Sleep Inn Employee Reviews

A typical work day.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Little River, SCDecember 6, 2015
A typical night is usually fairly quiet so the hardest part was when the computer system was cooperating. Getting the chance to watch the sunrise in the mornings.
Good Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 15, 2015
Started at the bottom but worked hard for close to 3 years to bring this hotel from one of the worst to a hotel in the middle of the rankings. Positive staff leads to positive happy guests.
Pros
Atmosphere
customers were enjoyable
front desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 22, 2015
Great coworkers, the customers were enjoyable to be able to get to know. The hardest part of the jobs was the hours. The best part was the coworkers and people who would stay there.
Pros
free coffee all night
Cons
no boss there if you needed help
Nice Employer
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Hewitt, TXAugust 31, 2015
Great place to work. Staff are awesome. Meet lot of different people and learn a lot about Waco working in a hotel. Fun place with supportive management.
Customer service oriented-Hospitality
Front Desk /Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 26, 2015
You have to be able to multi-task, be patient, knowledgeable of facility and promotions for guests.and professional. Responsibilities include greeting customers, making reservations, checking guest in and out of hotel, posting and taking payments, making quick decisions, ensuring cleanliness of hotel
sleep inn
Manager (Former Employee) –  Summersville WVJune 24, 2015
It was a good job, required you to know how to manage time and how to handle people. Was always day shift... had a great crew to work with.
I enjoyed the people I worked with and for.
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 16, 2015
I would start my shift by stocking the breakfast area and checking in late arrivals as they came in. When time permitted I would mop the lobby and snack area. At 3 am I would run audit then start preparing for check outs and the airport shuttle pick-ups. At 4:45 am I would start preparing breakfast. The remainder of my shift I kept breakfast stocked and checking out guests. My shift also included answering the phone, making reservations and assisting guests whenever they needed help.
Nice place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 15, 2015
Cleaned rooms and worked the continental breakfast. Learned a lot from my supervisor. Overall a good place to work. Met some very interesting people. Comedians that did shows at Visanis would stay there and tell us jokes
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No insurance benifits
Very nice place to work
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLMay 29, 2015
I would clean rooms, gather items that guests needed, had to clean 10 rooms a day and needed to be done by 4 o'clock and no later.
Fun workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VAMay 19, 2015
Enjoy helping guests have a safe & comfortable stay. Enjoyed working with friendly, outgoing coworkers. Enjoyed having a set schedule.
Pros
Had a schedule I liked, set days.
Cons
No healthcare.
it was a quiet and stress free environment
Mississippi management (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSMarch 15, 2015
sleep inn was ok just was time to move on to something with more pay. New management company didn't offer any vacation, personal time or sick time. I had the greatest times working there and it was only a few employees.
Pros
room discounts
Cons
new management came with no vacation, personal days, etc
This was a good job, the teamwork and friendships that i developed made this job enjoyable.
guest service representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMarch 4, 2015
I enjoyed this job because it fit my needs. I am Semi Retired and enjoyed the fellowship with the management and other employees. At the time that I applied for this job I was content at being retired and didn't realize that I missed the Hospitality culture that I helped developed over the years. I have been in the hospitality and customer service business for 26 years it was not only my job but it was a large part of my social life as well. I actually looked forward to going to work at Sleep Inn because Management made it fun yet challenging. Job security was great but there wasn't any chance for advancement because of the size of the Hotel.
Pros
fit my needs
Cons
pay was not good.
Organized
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILFebruary 22, 2015
The Sleep Inn was well kept and organized. Learned the rules and regulations of the facility. The guest and staff were polite in helping me learn the ways of the business and provide good customer service. Checking guest in/out, connecting phone calls, and providing information about the area were some of my main duties.
Pros
meeting and greeting travelers from all over the world
Cons
being the only staff member at night within the facility
A nice establishment
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Management provided a pleasant work environment. Some days were slower than others but we were always kept busy and always productive.
Enjoyed the experience and people.
Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJanuary 17, 2015
Enjoyed the experience and the people. Convenient location for guests to 93 / 293/ 3 and Manchester / Boston Airports.
Great place for a part time job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJanuary 5, 2015
Fun workplace with great management and helpful training.
Pros
free time to work on school
Great Management
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 16, 2014
Although the pay may not be great. Sleep Inn has one of the best managers I have ever worked for. I would say the hardest part of the job is dealing with co workers many personalities. The guest are very easy to deal with compared to co workers. Overall I enjoy my job and the customer service I provide. Just seeking a little more pay.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits
Auditor, Guest Services, Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 12, 2014
Sleep Inn was a great experience I had to opportunity of meetings some very creative people in my transition. I learned that each day you have to take and make the best out of it no matter the situation. I would recommend this company to anyone that is seeking a starter position in the hospitality industry.
Pros
flexible schedule, friendly staff
Cons
healthcare
I really enjoyed working at Sleep Inn and loved my bosses, very friendly and understanding.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLNovember 12, 2014
When i first came into work, i would look to see if there was any arrivals still coming in, if i had arrivals i would pre check them in so they didn't lose the room. I checked in guest and provides guest services to guest already in house. My job mostly was running the audit at the end of the night, which consist of me running all credits cards for the day, making sure all shifts credit cards and cash was correct and everything balanced. I loved my bosses and i also loved meeting all the diferent people and hearing about were they are from and what they have planed for the vaction. I had to leave this job cause i relocted to Indiana.
Pros
working nights was fitting at the time, i worked while my kids slept at night and i slept while my kids were at school, so i didn't lose anytime with them.
Cons
some of the guests were very hard to deal with.
Highly benefited my customer service skills
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 16, 2014
There is definitely more pros than cons when i worked with this company. I had loyal co-workers, a wonderful general manager, etc.