Sleep Inn Employee Reviews

love housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 23, 2017
ive learned a lot about the housekeeping business....I love to clean so nothing was ever to hard about cleaning the rooms I love just the oppertunity of being in your on space.. the hardest part about cleaning the rooms would be making the beds..but once you get the hang of it its very easy.....
Favorite place to work
Lead Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORJanuary 23, 2017
I started out as a housekeeper and made my way to breakfast bar then front desk, I ended up being the lead guest agent. I love the atmosphere, everyone was great and hotels are an easy way for advancement if that's what you're looking for. The system is easy to learn and everyone is willing to help out if you need it.
Constant flow
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2017
Very interesting place to work. Had the opportunity to meet people from different ethnic backgrounds and had the opportunity to learn a bit of knowledge I wasn't aware before
Enjoyable work place
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJanuary 19, 2017
Personally, I really loved it here. It was not only enjoyable but every staff member is like family. We worked as if we were a family which made things oh so great! All of us could depend on each other and had our communication skills to the best of my knowledge.
Pros
Help was giving when needed
Cons
Everything was great
Great Atmosphere
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 17, 2017
Sleep Inn and Suites was a great place to work, and a great way to meet some very interesting people. The owners and manager were awesome. A typical day was checking guests out of the hotel. On my down time, I would assist with laundry. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy guests. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the guests and knowing they enjoyed their stay.
Great place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Great place to sleep if you are needing to put your head down for the night or for many nights. You will learn a lot working there, I did its fun to see the different people who would come .
Pros
Great enviorment
Cons
Healthcare
Great hotel experience having no prior experience
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2017
A typical day at work would be warmly greet guests upon arrival. Ask why they are travelling and get them checked in and enter all proper information necessary. Answer any questions guests may have, offer suggestions for things they are interested in and offer easy directions to get around the city. I would be the only person in the building during my shift so any guest complaints or issues I would resolve personally. Sign off on any deliveries and make sure that things run smoothly within the hotel at all times. My co-workers were absolutely wonderful and the overall job itself was never terribly straining.
Pros
Easy work day, guest interaction
Cons
No security, very small establishment, limited employees
An Excellent Place To Be
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Milan, MIJanuary 6, 2017
I loved my job at the Sleep Inn in Milan, Michigan. I had just received a raise and more hours and was very happy with my job there however when my car broke down, I had absolutely no way to get there. A bus would not even go close enough for me to walk a little bit which I wouldn't of minded at the time. But not...so I had to find other employment.
Pros
Very Great Atmosphere
Cons
no benefits
review
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 31, 2016
it was a nice job to have had and the rooms are really clean and nice. i loved my three years at that hotel. managers were cool and laided back and easy to talk too
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
smoke breaks
Great staff, terrible GM
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Blackwell, OKDecember 30, 2016
The team and work atmosphere were great. However there was a lot of "throwing under the bus" from upper management. Job security was iffy due to that.
Pros
hotel buffet breakfast
Cons
Pay was never correct, drama
terrible place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 29, 2016
don't work here or even stay here. the people who run this establishment are unbelievably rude and don't care about their employees.
Pros
Cons
no hours, rude manager and owner, terrible work conditions
fun place working enviroment
house keeping reports etc (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTDecember 29, 2016
great learning place for customer service,flexibly work schedule, learn management skills, friendly co-worker, nothing hard to learn any things,you learn customer service
Pros
contacts with various cutomers
Cons
no benifiuts
Sleep Inn Choice Hotels
Front Desk Clerk and Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Athens, AL 35611December 26, 2016
Terrible ownership. As with most of these types of hotels. I worked in terribly unsafe conditions for hours. No scheduled lunch breaks and no dependable employees or owners. Many times I was just left there for 16 hour shifts with no one coming in. Calling the Choice rep did nothing. I was told "You do not work for Choice Hotels. You work for your owners".

I was responsible for fixing all mistakes with credit cars, room charges, payments, etc.
Pros
the points program was nice
Cons
no breaks, no reliable people, horrible ownership, terrible management
Great Experience
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXDecember 20, 2016
I enjoyed my job at Sleep Inn and Suites. My hours were perfect. The people I worked with were great. The majority of us worked together as a team. No problem getting time off when needed, just had one problem but took care of it.
Pros
Great atsmophere
great place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 18, 2016
i would check all maintenance issues on the list as soon as i got there and would fix right away then go through all others checks for the day i learned to fix alot of different things management and crew were great the hardest part was getting parts but ienjoyed the challenge of fixing things
Pros
learned alot about fixing things
Cons
getting parts
Good Company
Assistant General Manager Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 13, 2016
Was a great starting point from learning the ins and outs of the hotel industry and from learning the all fields from different points to the hotel and gaining experience.
At the time it was stressfull
Housekeeping/Laundry Operator (Former Employee) –  College Park, GADecember 12, 2016
Cleaning room inspecting rooms. Making sure we had clean linen. Reporting all maintenance issues. Reporting to front desk all vacant ready and vacant dirty rooms.
Pros
working
Cons
At the time having A GM who kept up confusement between staff members.
over worked
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDDecember 12, 2016
they say you get payed 9 and hour but really only pay you $3 a room witch do not even equally $9 an hour unless you do 3 room an hour
Pros
good work environment
Cons
the pay
Laundry worker (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIDecember 8, 2016
I enjoy working with other co-workers and I do well with customers by helping them and getting them the things they need. I think the Sleep Inn Hotel is a great place to work at for beginners and those looking for a good place to work.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 30, 2016
Do not have much to say about the job! It was good for the experience and after I peaked and couldn't get more from my job I looked for something more challenging.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sleep Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8