Sleep Number Employee Reviews

Great Workplace!
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 28, 2017
I have worked with Sleep Number about a year and a half and have more good then bad things to say about the company. Sleep Number for the most part does have respect for its employees and treats them well and with respect.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Advertising Could Be Better!
Sleep Number does has the best beds on the Market
Manager on Duty-Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 22, 2017
Very nice place to work but very stressfull having to sell 50,000+ dollars in beds a month. I learned alot about sleeping alternatives that were mainly based on the specific bed you slept on.It was very interesing to know and to actually see the way the Sleep Number Beds were good for your health such as in following along with the curve of you spinal cord, or people who has sleep apnea etc. And to know alot of our endorsements where indeed from chiropractors.
Pros
great benefits, great bonuses if and when you reached such a high goal
Cons
commision..stressful
Outbound Sleep Professional (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 20, 2017
I really like the cultures but the growth opportunities are lacking if you're in sales.
The company does a great job of making you thinking there is room for growth but when it come time to move ahead they hold you back if you're great at your current position.
Gained customer service experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 18, 2017
When I was a Gen 1 and 2 Customer Service agent at Sleep Number from the moment your day started you were in queue for calls and the calls didn't stop until it was time to leave. Good Customer Service experience.
Pros
Nice work out center, basketball court, good health care, 1 lunch and 2 15 minute breaks during the day
Cons
Frustrating management, lack of ability to be promoted
Decent job
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 10, 2017
Growing company, issues w/ advancement are only my own. Employee sales are good opportunities to pick up bedding, and decent incentives to purchase a Sleep Number bed. Moving soon to downtown Minneapolis.
Pros
On site cafe, no fault attendance policy
Cons
Moving soon
Customer Service assisting customer with their bed orders
Human Resources Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 10, 2017
Sleep Number beds are all across the United States - inbound calls come in with warranty issues, process data in a high volume call center. Address customers concerns and complaints.
Pros
Cons
healthcare - short breaks
Good but Stressful
Customer Recovery Advocacy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 8, 2017
Whenever any company decides to change their whole computer system (including every department like manufacturing, shipping, and customer service) there are always a few bumps but the manufacturing and shipping delays that came when this company changed to Siebel were more than Select Comfort had planned.
Relaxed sales atmosphere, not cutthroat,performance based salary
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 2, 2017
The management has gotten better since I started. Not as micromanagement as it once was. Job gets easier the more you know about your product..as with any other sales position
Pros
benefits, salary, room for growth
Cons
barely attainable goals, training
Inside sales position
Sleep Professional (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 27, 2017
Good product, good company, Slow to moderate customer activity, except during busy " sale " days.
Cohesion between corporate, local management and store employees needs improvement.
Customer service is delivered through contact with home office in Minneapolis, MN. and is dreadfully poor. Be prepared to receive and be tasked with customer service challenges as a regular part of your responsibility.
Productive and learning work enviornment.
Home Delivery Technician Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTApril 11, 2017
Sleep Number is a great company to work for with good wages and an even better healthcare and investment plans. They promote within their company and reward hard work.
Pros
Wages, Hours, Work Enviornment.
Cons
Ridiculous Company policies.

Want to know more about Sleep Number?

Ask a question
I loved working for Sleep Number, Excellent product.
Industrial Stitcher (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 10, 2017
I started in the factory. I worked as a stitcher, foundations, and air pu, mps. I realized that I was stating to get injured on the job an applied for Customer Service. It was nice as I knew the product from working on them and the quality that went into the construction. I like being able to help people learn how to work the bed to get the best quality nights' sleep. I liked that I worked for a company with a great product and the great quality and I think awesome customer service.Training was very helpful and I use those skills at my current company. The hardest part was dealing with people that didn't want to work with you on how to handle issues that may happen.
Pros
Great company. Great product
Cons
Cranky people on the phone.
Sleep number
Lead Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 1, 2017
I work as a delivery and install mechanic. We traveled an 100 mile radius of Nashville and fixed and problems as needed. We also did event presentations at all events from Kentucky to Nashville.
Pros
Traveled alote home before dark
Cons
Bad communication
Great
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 30, 2017
I respect the company so much. Treated their employees well and is a leading innovator in the bed industry. A product and company I 100% believe in. Great pay.
A great place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 22, 2017
Sleep Number has enabled me to do tremendous things and I am so proud to work for this company. They offer amazing training, benefits, and a great pay structure. You are in stores that have 3-5 people typically and you really do grow close with your coworkers. The management structure is great here and there are opportunities to advance.
Pros
benefits, pay, advancement
Typical Day at sleep number
Senior delivery and service Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37210March 17, 2017
An average day with select comfort starts with going to the dock to load the daily freight, Once loaded contact customer and let them know your on route to their home. once in the home, we carefully assembled the bed and gave a detailed demonstration as to the different functions of the bed. Also, go over the different warranties that come with the bed
Great Product that sells its self but don't expect them to apprieciate you doing well
Sleep Expert (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 9, 2017
Days can be slow depending on store traffic and how many people work at the store. Management tends to get in its own way and there is lots of nepotism. In some stores the workplace is up-beat and fun not so much in other stores. Hardest part of the job is staying motivated when your work is not appreciated but it is a lot of fun to do well and sell a great product.
Pros
Can make good money.
Cons
You are never doing well enough.
Sleep Number
Store Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXMarch 6, 2017
Sleep Number gave me the opportunity to advance, make an impact on my community and my employees.
Although the company is going in a new direction and seems to feel older employees are less valuable to them in the future.
Pros
Good Benefits, compensation
Cons
mid level upper management
Great Compnay
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTFebruary 24, 2017
Working as a part of a team, working to improve people's lives through better sleep. Just incredible! Nothing bad to say about this place or the people!
Great Company
Inside Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 22, 2017
They are a great company to work for. Work life balance is good and you feel like you make a difference by helping people sleep better.
Heavily busy working environment with travel. Fun and physically demanding.
Delivery /installation (Former Employee) –  Sacramento CAFebruary 21, 2017
I worked there as a temporary employee. I loved working there. The actual assembly of the beds can be compared to Legos built by adults. (These beds literally fit together.) I got to travel all over the northern portion of the state of California. It was physically demanding. Over all, the job was fun but I need more.
Pros
Employee discounts on merchandice and pay for overtime
Cons
I was a temporary employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sleep Number. Our community is ready to answer.