SLAIT Consulting Employee Reviews

Great Company
Service Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 20, 2015
Great company - cares about their employees and family. Company is always growing and you will grow with it.
If you work hard, it will pay off!
Great Start
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 8, 2015
For a Service Desk Analyst:
A typical day at work : Good. Calls might be a lot but that is what the job is for. But this is not a typical call center environment. You get to relax more.

What you learned: PC troubleshooting and basic Service Desk job.

Management. Good so far. Not familiar with other department but I have not heard anything awful about it. Service Desk management is good.

Co-workers: Everyone work as a team. Some may slack

Hardest part: Taking too much calls, but depends what account you have. But then again, its the job.

Enjoyable: Boss cook breakfast for the team sometime, co-workers help when needed, Co-workers buy donut ever Friday. Company treats employee with respect. Lots of freebies in terms of food. Grandiose Christmas party
Pros
great start and great job
Cons
healthcare is expensive
Great Place to work
IT Manager/Software Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 11, 2015
SLAIT is a great place. They provide a good work life balance and truly care about their employees.
laid back work environment and friendly staff
Assisting local (Current Employee) –  Virginia BeachAugust 19, 2014
laid back work environment and friendly staff, love working here.
Pros
friendly staff, and great work environment.
Cons
not alot of room for advancement
Managing various projects and troubleshooting various environments.
Project Manager/Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 9, 2014
Server health checks.
Project Managemens.
Troubleshooting various applications with virtual production environments.
Project team lead for Help Desk Knowledge based solutions.
Talent Management GURU
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 27, 2013
I have years of experience in Talent Management and have a passion for working with people. It's the Human part that I enjoy the most Human Resources.
Great Placement Company
Active Directory Administrator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 23, 2013
This is a placement company. I was placed with a reputable company where I had the opportunity to work with great people. Management was pleasant and the communication between the Company, SLAIT, and myself were pleasant.
Where there is smoke ... Tread Carefully
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hampton RoadsMay 22, 2013
SLAIT Consulting appears to be a company that can truly provide the best IT staffing and engineering support in the Hampton Roads area, however that is "smoking mirrors". As someone stated, where there is smoke ....

Truth is many of the engineers to include management are inept at their job. SLAIT/Management will send out unqualified engineers at a premium price tag. So as a client you end up paying a hefty bill for sub-par work.

Management really should not even be called management. Really the only time they "manage" anything is how to take money from you or side step issues that need to be addressed.

This company is seriously lacking leadership from top to bottom, but excelled in the unethical practices for some time now. Please do not take this write up as gospel, do some google searches and you will find that many clients state the same thing.

Be warned if you are someone that is looking for employment from this company or if you are a potential client doing research. You stand a better chance not getting taken advantage of in prison than dealing with this company. Please watch you 6 and tread carefully!

Comment – June 19, 2013

I couldn't agree more with your assessment. I did do my research and came across several negative comments to the unethical practices and the outright robbery this company offers. Still, I moved forward with offering them some work and in the end it was a huge mistake. The company still tried to push the overtime bill on me even though they were the culprit of the problem. I read one article on this company and I quote "The most unethical business you've ever heard of. If your conduct business with this company you better have legal counsel on speed dial". I should have recognized the warnings and everyone's advice. If you are a company that is looking to do business with them, my advice is to find another company in the area. You will get twice the expertise at half the cost and a much better result.

Contract
Security Admin/Account Admin (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 21, 2013
Although I spent a short time with Slait Consulting, they are always available to answer questions, and they work for you.
Pros
strong company values
Cons
none that i can think of
Beware of Slait Consulting...
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAFebruary 13, 2013
This company is the most unethical company you've never heard of. Not only will they have you move across the country for a job, but they will also pull the rug out from under you once you have arrived..and then not return your phone calls. Bravo Slait Consulting. Consider yourself warned.
Excellent working environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 12, 2013
Working with a great group of people at Amerigroup. Helped managed and merge documents and project plans with the integration of another comapny.
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 5, 2012
Consultant Amerigroup working with SQL in healthcare industry.
Cons
not enough contact from slait
Productive and fun workplace
Help Desk Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 30, 2012
A typical day at work is helping clients with their IT needs. I learned that people are a lot more patient if you ask for their permission to assist them. The management that I work under are great and really fit and understand their roles. My co workers are great and are always willing to help. The hardest part about the job is calming down an already frustrated client and learning the proccedures for each client because they are all different. The most enjoyable part of the job is resolving an issue on the first call and having the client show gratitude.
Pros
hour lunch and kitchen in break room, basketball court and outside sitting area
your experience depends on the client site
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 17, 2012
overall, i love my job; however, your experience with the company differs according to your assignment.