Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites United States Employee Reviews

poor experiance
Housekeeper (Former Employee), gary,inFebruary 17, 2015
i hated working for this chain of hotels. the service they provide to the customer is sloppy and they do not allow employees to advace within the company. i never will work there again
Awesome place!
Night Manager (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJanuary 6, 2015
The people who run the place, as well as your coworkers really make it an easy place to work. The guests are always friendly and the make the hours go by quickly. They offer the best breakfast and game day activites for the guest. Free popcorn and cookies!
Great workplace and very friendly people
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 5, 2015
This was a great place to work. They were able to work with my schedule and that was a huge plus. In this type of work, you come across some very happy people and some not so happy and disgruntled customers, but thats all in a days work for me. I love to talk to people and this gave me the opportunity to see just how I can handle myself in that type of atmosphere and I excelled!
Friendly people as well great co-workers.
Breakfast Hostess (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNDecember 28, 2014
Pros: interaction with people and co-workers.
Cons: short breaks and running out of food quickly.
A typical day here at Sleep Inn was pretty easy and laid back. I learned a lot of people skills and little did I know this would be the door that opened up for me working at Hampton. The co-workers there were very nice and understanding. We all became a big family with all of the ups and downs. We worked through everything as a team instead of dealing with it alone. The hardest part of the job was when we would have over 70-80 guests at one time to eat breakfast. It took almost three people to keep everything going smoothly. The best thing about working here was meeting new people.
often alone
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXNovember 22, 2014
Pros: comfortable seating, and rest area. good discounts
Cons: alone for long periods of time, low pay, lots of grumpy guest.
You're often left alone for 8 hours, which isn't bad because you often receive breaks between answering phones and checking in guests. When the phone does go off, it is usually about 2 or 3 calls at once! It isn't bad usually, but when you're alone and have people checking in and phones going off, kind of stinks. :) over all discounts were great, pay wasn't great, but decent.
Very frustrating, un responsive ownership
General Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 20, 2014
Cons: company bankruptcy, lost franchise
10-12 hour work days and ownership demanded more
Investigate Company and ownership before accepting position
Ownership refused to pay bills
Good co-workers, but they didn't stay long at minimum wage
Knowing that Payroll checks would bounce
Nothing notably enjoyable from this position
Owners and managers very involved, co-workers were easy to get along with
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 15, 2014
A typical work day for me began gathering all employee/management reports for the day, and all other reports, financials and notes needed to begin my audit process. All reports for all staff members/managers had to be verified with the daily financials transactions for the business day. If any discrepancies were found or were already noted, I had to determine where and why and make any adjustments if possible. The next step was to input all information into appropriate spreadsheets to show detailed breakdowns of each business day and transactions made. Audit process is done after closing out all shifts and transactions for that business day and started the new business day in the system. When audit for current day and all spreadsheets were completed, everything was emailed to designated department managers and all paperwork was given to supervisor. My co-workers were easy to get along with, as well as management. My immediate supervisor was great to work with and was very helpful and knowledgeable if I had any issues. My most enjoyable part of my job was working at night and my job duties in general. I have always enjoyed working with the public, doing accounting/financial work, and working with computers.
BORING
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Danville, VAOctober 12, 2014
IT WAS BORING AND NASTY JOB. BEDS WERE NASTY THE SHEETS WOULDNT COME CLEAN AND THEY HAD CHEAP VACCUM CLEANERS THAT DIDNT CLEAN FLOORS
Hospitality
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: mmet new people and something new everyday
Cons: scheduling
Sleep Inn & Suites is a very good place to work with great people and management. Its also fast paced and a new experience every day
Not the best
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Cullman, ALAugust 25, 2014
Long stressful day always busy. Other employees come to you to complain about everything including the management.
sometimes slow and easy, sometimes fast and stressful
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJune 30, 2014
Pros: regular hours
Cons: you're alone most of the time.
Overall, if you're looking for a constant easy job this is the place for you. Easy system to learn, regular hours, and great manager to work for.
Great place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TNMarch 23, 2014
Pros: co-workers, friendly atmosphere
Cons: upset guests
Enjoyed my typical work day. I would come in and immediatly start on my paperwork and making sure everything that I knew needed to be done ASAP was done. These things would include finishing laundry, matching the bucket with the system, making sure every room has its correct paperwork where it belongs. After this I would do my cleaning and then start on preparing breakfast. My nights would usually go by pretty quick. My co-workers were great! The hardest part of this job would be the guests I would get coming from the bar. The most enjoyable part of this job was having further experience with the public.
ovrall my experience working in the hosplity industries has help me gain experience for my future in manage position.
Executive Housekeeping (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 12, 2014
overall been a wonderful experience. i work with good employee and we are a team when it come to working together.
Horrible Management
x (Former Employee), Moundsville WVAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: easy work, clean enviroment, nice guests.
Cons: terrible management, no respect, low pay
The work was not hard at all but the manager was an flaky at best. She would tell someone to do something a certain way then the very next day contradict herself. There was a high turnover rate because of this. My coworkers were nice for the most part but it seemed like they were always leaving. I worked for them while I was laid off from my regular job which I am back at now. The manager seemed to get off on humiliating her employees. I would not recommend this job to anybody unless you are desperate. I only stayed as long as I did To support my family.
fun place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Ashland, VAFebruary 4, 2014
checking in guests, checking out guests, canceling and making reservations, answering phones, other duties as required
Everyday Job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJanuary 8, 2014
The job was beneficial for learning and everyone was very helpful that I worked with, they all wanted to teach and it was a good atmosphere but I did not appreciate how the district manager and owner went about their treatment of their employees, very disrespectful and unfavorable. The job was beneficial because of my coworkers and the hours but the management needs a re-evaluation.
Work experience
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Prince George, VAOctober 8, 2013
The typical day at work would have to be making sure that my work gets complete. I learn how to except criticism and keep striving to make my job remain wonderful. I feel as though the management was very unprofessional and didn't know what he was doing. My co-workers were amazing we all got along just find and work hard together as one. The hardest part of the job I would have to say was walking into a negative environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was when my guest would give me good compliments on how well I help them and got everything that they needed.
Productive Workplace
Assistant for guests (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALOctober 6, 2013
Pros: good pay + tips
Cons: shortbreaks
This job was beneficial though the employees are not as professional as they should but I made the best out of it and did my job very well
Provided many chances at caree advancement
Event Manager (Current Employee), Minot, NDAugust 28, 2013
Working at the Sleep Inn and Suites has been a pleasure. I love my job because it is constantly changing and I am always getting to meet new people, face new challenges, and create new outcomes. My staff and the rest of the hotel staff are committed to delivering unforgettable customer service!
Overall wonderful people to work for but to micro management
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Danville, ILAugust 21, 2013
Pros: friendly guests staff lunch break when i wanted to go
Cons: long hours no benefits
Starting out the day with greeting any guests checking out and saying Good morning to the staff. general procedures of Choice Hotels. Breakfast attendant, housekeeping staff schedules. Choice advantage, CU courses. Very busy some days and very quit on others. Very pleasant work environment. The hardest part of my fob was being AGM a job the owners created for me when I left Best Western after 12 years, was being spread to thin over the course of a 6 day work week. I was in charge of room inspecting on 2 days the Housekeeper Lead was off and also MOD on Sunday when the GM was off. I felt a little overwhelmed at times. The most enjoyable part was working with the staff and meeting new people as well as return customers. I enjoy being in the hospitality industry and have been for 17 years. I hope to return to Choice Hotels as it was a wonderful experience.

Sleep Inn & Suites Salaries