SKYTOP LODGE Employee Reviews

Work day was productive but ended abruptly
Baking and Pastry Extern (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PASeptember 11, 2017
The management at skytop lodge is extremely corrupt and they seem to pick favorites very easily and stick to it. One other extern was there at the same time as I was and they treated her with respect and just kicked me to the curb.
Fun and versatile workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PAJuly 27, 2017
Skytop Lodge was a very different work environment that I've ever experienced working. Although the hours were very flexible and also very extensive I enjoyed working for Skytop Lodge I would recommend this work place for anyone that is looking for an employer that has fun working with different cultures and also doesn't mind having a job that is not repetitive each time you come to work then Skytop Lodge is a place for you. Also it includes room and board with meals included with your room and board not many jobs offer that.
Pros
Not repetitive, meeting new different people from all around the world, and also great pay
Cons
Long work hours constant movement, few days off
cool place to work, good to make money
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PAJune 25, 2017
Not the best place but defiantly make money there. Love the vibe and the crew for the most part makes the job worth it. Place needs some serious renovations but its a really nice area and cool place to work
Pros
Managment
Cons
Pay, Gm
Productive but sometimes slow
Tea room attendent (Current Employee) –  Skytop, PAApril 22, 2017
It is an okay place to work. Busy during the slow and very slow during the winter. Best to have a back up job. The guests that stay are friendly and working there provides you with a different kind of experience.
Pros
Commission and lunch provided
Cons
Short breaks
productive
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Cresco, PAApril 14, 2017
stressful, sometimes fun, nice people, nice management, annoying, learned about skytop, great benefits if full time, free breakfast lunch and dinner, a lot of activities
Good Company
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Skytop, PAJanuary 19, 2017
SKytop Lodge is an excellent getaway resort for couples and families. Great company that respects their employees as well as promotes from within. Reservation department is wonderful!
Skytop Lodge
Assistant Superintendent (officially spray tech) (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 7, 2016
Great job and experience for me I have learned how to mix and spray chemicals. I am getting more experience with the irrigation system. I am also getting experience with training and leasing the crew. The management on the golf course is great, but have minor issues with the other management.
Pros
Free lunches, great crew, good golf course management, good overall working envirroment
Cons
Winter work is cold, working in rain, long drive
Love tht place
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  PANovember 22, 2016
In my working on Skytop I started Frm houseman to banquet capt, nice place to work at..I enjoy working with people Frm guest to do worker,I'd learned so much in my years work in skytop
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
No days off
Dont bother
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PAJuly 1, 2016
This company hires overseas and takes jobs from americans. They ship them in by the dozens provide food housing and lower pay on site so they dont have to do the right thing and pay americans a good wage. Half of the management dosnt know what the other is doing is a cluster ..... they take money out of your pay for meals even if you do not eat. Your paycheck is never right. Constantly have to deal with accounting for discrepancies. Then they tell you two weeks they will fix it and then your missing more hours. Most people that have been there for years are leaving because of change. This used to be a good place to work. They say perks and you can use facilities but they are not all included. Pretty much use them on certain days or hours only. They cant keep locals and have burned bridges. Constantly a high turnover. You're dispensable because there is always another country to ship from. Dont do it you will regret it! Unless you want a free flight in and out of america or should I say a free way to get in and never leave. Ps tips are not yours to keep. They tack on gratuities to the bills and keep them. As well as server fees and bar fees. Its all kept in house. You dont see a penny. They will however tell you the opposite to lure you in.
Pros
housing if your homeless as 3 squares a day
Cons
high turnover overworked underpayed good luck with a day off
Tips tacked on to weddings and banquets do not go to severs or bartenders
Servers bartenders (Current Employee) –  Skytop paJune 12, 2016
The place is nice. Management is nice but unorganised. When first starting everything is all over the place. Perks cafeteria for workers. Downfalls..they hire out of country and expect to treat Americans the way they treat overseas employees. Owners or management tack on tips to big parties 18 percent but servers and bartenders do not see those gratuties. So people booking parties thing tips included but house gets it not thr bartenders or severs. They also charge a fee for service which employees do not see. Hourly wages only! They also do not allow tip jars out for parties so makes it hard to make anything extra.
Pros
Cafetria for employees and on site housing
Cons
Charges for gratuities for parties assessed but not given to employees and no tips jars allowed
Friendly place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PAMay 31, 2016
Friendly place, professional staff, in the Poconos, returning Family vacation spot, great for all ages with many things to do.
good place
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Skytop, PA 18357April 10, 2016
A great fun, family place to work! The managers are kind, and understanding. Also fun! You will have to work weekends and holidays... but you get to advance up the company ladder!
non fun work place,
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PAJuly 19, 2015
a typical day is like go to work there's five managers and three of them really don't know how to talk to there employees. when working you get breaks with certain managers depends on who team you on it don't matter if you take one or not they take money out your check for breaks. it's highly unorganized there's no kind of communication between management and employees.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
some days you get breaks and they take it out your check even if you don't get breaks
Steward (Current Employee) –  Skytop, PAJune 15, 2015
Don't know didn't work for them long
I learned to wash dishes correctly for the job
Management was ok
Didn't get to know my co-workers
Nothing was hard at this job
Don't know what was enjoyable was not there long
BANQUET WAITER (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PAFebruary 17, 2015
Management was great, easy to work with. The pay was great, I made $10 an hour just serving tables at parties. Worth it as a second job however, hours are not plentiful.
they have lots of extras ,a pool,hottub,skiing,ice-skating,hiking programs just to name a few.
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Skytop, PAJanuary 8, 2015
The new management is hard to take,they have fired many nice,hard
worker personel,I do not want to stay much longer.
Pros
food is pretty good
Cons
some breaks
No life
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Skytop, PAMay 15, 2014
You have no life when you work as a server! It is a lot of hours and you really never see anyone outside of work, especially in the summer. I worked 55 days in a row before having 1 shift off!!!!
Beautiful Place to Work
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Skytop, PAFebruary 20, 2014
Great property a very busy HR office. Wonderful employees to work with and get to know.
Beautiful
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Skytop PaOctober 24, 2013
Skytop is a great place to vacation at. It is also a great place to work at, not only is it beautiful but there is always something fun to do! The people that work there are great!
productive
CULINARY EXTERN (Former Employee) –  Skytop, PAOctober 18, 2013
I improved my knife skills and learned how to prepare platters. the hardest part of the job was standing and running around for long periods of times. I enjoyed the co-workers.
Pros
employee discounts on activities
Cons
paying for meals