SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory

SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory Employee Reviews

Workplace is very welcoming.
Administrative Associate (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: promoting within
Stanford University is a beautiful place to work. Benefits are excellent. The company is very diverse and it was enjoyable working with other people from around the globe.
Fun workplace, helpful people and efficient management
Staff Scientist (Current Employee), Menlo Park, CAJune 27, 2014
My typical day at work includes both office work ad experimental hands-ons. Learned a lot during my past four years here and enjoyed it! People are in general easy-going, proficient, and helpful here. The hardest part of my job is the flexible and sometimes unpredictable work hours.
We have a big gym which include basket ball court, badminton court, weight benches, and trealmill. We can acccess 24/7 with our badges.
S&E Associate Coordinator (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: it's have a good excellent benifit package.
Cons: our jobs are depending on the government funding.
It is a good environment to come to work everyday. I've learned new things which the physicists had discovered during their experiences such as new atoms. My co-workers are very friendly. We have gone out for lunch and talked about our social life. We have had a big gym in the lab. We can sign up for exercise classes or do on our own time during break, lunch, or after work. The hard part of the job is the funding from the government. If the DOE will not give us enough funding there will be some laid off. Over all, it is a nice place to work.
It was very interesting and complicate work
Electronics Engineer (Former Employee), Stanford, CAAugust 13, 2013
It were many interesting projects. The team work was very fruitful, people were friendly and supportive.
It was good time!
Intellectually stimulating place
Project Manager (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAApril 3, 2012
Pros: you get stanford university benefits
Cons: job security depends on federal funding
I Enjoyed working there; people are nice and mostly cooperative. It has a decent benefits package. Commute to work is not difficult. For most of the positions, hours are flexible.