Skyworks Solutions Employee Reviews

internship project
Process Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 14, 2017
I worked with just one group, and I helped them map out a manufacturing process. They were nice people and gave me room to try new things. I always wondered what it would be like to work there full time.
you'll be glad when your 12 hours are done
Wafer Fabrication Operator (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAMay 11, 2017
This place is trying to make itself Intel Jr. I ran 3 tools that metallized wafers made of silicon and GaAS. Sputtering was a new skill that I had never done before and for that I am thankful of the new skill. However the management team didn't seem to talk to each other and I'd get different instructions on what to run. I felt micromanaged to death.
Pros
the people i worked with
Cons
too many chiefs, not enough indians
Good company
Distribution/Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAApril 13, 2017
Skyworks is a great company to work for in terms of compensation and advancement opportunities, but they do not have a very good work/life balance program.
fast-paced,challeninge work
Design and Validation Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAApril 10, 2017
The team i worked with is fast-paced and willing to take responsibilities for their actions. People are helpful and one gets to work on recent design as an intern
Advanced completions
Marketing Product Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 10, 2017
Provided Customer and Product Marketing Management for multi-million dollar international cellular telecommunications systems and device developments. Included cross-functional strategic planning leadership for device and system sales, resulting in customer satisfaction for over 20 Chinese, Korean, Taiwanese, Spanish and Italian customer developments such as Samsung Wireless.
• Defined, tracked and insured $25M dollar quarterly revenue goals for state of the art cellular system devices, supporting international cellular product sales and customer business goals.
• Completed international cellular systems proposals and contracts, customer due diligence, presentations and pricing negotiations, resulting in an international customer base supporting $100M in annual sales and over one million annual international shipments.
Fast moving culture company
Senior manager, Program management (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 12, 2017
SWKS has been very successful to meet the tier one mobile OEM customers requirements in a very timely manner. It has very demand management but people are hardworking and stock price price has been shooting up which keeps employees detained.
Pros
Good stock price
Cons
demanding
fun place to work with ping pong table, fruits and snacks
Senior Physical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 15, 2017
This is a fast growing company with dynamic work environment. The company is profitable. The company has a strong management team and a talent pool of engineers.
Pros
good place for young engineers
Cons
benefit is not as good as some other IT companies
Energetic work place
Design, Test, and Automation Engineering intern (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAFebruary 2, 2017
Skyworks is a very energetic, enthusiastic work environment. All employees share the same goal of completing projects and getting them to the customer. Work is challenging but rewarding.
Great company
Wafer Fab Operator (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 6, 2017
Great work experience, days, hours, and team members!
Pleasure working there everyday. Challenging and great growth potential.
Terrible company to work for
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MADecember 21, 2016
the Woburn facility is not managed well. they refuse to spend money on automation to reduce scrap. Lots of incompetent people in multiple positions of authority
Pros
Cons
pay is less than industry standard

Want to know more about Skyworks Solutions?

Ask a question
good place to work
Wafer Technician (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MADecember 12, 2016
Good place to work with some pros and cons, excellent coworkers, you don't have any holidays off, you have to requested and most of the time you don't get it, you have sick time but if you use it you get a point against you, after 7 points you are out
Pros
job stability
Cons
management
Demand hard working but can get good benefit
Sr. Application Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 24, 2016
The culture of Skyworks is always push its employee to the limit but provide good benefit through stock option, so when stock price is increased it can reward well.
Pros
Agressive management, hard work
Cons
good reward especially when the stock price is increasing
Outstanding Organization
Intern, Device Verification Testing (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 28, 2016
Great work environment with some of the best and brightest in industry. Management is caring and creates creative work environment. Direct supervisors take a hands on approach to instruction.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Very few openings
Typical day at work
Wafer Fab Operator (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAApril 20, 2016
Always work to do from start to end. Good co-workers that will help you when you need them. Learned a lot about wafers and the process needed to get it to the right requirements.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Overall great company to work for
Manufacturing Lead (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAApril 18, 2016
High paced manufacturing environment. Twelve hour shifts, so you get overtime every shift. They provide great benefits. I was satisfied with my time there.
unsatisfying job
Fabrication Technician (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 23, 2016
the company has horrible management . you have to wear suit. work 12 hours a day . Not being treated fairly. you would have to stand all day .
Fun workplace
Equipment Engineer IV (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 12, 2016
Great atmosphere, co-workers, management. Average day consists of learning and maintaining semiconductor equipment. Lots of opportunities to advance. Great work-life balance.
very productive and great co workers , Bad management and unfair treatment to employees
Fabrication Technician (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 11, 2016
I myself love the job. I love everyone there, we help each other no matter what. Basically the shift itself, we bond like a family. Every time anyone has trouble with something, there's always someone there to help. The only downfall is the management itself. They do not acknowledge how much effort the employees put in to reach their daily goals. They push and push and never see that we all work hard. The only thing that would come to their attention is when something goes wrong. No appreciation whatsoever not even a thank you. Very disrespectful at times, no one says anything because people have families to take care of.
great hours and great days off
Fabricator technician (Current Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAMarch 4, 2016
I love it. I love the overtime and I love my days off. I love the production of always being busy. I love the flexibility with this company when I want the days off.
Productive and comfortable environment.
RF Design/Validation Engineer Internship (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAJanuary 31, 2016
You are given a deadline, and it is your job to make sure you are keeping up with the tests and data by the deadline. Management is very helpful and friendly. It is a relaxing work culture, where nobody is constantly pressuring you as long as your work is complete.
Pros
Free lunches during meetings, wonderful work culture, they really value their employees.
Cons
Traffic always going home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skyworks Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.