SkyWest Airlines

SkyWest Airlines United States Employee Reviews

Great Benefits and Fun Environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee), Los AngelesApril 8, 2015
Great company to get started in the airline industry. Unfortunately there is not much room for growth as the company continues to downsize.
rapidly growing company
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 6, 2015
Pros: interaction with lots of different people and able to see many parts of the country. Free airfare.
Cons: Being away from home for long periods of time and the commute to and from work
I commute from DFW to my job in DEN. I am usually gone for at least a week, sometimes more. I love the job. I am not a fan of the commute.
Productive and fun work environment
Cross Utilized Agent, Manager (Former Employee), Gillette, WYApril 2, 2015
Most of my work days consisted of lifting and operating equipment required for the job. I learned a lot about the Airline industry and how well an effective team is safe and productive. I had amazing management and great co-workers who later became friends. The hardest part about this job was the split shifts throughout the day and the most enjoyable part about the job was the environment and the excitement of the business.
fast place to work
Airline Ticket Agent/Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXApril 1, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: weather
got pick up quick
and safty is always first
meet alot of great people and learn alot of great skills
over all great places to be
I've enjoyed it
Customer Service (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 29, 2015
Great and diverse group. I have enjoyed my time here and look forward to many more years. Variable schedule that is easy to work with
A day at skywest
Airport Ramp Agent (Current Employee), san Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: free flight benefite
Cons: management is poor
A day working at skywest airlines can be hard and easy. Loading planes, dealing with baggage, COMAT etc can be pretty heavy at times.
Traveling and on the GO!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2015
Taking care of passengers needs. Lots of travel and great benefits. Loved meeting new people and seeing new places. Wonderful job if you traveling.
Trainer/Curriculum Development Supervisor (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: compensation
Good work load great co-workers. Great flexibility with work. Hardest part was being part of a small department it was very hard to move up.
fun environment and no 2 days are the same
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 17, 2015
Pros: free travel and great benefits
Cons: gone from home 2-4 days at a time
meet with crew, brief, do security check of airplane, greet and service passengers, check in at hotel and do it all over again the next day.
Good job
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 7, 2015
They try their best to do as much as they can with who they have. Very tight knit and down for one another until your tardy points rack up, then you're out the door like a stranger.
I love the airport environment
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 6, 2015
One of the best jobs I had, It was constant work to do a exciting experience the only negative was the unpredictable weather conditions
GREAT PLACE TO WORK; MADE LOTS OF FRIENDS
Customer Service Supervisor / Manager (Former Employee), LAXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: flight benefits; able to work all over the u.s.
Cons: low pay
I really enjoyed working for this company; learned a lot about the industry and the advancement is possible.

I was able to travel for work purposes; and actually given opportunity to take on new responsibilities and learn new things.
management
A&P Line Mechanic (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2015
It is sad that when you disagree with a supervisor and are actually proven right that they will will be childish and put a note on your file that hurts any advancement. It is also sad that that one person is never ever questioned by higher management especially when you prove that individual is messing with your time card. in other words if the name Jim Mooney comes up run the other direction.
Great people to work with plus FREE travel
Ramp Supervisor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City UtahFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: free travel
Cons: not the best pay
Great place to work. I worked there from 2002-2007. Your hours are flexible, as you can trade your swift away to coworkers. You get to work with great people, all wile receiving free travel on multiple airlines.
Great company!
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2015
I've worked for Skywest for almost 10 years and love the flexibility, the travel benefits and the conservative way the business is run! It's wonderful to work with just one other person, to serve people, to have a varied schedule.
Not a very fun enviroment
mechanic (Former Employee), chicagoJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: free lunch, flight benefits, and they pay a litle better than some other airlines
Cons: stressful enviroment, managers like to rush people, a write up for anything, litle job security
I started in the company as an aircraft mechanic and I was very happy for the benefits they offered me but not for long. Its a very fast pace environment and on top of that the company it is not well organized causing people to make mistakes in paperwork all the time.
The company instead of fixing the disorganization the only thing they do it is to issue warnings and write ups for that stressing even more the mechanic. Some supervisors and specially at night can be really inconsiderate.
They like to send people to work on planes outside by themselves at a very cold temperature of sometimes minus 20F having space inside the hangar or having enough people seating around who could help.
Also, they like to threatened with firing or warnings employees for anything they feel angry about. Co-workers are nice but you see they are all scared and stressed out by the difficult environment.

I've seen managers rushing the mechanics directly on sensitive jobs that require time and any mistake could cause serious consequences. Job security you won't find it here. I believe some companies do not need a labor union but this one definitely does.
I enjoyed working with the best people in the world!
Customer service trainer (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: traveling benefits
Cons: never hving enough time off to use them
I loved going into work everyday, it was a very challenging job. There was never a day the same. I was taught that there is only one way to treat our passengers, to always give the best customer service. Our management team was the best. In the seven years that I worked for SkyWest, we were all family and keep in close contact with each other. Happy passengers.
Most unorganized company to work for
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: terrible coporate vision and management, horrible working conditions from break room to simple appreciations to hard working staff
This company has no respect for their employees. Lost both customer service and ramp agent contracts do to very poor management. Senior leadership only cared about their bonuses and avoided relationships with employees.
Work your youth away for no pay
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: flight benefits... when you can get on.
Cons: everything else
I worked as a flight attendant. The first 2 years you are their slave. They literally own you. The tell you where to live immediately after graduating the inflight program. You have 3 days to get to your new domicile and figure out where to live before they start working you to the bone. If it's the holidays, it's even worse. Be prepared to work around the clock due to delays and weather. You can work 4-7 days straight 12-20 hour days. No lie. And if the hours are "weather related," then are legally allowed to work you that long without overtime. Speaking of pay, whenever you are waiting in an airport or sitting in a hotel (sometimes for a day or 2), or sitting in the plane that's going nowhere, you are making per diem
($7.50/hour) ONLY. The hourly rate they advertise is only paid to you during "flight hours," meaning while you are in the sky.

Do not work here if you can avoid it. They care nothing for their employees. In the event of an emergency, such as my fractured knee (happened on the job, workers comp doctors disputed it. I was forced to miss 3 weeks, unpaid, without medical coverage) or your flight attendant roommate gets in a car accident (with a concussion, the dr advised me to watch her every hour that night to make sure she didn't die in her sleep)..... if you are lucky enough to get a crew support member who is kind when you call, what they are not telling you is "yes, you may drop this trip, but be prepared to be written up, and this stays on your record for 3 years.) You will be on probation for the first year at least, whether your behavior and attendance is – more... perfect or horrendous.

There will be days you don't eat, nights you don't sleep, and a lot of life lost in the process. You literally will have no personal life again, unless you don't mind missing a lot of work and being dead broke. Then again, the most I ever made after working there for 4 years was $21,000.... and that was working A LOT of trips and sacrificing my health (knee problems and migraines are common flight attendant maladies) and entire life (nights, holidays, weekends, relationships, etc). You will not be able to go to school, work another job, or maintain a relationship unless you live with the guy or he's a pilot... and watch out for them! Most of the time they're married and hooking up with many FA's.

Happy Flying!! You were warned. – less
Great bennys, bad leadership
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Pasco, WAJanuary 3, 2015
benefits are fantastic,

scheduling is done haphazardly. Done in a union system, but we are not union.

Co-workers are great

1 2 3 4 5

About SkyWest Airlines

SkyWest flies in every direction. The airline operates through three carriers: SkyWest Airlines, Atlantic Southeast Airlines (ASA), – Read more

SkyWest Airlines Salaries