Skyworks Solutions Employee Reviews

Very good company to work
Software Tools Developer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 14, 2015
It's a very good company to work. Environment is always friendly and co-workers always ready to help. Company support the employee and provide all the resources need it to perform a better job.
Limited understanding of day to day actives from upper management.
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 7, 2015
Skyworks is a very technically strong company. With both strong applications engineers for customer design-in and marketing for and product definition and product management.
Unfortunately, upper management is unaware of the day to day activities from both the applications and marketing engineers which in turn causes a lot of micro managing of activities and/or mis-managing of wrong product portfolios.
Pros
Strong engineering environment, #1 in the marketing
Cons
Upper management does review all product decisions carefully
A good place to wok.
Fabrication Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MASeptember 14, 2015
A typical day at Skyworks is busy. I have learned to manage my time and improve my skills in order to perform the work required. I have worked with some really nice people there.
Great co-workers, technology and facilities
Engineer (Current Employee) –  MexicoAugust 18, 2015
The company has a lot of technology in it so it's fun to work with new machines and equipment. Co-workers are great and some managment members. The salary overall is not good.
Management needs improvement
Wafer Fab Technician (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAAugust 4, 2015
Most employees are great and are willing to give a helping hand. The work can be overwhelming and stressful. Management needs better communication. They tell you "quality over quantity" to help ease the stress yet constantly pushes for quantity.
Pros
paid breaks
fun workplace and booming industry
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJuly 3, 2015
Good atmosphere, good employees, people working together in teams to enhance product efficiency. Plenty of availability for career advancement. Hard working in cubicle by myself programming for 8 hours a day.
Good company with wonderful people
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MASeptember 28, 2014
Skyworks is a great company full of knowledgeable people. Senior management is second to none.
Skyworks is a good place to work
Senior Engineering Technician / Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 18, 2014
working environment is very good.
Pay scale is very compatitve
fast-paced work environment
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAJuly 9, 2014
In the morning I would come in and get the pass down from the night shift of what tools are working and what the work load was like the night before. Then I checked the tools to make sure they had all their chemicals filled and were ready to go. I would spend the rest of my day loading and unloading tools with product and organizing the product so that the proper layers were done in a timely manner.

I learned a lot about semi-conductors and how to build them from a blank Gallium Arsenic wafer slate. I also learned how to deal with difficult co-workers who were unreliable.

Management was very strict, and tried to limit talking throughout the day. They were unaware of what was happening on the floor and just demanded results without seeing the whole picture.

My co-workers that had been there for years seemed jaded by the company and didn't care about working efficiently, causing a lot of friction with the newer employees who were still fresh faced and ready to work.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the lack of proper management, and being pushed to reach impossible productivity goals.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the few hard-working co-workers that made the 12 hour shifts bearable and sometimes even fun.
Pros
bonus gift cards when production goals met.
Great learning atmosphere
Electrical Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 30, 2014
Great place to work where everyone's opinion matters.Everyone was very helpful and served a different purpose.Very upbeat place.
Pros
lots of company bonding
good place to work
EQUIPMENT ENGINEERING (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAMarch 23, 2014
I enjoy working here, not exactly what I was looking for the work environment
Pros
great team work
Cons
freedom wasn't there
Good place to work and learn new things
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 17, 2014
All the co-workers are very help full. Co-workers from different department help you out. Great place to work, learn, explore and get hands on experience on the new machines.
Great company with many career advancements.
Sr. Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 10, 2014
-Relaxed environment
-Employees easy to get along with
-Management style relaxed
Good pay,good training
ASML align/developer systems (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAFebruary 4, 2014
Favorites abound. Sell your soul & do not dare speak up or speak
against management. This job is for minorities/yesmen & yeswomen
Pros
nice and busy...lots of employees are nice
Cons
comunistic rule
Great Place to work.
Metals Lead Fabrication Technician (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAJanuary 9, 2014
Had a lot of room for advancement. Great hours and management was always ready to help.
was only a temp intern
Co-Op/Intern (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAAugust 13, 2013
seamed ok, used intern as cheap labor. nothing that great. really really really really don't know anything else
It was fun working in all those companies
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAJuly 30, 2013
we learned lot of things for the betterment of business and for the store,It was fun working with co-workers
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
short break and health benifets
productive, always busy
Fabrication Technician Lv (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAJune 12, 2013
A typical day at work would be gowning up in suits for cleanroom area that I work in. Working in assembly line and getting certified in many areas was a great experience. Management was great due to the fact that employees get rewarded bonuses for completing monthly output goals. Co-workers were great, had a good sense of humor and hard working. Hardest part of the job would have to be when our lead calls in sick and i am 2nd lead. Being in charge of production on our shift was tough but it made the day go by faster
Pros
great benefits and management
Cons
long shifts
Productive and fun workplace with Ping Pong table!
Test Technician V (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 9, 2013
Where else can you get a balance of hard work and playing table tennis along with Pizza Fridays for the appreciation of employment!
Pros
pizza friday
Cons
filtered water to drink as opposed to bottled or delivered water.
Decent place to work
LEAD LAYOUT DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 14, 2013
I have extensive use of Cadence, Virtuoso XL, as well as other CAD related tools. I have a strong understanding of DRC Matching, Latchup and LVS rules and guidelines, as well as, a strong reputation for getting things done correctly and on time, as the charts I create for each project demonstrate. I also created methodology documents for project creation and tape out procedures.
Screening resumes, interviewing and mentoring new Layout Designers is another task I have been handling for the last 5 years.

4.3