Slalom, LLC is a Seattle-based, high level business management, information technology and finance & accounting consulting firm established in 1993, and does business as Slalom Consulting, Two Degrees and Xversity. Slalom, LLC currently has offices in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Palo Alto, Los Angeles, Denver, Phoenix, Dallas, Chicago, New York, Boston, and Atlanta.
Slalom, LLC is hiring a Sr. Human Resources Generalist, based in New York, NY, who will be a consultant and service provider on employee relations, training and development, employee satisfaction strategies, and all other related HR functions The individual in this role will develop a strong working relationship with internal leadership and consult appropriately. A successful candidate will be hands on and have the desire to help in all areas of Human Resources. He/she will have the ability to work in a strong team oriented environment.
- Partners to and acts upon coaching opportunities with leaders, managers and employees.
- Implements and drives HR Programs.
- Provides guidance and coaching to all levels of managers in addressing complex performance issues and preparing effective corrective action documents, and termination documentation, as necessary. Provide training to managers and employees as needed.
- Clearly understands the client business, mission, challenges, business initiatives and business model. Consults with senior management to influence and facilitate the development of their organizational priorities and related change initiatives.
- Monitors and analyzes employee relations data and recommends appropriate intervention/training.
- Complies with all existing governmental and labor laws.
- Partners with HR Manager to identify major problems and build effective solutions.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Supports HR Manager with special projects.
- Conducts exit interviews. Requirements
- 5-7 years of directly applicable HR work experience
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Human Resources
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Experience working in a Professional Services Company preferred
- Ability to work in a professional environment and handle confidential information
- Ability to travel on an as needed basis
- Demonstrated competence in organizational development, coaching, compensation and employee relations.
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity, recognize trends, and identify systemic approaches to solving problems in this fast moving, constantly changing environment is imperative.
- Experience working with managers and multi-client groups required.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of: business acumen, consulting, analysis, project management, communication, presentation, negotiation and conflict management, and problem solving while working within a matrix environment.