Skyworks Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

very productive and great co workers , Bad management and unfair treatment to employees
Fabrication Technician (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 11, 2016
I myself love the job. I love everyone there, we help each other no matter what. Basically the shift itself, we bond like a family. Every time anyone has trouble with something, there's always someone there to help. The only downfall is the management itself. They do not acknowledge how much effort the employees put in to reach their daily goals. They push and push and never see that we all work hard. The only thing that would come to their attention is when something goes wrong. No appreciation whatsoever not even a thank you. Very disrespectful at times, no one says anything because people have families to take care of.
Productive and comfortable environment.
RF Design/Validation Engineer Internship (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAJanuary 31, 2016
You are given a deadline, and it is your job to make sure you are keeping up with the tests and data by the deadline. Management is very helpful and friendly. It is a relaxing work culture, where nobody is constantly pressuring you as long as your work is complete.
Pros
Free lunches during meetings, wonderful work culture, they really value their employees.
Cons
Traffic always going home.
Typical day at work
Wafer Fab Operator (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAApril 20, 2016
Always work to do from start to end. Good co-workers that will help you when you need them. Learned a lot about wafers and the process needed to get it to the right requirements.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Limited understanding of day to day actives from upper management.
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 7, 2015
Skyworks is a very technically strong company. With both strong applications engineers for customer design-in and marketing for and product definition and product management.
Unfortunately, upper management is unaware of the day to day activities from both the applications and marketing engineers which in turn causes a lot of micro managing of activities and/or mis-managing of wrong product portfolios.
Pros
Strong engineering environment, #1 in the marketing
Cons
Upper management does review all product decisions carefully
Overall great company to work for
Manufacturing Lead (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAApril 18, 2016
High paced manufacturing environment. Twelve hour shifts, so you get overtime every shift. They provide great benefits. I was satisfied with my time there.
great hours and great days off
Fabricator technician (Current Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAMarch 4, 2016
I love it. I love the overtime and I love my days off. I love the production of always being busy. I love the flexibility with this company when I want the days off.
unsatisfying job
Fabrication Technician (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 23, 2016
the company has horrible management . you have to wear suit. work 12 hours a day . Not being treated fairly. you would have to stand all day .
Very good company to work
Software Tools Developer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 14, 2015
It's a very good company to work. Environment is always friendly and co-workers always ready to help. Company support the employee and provide all the resources need it to perform a better job.
Management needs improvement
Wafer Fab Technician (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAAugust 4, 2015
Most employees are great and are willing to give a helping hand. The work can be overwhelming and stressful. Management needs better communication. They tell you "quality over quantity" to help ease the stress yet constantly pushes for quantity.
Pros
paid breaks
A good place to wok.
Fabrication Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MASeptember 14, 2015
A typical day at Skyworks is busy. I have learned to manage my time and improve my skills in order to perform the work required. I have worked with some really nice people there.
Great co-workers, technology and facilities
Engineer (Current Employee) –  MexicoAugust 18, 2015
The company has a lot of technology in it so it's fun to work with new machines and equipment. Co-workers are great and some managment members. The salary overall is not good.
fun workplace and booming industry
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJuly 3, 2015
Good atmosphere, good employees, people working together in teams to enhance product efficiency. Plenty of availability for career advancement. Hard working in cubicle by myself programming for 8 hours a day.
productive, always busy
Fabrication Technician Lv (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAJune 12, 2013
A typical day at work would be gowning up in suits for cleanroom area that I work in. Working in assembly line and getting certified in many areas was a great experience. Management was great due to the fact that employees get rewarded bonuses for completing monthly output goals. Co-workers were great, had a good sense of humor and hard working. Hardest part of the job would have to be when our lead calls in sick and i am 2nd lead. Being in charge of production on our shift was tough but it made the day go by faster
Pros
great benefits and management
Cons
long shifts
Great job and pay but long hard hours with questionable security.
Design Engineering Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 7, 2013
Great people at my Design Center work was fun but hard.

Learned many thing in the design of MMIC PA's from manual set-up to working and tuning 2G, 3G and 4G bands.

Local management was great, but the overall corporate management is the same and only worried about the bottom line and not loyal to employee who are doing good work.
Pros
great pay, lots of intelligent engineers to learn from and grow yourself personnally.
Cons
company was created from a merger many years ago, and those entities seem to still be separated.
Decent place to work
LEAD LAYOUT DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 14, 2013
I have extensive use of Cadence, Virtuoso XL, as well as other CAD related tools. I have a strong understanding of DRC Matching, Latchup and LVS rules and guidelines, as well as, a strong reputation for getting things done correctly and on time, as the charts I create for each project demonstrate. I also created methodology documents for project creation and tape out procedures.
Screening resumes, interviewing and mentoring new Layout Designers is another task I have been handling for the last 5 years.
Challenging and rewarding
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CASeptember 10, 2012
During my time at Skyworks I have been privileged to have gained so much knowledge thanks to the Facilities department that promotes higher learning and encourages its employees to input their expertise to contribute to solving problems that come up on a day to day basis.
Pros
freedom to learn anything i wanted to help me grow in the company
Cons
long hours i worked nights
Productive and fun workplace with Ping Pong table!
Test Technician V (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 9, 2013
Where else can you get a balance of hard work and playing table tennis along with Pizza Fridays for the appreciation of employment!
Pros
pizza friday
Cons
filtered water to drink as opposed to bottled or delivered water.
Great learning atmosphere
Electrical Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 30, 2014
Great place to work where everyone's opinion matters.Everyone was very helpful and served a different purpose.Very upbeat place.
Pros
lots of company bonding
supportive team spirited
Wafer Fabrication Operator IV (Former Employee) –  maSeptember 27, 2012
supervisors are very supportive of individual and team goals
co workers well informed of goals and encouraged to work together
Pros
schedule lots of days off
Cons
schedule have to work some holidays
Good pay,good training
ASML align/developer systems (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAFebruary 4, 2014
Favorites abound. Sell your soul & do not dare speak up or speak
against management. This job is for minorities/yesmen & yeswomen
Pros
nice and busy...lots of employees are nice
Cons
comunistic rule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skyworks Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2