Interested in conceiving and creating the next generation digital magazine?
Slate is looking for an organized, entrepreneurially-minded person to manage the day-to-day development of software-related projects and lead technical initiatives from start to finish. This role will require a unique candidate who can combine project management organizational skills with a product manager’s talent for understanding of how people engage with news and information in a social, mobile world. It is also an added value if this candidate can thrive in a high email traffic environment, being able to prioritize what needs to be responded to in a critical fashion in a helpful and reliable way. You'll need to move fast, be bold, take risks, and find the right balance of art and science.
This is a big challenge that comes with the chance to have big impact on a small, entrepreneurial team.You'll work with some of the smartest people in the media and technology world.
- Lead daily scrum meetings and weekly senior staff priorities meetings
- Develop relationships across the company to ensure all priorities are being backlogged and subsequently prioritized based on company goals
- Ability to balance managing medium to long-term projects while handling the occasional fire-drill and small project needs
- Lead projects in a transparent and productive way, applying standard project management practices
- Manage weekly deployments including leading quality assurance efforts
- Lead the ideation, technical development and launch of web and native applications for mobile devices
- Work across the company to build enthusiasm for products leading up to execution
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers, editors, and designers
- ntegrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
*2 - 4 years of Project Management experience
*Experience working closely with software engineers
*Deep understanding of the digital user experience (e.g. technology, personalization, user behavior)
*Great design sensibility around how to take complex systems and turn them into simple, compelling experiences
*Passion for media
*Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
*Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications and/or media products
*Ability to create examples through wireframes and mockups
*Experience developing social products, technologies and platforms is strongly desired