- Review unit configuration or setting to perform requested service.
- Provide training to clients in the use of our system and understand reports.
Other Ergonomic Requirements
Working environment - in office with a personal computer, server room.
Physical demands - much walking to various offices, lifting and moving printers and computers
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: The individual must possess these skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Communication skills using speech and writing
- Ability to touch-type at a speed of at least 40 wpm
- Ability to systematically troubleshoot complex problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- A+ Certification
- Experience in the field or in a related area of at least 3 years
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
*SkyPatrol reserves the right to change or reassign job duties or combine positions at any time.