Sleepy's Employee Reviews

High call volume
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYSeptember 21, 2017
Call center which was high volume of calls. I learned delivery support and warranty claim processing. Management was changing all the time and the workplace was clean. The hardest part of the job was customer not always nice. I enjoyed when I could work from home during bad weather.
Pros
2 breaks during your work schedule
Cons
long travel hours
great
Sales Professional Torrington, Southington, Kannon (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTSeptember 8, 2017
SLeepys was a great place to work, In order to apply, go to sleepys.com, or you can have you e mail put on the website, and when job opening comes up, you will be notified
.The Company was bought out
Sales (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 1, 2017
While with Sleepy's I handled day to day sales responsibilities as well as store operations. I was partly in

charge of training the new recruits. I was also responsible for closing other associates sales when they needed support as well as handling any general questions/ issues my fellow employees had on a day to day basis. I was also given charge of writing Chicago's Ad Recaps ( comparing our competitions ads and product on a week to week basis).
no advancement
Sales Professional/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTAugust 30, 2017
Sleepys is no longer a company. But when I did work for the company there was little work-life balance, and the managerial branch to the company was weak
Stocking
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2017
Working at sleepys was kind of stressful not much business was going on and my location wasn't so good either. My hours was kind of ok and I really didn't like the management
Pros
Lunch break was cool
Best company I ever worked for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAAugust 20, 2017
I've never worked for a company more interested in developing their talent. I got learned more in 2 years there than 5 years combined elsewhere. If they weren't bought, I would have never left.
Pros
incredible training
Cons
stressful goals
My favorite and best job I've had so far!
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJAugust 14, 2017
My favorite and best job I've had so far! Great company. Great hours, great benefits, great management, fun company to work for and overall had a great time working for Sleepy's.
ok but not the best
customer service (Former Employee) –  New YorkAugust 3, 2017
Work place was fine, but was not very optional. Very easy going most of the time.
Na
Store Manager/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 1, 2017
Out of business. Purchased by Mattress Firm. Compensation has changed. Very hard to make the same money as I used to. Sleepy's was a GREAT company to work for!
First time I felt like a boss!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJuly 28, 2017
Being in charge of my own salary, taught me to be self-reliant and self- motivated. Upper management went above and beyond to help you make your weekly sales goals.
Pros
High commission
Cons
Working weekends and holidays
Great enviornment
Divisional Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York StateJuly 17, 2017
Overall the work environment is great. Its a neat clean place to work that provides you the opportunity to earn money based on your ability to match the customer with the right sleep solution.

You will be as successful as you choose to be. Your performance will dictate your earnings.
Pros
You are in control of your earnings
Cons
long days
Family owned business sold to mattress firm.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2017
Company no longer exists but was a great place to work. The company believed the most important part of its business and created endless possibilities at earning commission.
Pros
High commissions.
Cons
short breaks, long hours, limited national reach
Great commission based sales position
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2017
if you take the time and learn the products and the process you could be very successful in this industry. it is the hours that made this job tough as you worked 10 hour days and if you wanted to make money you had to work weekends
Pros
pay, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
long hours, weekend and holidays needed
Long hours, heavy lifting, no benefits
Showroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAJuly 10, 2017
The job takes your entire day and most days because of radically high price point you dont make any money. They offer no benefits and reprimand severely if you become ill and have to miss a day.
Company was sold to Mattress Firm
Manager of Financial Systems & Reporting (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJuly 9, 2017
Work life at Sleepy's was great. Well balanced work and personal year round until being acquired by Mattress Firm and being laid off. Had great people to work with.
Not a employee friendly company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CTJuly 9, 2017
I would not go back there to work is was not a very friendly company to its employees, unless your manager like you then you would be treated more friendly.
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 9, 2017
Very fun to work with
Sales techniques
Multi culture
Meeting new people
Got a lot of training in how to build a rapport with the customer
Productive work place very organised and drama free
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Butner, NCJune 8, 2017
Enjoyed the time i worked for sleepys relaxed environment we always practiced teamwork also people's skills were a must if i was offered another job at the warehouse i would accept asap with honour.
Part time/full time job.
Director of Loss Prevention/Security & Safety (Former Employee) –  Company wide DirectorMay 30, 2017
Great culture and product line. Great advancement opportunities. A significant opportunity to make an impact on company operations. Being able to interact with other company executives and learn from them.
Intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMay 24, 2017
The intern program here was very well organized. We had a chance to sit and have lunch with each top level executive which was very insightful. Also, they designed their program with learning the department your assigned to and being given a real world project. It was very interesting working on this independently with the help of some employees along the way.