SkyWest Airlines Employee Reviews

Perfect job for self directed and customer-directed person
Lead Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 6, 2017
With SkyWest Airlines, there is a lot of independent work and each day is different. There is also group coordination and team work involved at times, especially when working with other flight attendants.

It's the perfect environment for those who are customer focused, self directed, have strong leadership skills, and good communication skills. The culture is a family-like atmosphere, and management truly seems to care for the employees.

A typical day could be between one to about nine flights, totaling one to about 12 hours. You may have to work independently on the smaller jets as a flight attendant.
Pros
Great flight benefits
Cons
Sometimes adverse weather conditions and turbulence
An excellent familial type atmosphere
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 26, 2017
If you like routine, this isn't the job for you. If you enjoy costumer service, flexibility and surprises then you should apply right away. The most consistent component of working in aviation is change. You will need to be adaptable and open to all sorts of work environments and schedules.
SkyWest is a wonderful place to work because it strives to make the frustrating parts of the job more like minor inconveniences. SkyWest goes above and beyond when it comes to taking care of their employees.
Only downside to this job is that it upwards trajectory in the company is hardly performance driven and is almost solely based off of seniority within the company. Despite this and what some would say is not enough pay (keep in mind all the other flight benefits that we get and I'd say it's not unfair) the pros of the job far outweigh the cons as long as it fits your personality type.
Pros
Flexibility, travel, benefits.
Cons
Odd hours of operation, issues out of your control (weather, maintenance, etc.)
No two days are the same.
Cross-Utilized Agent (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 25, 2017
Cross-utilized agents do everything from greeting passengers at the door to loading the aircraft; a coworker describes it as doing everything except flying or fixing the planes.

Each day presents new problems and challenges, and time is never your friend, but I find little of the office-related quiet desperation I've felt in previous positions. In most cases, you have the power to correct problems on the spot.
Pros
Free flight benefits and discounts on hotels, meals, and car rentals.
Cons
Relatively low pay and no healthcare for part-time employees.
Great Staff Cool Benefits
Customer Service/Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 12, 2017
Had a great time, Hours were hard split days work but you and your family fly free... We went to Canada Panama and several cities in the U.S.A in a year. paid 30$ a round trip ticket to Toronto...
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Weird Hours
Great Worplace
Customer Service/Sales/Training (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 10, 2017
Loved working for the airline industry I could have still been working there if the station would have still ben operating for United Airlines. Skywest ground handled for UNited and lost the contract bid to Delta Airlines. Best environment ever and you get a great satisfaction of what you do and how you help people with the travels. Good stress, fast-paced at moments and then relaxed at others. Benefits are great and paid time off is based on the amount of hours you work per week (PTO) rated at a percentage of time work and sick time as well. Some people accumuulate so much time off that they can take up-to 30 days or longer. WOrk culture is awsome!! lots of things to encourage a positive environment and potential for career advancement.
Pros
Great benefit and travel opportunities
Cons
long hours in many days and hard work
Teamwork
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 8, 2017
The flying benefits were the best part of this job. The workplace culture was Work Hard and Play Hard Together. The weather can harsh and make things rough.
Pros
Co-Workers
Fun and fair
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2017
SkyWest was a good place to work. They are not protected by a union so if you run into any problems, you will not have representation. That is the only thing that I can say I disliked about the company.
I enjoyed my 10+ years at SkyWest.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAOctober 30, 2017
Left when my husband and I were unable to juggle schedules with kids any longer. Enjoyed the work, both inside and outside. (Customer service and ramp). Enjoyed the people I worked with and benefits of reduced cost flying.
Skywest Airlines
Cross Utilized Agent (Current Employee) –  North Bend, OROctober 26, 2017
Skywest is a blast to work for you are constantly learning something new. It can be challenging somedays but it is rewarding as well. I absolutely love being able to meet new people all the time!
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
short hours
great starter career
Lead Instructor/Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTOctober 26, 2017
If you are just breaking into the airline industry, then this is the company for you. SkyWest is a slow pace airline that allows you to catch onto the industry and what it offers.
Love my job
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 23, 2017
I love my job as a ramp agent. I would only look for a new job because the pay is just to small. The benefits are great, but there's really no chance for advancement if you don't want to move.
Flight Benefits are amazing
Cross Utilized Agent (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTOctober 20, 2017
Fast paced environment with a variety of things to do
Learned how to interact with the public in a positive professional way
Management are over worked
Fun environment to work
Hardest part of the job is working with upset passengers
Travel is the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Travel
Cons
lack of support
good coworers
Accessory shop supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 10, 2017
the job itself was a god job but i was looking for something to pay a little more and that when i got the opportunity to work for the united states post office
fast paced and exciting
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTOctober 4, 2017
On the job a lot in a very busy yet rewarding position dealing with people and traveling. Met hundreds of multi cultured travelers on flights. Seeing new places was very rewarding.
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
no breaks
Met great people there but one of the worst companies ever
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 2, 2017
This was a company a lot of people spent years at and in the end they were messed over. Compensations were taken away from the employees in Los Angeles and all over the company at a time where you needed to make more but money was being taken from us and we were given more work and in the end the company folded. This is also a company where upper management would Express their raises in cash while their employees were getting more work and less pay
It was fun
Supervisor/Cross Utilization Agent (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, OR 97603September 30, 2017
The atmosphere was good there. The employees were fun to work with.
When they switched systems they were thorough in their training and made it understandable.
Pros
flight benefits
Drama
Application (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 28, 2017
Dramatic company! nothing good about it. the headquarters of company in the states of dramatic states, in dispositions of uncomfortable environment keep it real.
fun work place
Shipping and Recieving (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 25, 2017
it was an amazing job so many wonderful experience I'm glad I got a chance to be part of their team amazing work member very comfortable work place great energy so many good memories at this place defiantly a experience I wont forget .
not a good plce
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 24, 2017
poor management not fair, favoritism, a lot of supervisors will just take care of there friends in all ways hours, Overtime pay and schedule really bad place to work.
Good People
Captain (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UT (based in Salt Lake City, Utah)September 13, 2017
Scheduled airline, and every airline has it's ups and downs. :D Rather hard to describe to non-airline folks, but good people and relatively good compensation.

As a pilot I was not there for the money expressly. Over all a great job and avocation.
Pros
Airplanes, got to see a lot of places
Cons
Too much time at times in bad locations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SkyWest Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.