Slate Employee Reviews in United States

Very Fast paced , organized, and you needed to have good control skills.
crew member (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2016
I worked at a camp helping children work on a christian play that they had to perform at the end of the summer. I came in to work everyday of the week for about 4 weeks for the summer.
customer services
Janitor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2015
I was doing janitor work and so this was also a short term summer job that lasted a month while school age children was not going and my job was prepare it for them so when they do come back they will have a clean school building. I gain experience for employment from this job, bot to much that I was doing are had to do but a not simply summer job.
Pros
good hours
Cons
short term
summer jobs
Operation Brightside (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 27, 2014
SLATE as an excellent program to start with and everyone who I'd work with was very nice and helpful, they also taught me many thing like working well with other and how to handle all my financial needs.
fun place
Student (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 30, 2014
liked the job. wish I could have stayed longer. the people who I worked with were cool to be around.
love this job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 26, 2013
things i loved about this job learning how people operated the floors with people coming in from out of town love the mangers love the workers love my work always was on time n stayed on my job
cool
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 13, 2013
my job consisted of me cleaning the store making movies and cds also being the cashier. i learned the value of the customer. my co workers was very helpful and when one needed help with a task we helped them. the hardest part is when the machines broke down. the most enjoyable part was seeing the customer leave with a smile on their face.
Pros
helping the customer
Cons
when the machines was down
OK for student newspaper
News Editor (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, Pa.October 17, 2013
After being thrown into my new role unbeknownst to me, I quickly learned how important organization is at a newspaper. The Slate didn't seem to have much of it. Run by students, we still put out a paper every week.
Cons
lacks organization
Workforce readiness
Healthcare Trainee (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 21, 2013
Great Place to find employment an get any type of training you need
Productive work places
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 18, 2013
I think Slate had one of the best work setting i ever had. The management was wonderful. My Co-Workers was easygoing so it was easy to work together. But one of the hardest parts of the job was working in 90+ degrees. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my hard work pay off.
Pros
free lunches and etc.
Cons
weather
Positive,Dependable,work place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2013
Taught me how to keep logs of all the work that was done for the month. Helped build my communication skills.And it also showed me that supporting students in developing there skills and goals in life is real effectively.

Want to know more about Slate?

Ask a question
Transporter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2013
my work review was great. i learn a lot of new things working with slate. Its a company anyone would love to be at such as work or just visiting.I would like to say its something that train teens to be ready for work sites when they are ready in life. That what i think of SLATE.