Slalom, LLC (d/b/a Slalom Consulting, Versa, mLevel and Two Degrees) is a business, technology and financial consulting firm that delivers solutions through a national network of local offices across North America. We are headquartered in Seattle and operate offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Hartford, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Portland and San Francisco. In addition to local offices, we have a Virtual Services organization of centralized community-based teams that provide select services to clients in U.S. markets where the company does not yet have a physical office.
Slalom, LLC is hiring an experienced developer who will be responsible for both application and database development. The role will be responsible for improving internal business systems and tools for Slalom, LLC including projects related to ASP.NET development, SharePoint development, mobile development, database development, and reporting development. The individual in this role will develop a strong working relationship with internal leadership as well as the business, finance, accounting, and human resources teams. A successful candidate will be hands on and have the desire to help in all areas of Information Technology. He/she will have the ability to work in a strong team oriented environment.
This position reports to the Development Manager.
- Develop and maintain software applications written in a range of languages (e.g. C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, etc.) on a range of platforms (e.g. IIS, SharePoint, Windows, SQL, etc.) as well as troubleshoot/resolve technical problems to ensure minimal disruption to the business
- Support existing applications and identify/recommend enhancement opportunities, as warranted
- Work with project management, the business units and technical resources as necessary to achieve the appropriate and desired solution for the business
- Collaborate extensively with project team members
- Communicate effectively with internal teams to deliver functional requirements like screen, interface, and user interface designs
- Analyze data to determine modifications needed to procedures, processes and practices
- Provide analytical support during application design
- Develop technology requirements regarding new business operations, new technology, business process changes, and external vendor support.
- Advocate for projects and customer needs throughout project lifecycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft .NET development tools (C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, AJAX and AJAX Control Toolkits, JQuery, Visual Studio 2010/2012, XML, XSD, CSS, IIS)
- Experience in developing applications using SharePoint 2010
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2005/2008, writing Ad-Hoc queries, Transactional Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views
- Experience in developing applications using .NET Web Services and.NET Membership/Role authentication with MS SQL 2005/2008.
- Proven track record of developing and delivering quality software applications that address business needs and deliver a positive ROI.
- Demonstrated experience in developing the implementation of technical solutions in cooperation with business customers. Using project management methodology in the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience in roles requiring strong technical writing skills to develop comprehensive specifications and documentation for business and software functionality
- Manage work on multiple projects against a series of interdependent milestones, resources and technological constraints working with project teams who may have conflicting priorities and assignments
- Design and execute test scripts and test scenarios
- Lead testing efforts and coordinate with business users who test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software
- Train end users and other support staff
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong conflict/problem resolution skills
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Strong technical skills in Word, Excel, Visio
- Works well within a team environment and individually
- Works with a sense of urgency without sacrificing quality or accuracy
- Excellent business and employee customer service skills
- Maintains professional composure at all times
- Maintains energetic and positive attitude
- Respond creatively to issues, change and high growth
- Generate enthusiasm among team members
- Demonstrated success working in cross-functional teams in a dynamic organization requiring flexibility, patience, creativity, and the ability to adjust work style to match audience for unique business solutions and changing and/or conflicting priorities
- Experience in a role requiring exceptional oral and written communication skills on complex technical issues to a broad, diverse audience.
- Experience in a self-directed work environment
- Demonstrated ability to research and resolve problems using a variety of resources and tools
- Degree in business, computer and information science, related subject area, or equivalent work experience
This position is a “hands on” position that will require an aggressive, lean approach, positive attitude, and a good sense of humor.
Indeed - 2 years ago