Sleep Number

Sleep Number Employer Reviews

Productive and Active Environment
Hybrid Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: gym
Cons: every other weekends
Sleep Number is a wonderful company. The work environment is very social able and relaxed.
Great company with great team members
Sleep Professional (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: sometimes few customers come in, but it only takes 1 sale a day
My daily task were most importantly, sell 1 bed a day. You also had to help current customers. This is a great company. I regret leaving it. Great pay, great benefits, constant training to make you perform better. Everybody in the company was helpful from team members, manager, district and regional management. It was a good family environment in a fast paced sales environment. Stock options, discounts, great pay, great benefits, and great training for a great product.
Retail Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoyed working at Sleep Number. The company was great. I learned a lot by working there. I learned key elements, concerning customer service.
I have no comment at this time
Talent Acquisition Partner/Specialist (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNJanuary 1, 2015
typical day
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Unique and entertaining.
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTDecember 29, 2014
Pros: fast pace, good pay, people
Cons: management, unorganized
Once I would get into work I would have an inspections table. This is where I would bring over the finished product and inspect it for any flaws, markings, stains, etc. Once that was completed i would take the finished product back to where it was pulled from and move to the next section of my quality control job. I learned valuable traits for quality control. It was my first job like that. My co workers were very friendly and were helpful to assist me if i had any questions. The hardest part of the job was that there were so many things that you had to keep track of that it just confused me. It was mainly because i was new to the job and didnt understand what i was supposed to do. I enjoyed working in a fast paced environment, and i love to walk all day.
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 9, 2014
It was one of the best jobs i ever had. Met lots of people that did all kinds of work. Got to travel to places i didnt no exsisted in mi.
Great product/Bad management.
Store Manager (Former Employee), USANovember 16, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits, co-workers.
Cons: publicly traded company, means profit over people.
Definitely must be willing to give up family, friends and any semblance of a personal life. I will say, that the product does work for those with back issues and I would recommend to anyone looking for a healthy nights sleep.
Decent
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 13, 2014
Pros: overtime is not a problem
Cons: unpredictable schedule.
As a delivery technician, we load up our trucks each day at the dock that our shipment is delivered to. We then deliver each bed to our scheduled houses. During the busy season I have to sort through the freight for how many trucks we are running for that particular week.
do not work for Sleep Number
Sales Manager (Former Employee), South Portland, MENovember 12, 2014
Cons: everything
No room for advancement!! They write you up every month you miss your sales goals, which are set at 30% higher then last years numbers. They set you up to fail!!
no comment
Delivery Technician (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MN (South Bend Market)November 3, 2014
Pros: independence
Cons: long hours and drive time.
Drive, deliver, and install beds. Long drive times and hours.
High job satisfaction, poor management
HD Tech (Former Employee), seattleOctober 30, 2014
Pros: good customers, great product, good mix of drive time/install time
Cons: communication with management, implementing new ideas and changes
Management at this company 'talked' about what they were going to do and how they were going to do it, what it was going to take to get that done, but it seemed very few of the amazing ideas got carried out. When innovations were moved forward it was excellent. The product is incredible. Sleep number beds are very comfortable and it is great to work for a leader in the market.
Location, management
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Northern New EnglandOctober 27, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: inept management
Having a store located where their is actually a solid customer base is huge. Without that, and proper store management, it's just an uphill battle. Our store performed well at times, though couldn't find enough traction with the location and poor store management was no help. District managers would hire store managers with practically no managerial and leadership skills. What a way to bring down a store and not reach sales goals. Numbers are everything. Reach your personal and store sales goals and you're good. You're toast if you string a few bad months together. Expect to work nights, weekends, and holidays and possibly not see a customer for HOURS during a shift. Compensation can be good provided the store has the volume and is competently run.
An okay place to work great employees, not so great upper managment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Springfield, MoOctober 10, 2014
I have worked at Sleep Number for right at 6 months and I have mixed emotions about the job. The commission rate is only a 2.5% which in my opinion is very low. Also, the base pay is not great either. Fun people that I work with in my location, but dont know many people from other locations. The upper management seems very fake at times and makes it hard to take the job serious. It's a good place to work if your looking for a local job.
Revolutionizing how the world sleeps with innovative products.
SLEEP EXPERT (Current Employee), West Nyack, NYOctober 6, 2014
Working for Sleep Number has been the most exciting company I have ever worked for. Sleep Number is constantly raising the bar in the sleep industry and continues to surprise and improve the quality of sleep a person can receive. I am very happy to be a Brand Ambassador for Sleep Number and to improve the lives of everyone I encounter with more rejuvenating sleep.
Poor place to work.
Professional Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Woodbury, MNSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: interaction with customers
Cons: favoritism.
Poor management skills. No direction. Poor decision making on employee issues. Not reasonable, shows favoritism. Co-workers for the most part were easy to work with. Hardest part of job was dealing with an inept Manager.
lots and lots of travel
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee), Tempe, AZSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: rude people02/06
check tickets,stage items treat every like you want to treated my co workers were my family,rude people helping the customer no matter what.
I had a great and wonderful experience while working at the sleep number store
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Erie, PASeptember 3, 2014
We provided an medical reasurrace for people who suffer from back problems....The managament style of the company was wonderful. I really enjoyed coming to work everyday...
Working at Sleep Number
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Madison, WISeptember 1, 2014
Pros: job is different every day. not micromanaged
Cons: no holiday pay, inconsistent end times, inconsistent hours, unreliable help with temps
Daily routine requires following a provided manifest for delivery and service calls. I work with the customers in understanding how their new product works and the best way to use it for the most optimal performance.
Growing retailer with strong history of survival.
In-Store Brand Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNAugust 21, 2014
Friendly work environment with a team focus. Thoughtful and precise direction provided for long range plans. Relaxed atmosphere with a driving undertone.
Great product, great training
Store Manager (Former Employee), Greenwood INAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great product, great training, great pay
Cons: upper management is very negative and harsh, very little support from corporate at the store level
The product is easy to talk about confidently because it's so great. The company compensates well and trains well. The work force surrounding the professionals and store managers are fantastic. Upper management has gone through some changes over the past year that have been less than stellar and the culture is shifting to a very negative place. If you can keep your head down, endure the verbal abuse, and perform, you can make some very good money. If you are unable to withstand hard leadership that is relatively negative, it's not the place for you.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sleep Number

We are Sleep Number. And for over 25 years, we’ve been changing the way the world sleeps—one person, one experience – Read more