Slalom Consulting brings together business and technology expertise to help companies drive enterprise performance, accelerate innovation, enhance the customer experience, and increase employee productivity. The firm delivers award-winning solutions in areas such as organizational effectiveness, business intelligence, custom development, mobility, and cloud through a national network of local offices across 11 North American cities.
The Slalom Custom Development Team is looking for experienced Java consultants that are passionate about their clients and dedicated to delivering high quality solutions in a fun and constructive environment working with some of the most dynamic and exciting companies in the Dallas area. No unwanted travel.
The ideal candidate is invigorated by new challenges, seeks out new learning opportunities, leads from the front, challenges the status quo and builds other team members through technical and professional coaching.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 8 years post-higher education relevant work experience in application development
- 5+ years of experience in designing and developing enterprise J2EE applications
- 2+ years of project management experience (milestone and status responsibilities)
- 2+ years technical analyst experience writing technical documents and end user documentation
- Experience with developing/implementing web applications built on J2EE technologies
- Experience with architecting/implementing applications leveraging the LAMP stack (Linux/UNIX, Apache, MySql, PHP/Java,etc.)
- Experience with implementing applications with SOA and MVC architectures
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies
- Experience with XML technologies XPath, XQuery, XSLT and XML schemas
- Experience with J2EE technologies JSF, JSP
- Experience with developing in Java frameworks Spring, Struts, Hibernate, Apache (Axis, Xerces, etc.) and JDOM
- Experience with developing and implementing across LINUX/UNIX and Windows server operating systems
- Experience with leading small development teams through everyday project tasks
- Experience with collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project
- Ability to think and speak at a high level while able to work deep in code
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and apply the gained knowledge to address business problems
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design techniques
- Ability to think critically and solve problems with well thought out solutions
- Proven ability to learn and implement new technologies efficiently and effectively
- Proven perseverance in driving a project or an issue through to completion and obtaining the intended result
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in environment, priorities and requirements
Learn more about Slalom and the work we do at *www.slalom.com* and come join a fun, fast growing consultancy with a strong culture and growth opportunities.
Indeed - 19 months ago