Sleep Number Employee Reviews in United States

Great Job - Not so great leadership
Delivery Driver - Set-up (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 7, 2016
I love the job itself. Working with the customers and the work is not that hard.
The management and support you get however is not what it needs to be. The home office is in Minneapolis and there is a vast communication problem. Supervisor is located in Seattle. Difficult to get ahold of to say the least. Pay is ok . Yearly merit raises are dismal at best ranging from 0% to 4%. That barely covers cost of living increase. Product is very well made and excellent quality. I would highly recommend them to friends and family. The hours vary wildly also. Could get 65 hours a week for 2 months straight then 20 to 25 for two months. Hard to budget and feel financially secure on that kind of schedule.
Pros
Decent wage when working. Not super difficult job. Customers are great. Exellent product.
Cons
Unstable hours. Lack of communication and support from management
No room for advancment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 7, 2016
would complete the same thing day in and day out and there was not room for advancement. The management staff was never to be found and I feel like that there was not enough training before we were placed on the phone.
fun place to work
Home Delivery Technician/ Class C Driver (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILApril 6, 2016
people there were nice, everybody made enough money to buy what they wanted. everything worked out. hopefully you have a cdl before applying, class C
Open environment for a perfect work balance life
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 4, 2016
I would recommend Sleep Number for anyone who is new to the business world or even a little older. They are open and fair to everyone
This job demands you work as hours they tell you to work.
Receiver and drive a day cab for a yard dog. (Current Employee) –  UtahApril 3, 2016
It's a fun place to work because employs make it fun. There a big lack of communications. managers will listen to your complaints as if they care and then nothing is done to fix the problems. They hire more managers than workers.
Pros
Good employs
Cons
They don't care about their employs.
Incredible feeling to participate in the growth of a revolutionary product from an emerging technology.
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Corporate Office Plymouth, MNMarch 31, 2016
It was a very rewarding experience. Bringing a company from idea to realization. Our every thought, idea and action was driven by the collective experience and bond that we had in senior management. Most proud of the "people first" culture we nurtured throughout my time at Select Comfort (Sleep Number Bed).

The company remains successful today due in large part, to the foundation build by the original leaders of the company. I am proud of my time and contributions to their success.

Who would have thought that selling "beds" could be so much fun.
Wonderful culture with great benefits and a relaxed atmosphere
Digital Experience Professional (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 14, 2016
It's a great company to work for with great benefits in general. Lots of community outreach and spiffs at random points of the year. Many give aways and direct leadership seems to care about their employees. Upper management seems detached from the day to day life of the employees which leads to unneeded stresses for seemingly no reason.
Pros
Amazing discount, excellent culture
Cons
Detached upper management
Nice clean work place.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 11, 2016
They have a proven sale process that works for the sale of the product. Build relationships with customer. Provide a world class experience to each customer.
Pros
commision
Cons
working all weekends and holidays. closing the store at nite alone
Fun fast workplace, great people
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 7, 2016
Select Comfort has always provided me the opportunities to grow. This is a fast paced, exciting company to work for. I enjoyed the wide variety experiences, there was never a dull moment at Select.
Online classes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 7, 2016
Classes are five weeks and the school website gives benefit resources to maintain a successful grade and gain new experience of knowledge.
Great job
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Irmo, SCMarch 1, 2016
Ability to work in diverse, peaceful work area. Allows space for additional learning if needed at any time. The management was great.
Pros
friendly peers
Cons
hours, pay
Great job for anyone who enjoys living at the store
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 20, 2016
Upper management does not care about your work/life balance. It was not uncommon to have them insist on you coming in to work overtime if you had not met your sales goals. They talk a lot about wanting to promote from within, but they seldom do so. The hardest part of the position was interaction with the district manager who would visit the store solely to find something she could deem wrong. Im sure there are great DM's in other markets, but this one was a monster. The hours are long and you need to be prepared to occasionally work an 8 or 10 hour day but never see a single customer. When this happens they will want you to use their call lists and call past customers to try and sell them over the phone. If business is slow, you become a glorified telemarketer. The training involves WEEKS of role playing before they allow you to start the job. You will be required to act out/pretend to sell products to your co-workers until they see fit. One of the most mentally taxing jobs I have ever had.
Pros
commissions were fair
Cons
everything else
Great people to work with
Jr. Systems Administrator - Windows (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 19, 2016
Sleep Number is such a great place to work! There are many benefits to being a Sleep Number employee, but the people who work there are the best part! I have made a lot of friends in the last 8 years!
Run as fast as you can!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 9, 2016
This job is NOT what I was a few years ago! If you want to work for a place that practices deceitful sales tactics and zero accountability then this is the place! We get your money and you may or may not get your bed. We have the power! Working for the unrealistic DM is enough to look elsewhere for employment. If you like not having weekends off and being treated like garbage then I'd say step right up! SN is as close to a cult mentality as it gets!
Pros
Use to be the money.
Cons
District management, poor family time, you are your numbers
Need more room for growth
SELECT COMFORT, SALES PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJanuary 30, 2016
A great starting out company to work for, they have a proven sales process that helps you help all of your clients anyway possible from the products they have. I would recommend this job for anyone with not much sales experience and some specific leadership in this company can help mold you into a great sales professional.
Pros
Great process for you clients and customers to be helped with
Cons
No outside life out of work, but when you're young we can handle it.
Sleep Number Review.
Retail Greeter (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYJanuary 14, 2016
Assist customers in any and all questions.
Assist management in reaching sales goals.
Greet each customer with kindness and a friendly attitude.
Pros
Pay, managment provided excellent training.
Cons
Lack of staff during high volume periods.
Not a good company to work for!!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 6, 2016
Everything started out fantastic working for this company, that is until they did a company wide system change over. They released a program that wasn't ready to launch back in October 2015. To this day the system still doesn't work properly and it has caused stress on the sales people in the stores. It has also caused our customer service to go down by an extreme amount. Most of the times our customers will be on hold for 45 minutes only to be hung up on and this happens over multiple days. And the home delivery department what a joke!!! We were quoting people a 3-4 week delivery time back in October and we have many cancelations and upset people who still haven't gotten their beds and here is January 2016!! All corporate can say is hold on everyone things will get better!! I have to disagree with this, you tell me how I go from making $6000 per month to barely making $2500 per month and that's due to multiple cancelations due to matters I have no control over like poor customer service and home delivery!! If you look up the company rating overall they have 2 stars!!!
A pretty good place to work
Digital Experience Professional (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 4, 2016
The pay is pretty good for almost every position, but they sometimes push their customer service people too much. During the peak sales times of the year the focus lessens on customer services and focuses more on sales. Many agents who would completely ignore customer service and push sales were rewarded, which is not the overall goal of the company. Overall a pretty good place to work and wonderful people.
I worked in the home delivery department as a delivery technician, I was hired thru a staffing firm.
Home delivery specialist (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNDecember 28, 2015
My interview was wonderful. .my interviewer called the staffing firm to start within 5 minutes and I started the next day.I had quit a job this was more money, and the company. I thought had a great reputation. I arrived on time and waited, 20 minutes for a manager who told me they had no idea I was going to be there at all. I was taken up stairs, to sit with someone who was going to train me. The first day I watched as they answered in bound calls, 2nd day I started answering calls, third answering and manuvering the system . Perfect..I went to the floor. The three days I was there I never saw a manager unless it was to answer a question re an account. I arrived on the floor. The manager again had no idea I was coming to the floor. I was given a desk and the manager left. I had no sign on, had not been shown how to sign in the system, or how to get into the phone system, while in training or sitting w ith this man individual .The person I sat with told me they did not use the dialer upstairs. I not been shown how to use the dialer . Within 5 minutes Of being on the floor I was told we were working the dialer. Great , I had no computer sign on, no phone sign on, had never worked the dialer and the manager had just walked within my first 8 minute if being on the work floor. I waited thinking she would come back.After she had simply walked away. She never came back . I found another manager who gave me her sign on, for both the phone and computer. I told her I had never been on their dialer as they. As they did not use it upstairs. She good we do use it  more... here, showed me quickly within 10 minutes how to use it but she did not show me everything in 10 minutes and left. I was nervous, asked my coworkers a ton of questions, and made it thru my first day alone on the floor. Again no manager came back to see how I was doing for the last 5 hours on the floor. A training class taught by an actual trainer had started the day before they learned more in a few hours than I did in 3 days by a coworker . I received a call the next day stating I was being let go because I had not learned quick enough. Shocking, no manager follow up, they kept saying they were not aware I was coming, no sign on for the phone computer which I was never down how to sign into, and dialer traing for 10 minutes , and I gave up a job for this one. I have over 20 years in customer service, problem solving etc, and on computers.and a double degree.
These 4 days were days the worst days imagiable I was working for a company that stated they never knew I was supposed to be there, and clearly showed it. These days where chaotic, unorganized, non efficient a nightmare. Employee beware.
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
fun work environment
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 17, 2015
I really enjoyed the people that I worked with but the management gave me the run around about being hired on permanent. I learned a lot about team work. Management cares about the employees and encourage growth. The most enjoyable part of the day is interacting with other co-workers.
Pros
friendly people, able to work a lot of hours and over time
Cons
takes too long to be hired on.