Slidell Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

ok
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAJuly 13, 2016
nice place to work friendly employees good benefits just too far from home
just get burnt out doing the same thing so long
my first best job that taught me alot
Medical Records Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAApril 22, 2016
I made the best out of my day at work. I think I have learn the most ever from this job. I have learned how to do so many things ( I was the one that filled in for people who was out ) My first boss was the same boss that hired me at my job know. After she left my other boss was also a great boss. My co workers were like family to me. the most enjoyable part was that I had a great work family.
Great place for motivated workers
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAFebruary 24, 2016
I worked there for a little less than a year and I enjoyed the people and the community I worked for. My coworkers were wonderful to work with as well as my superiors, I enjoyed the challenges and the knowledge they gave us.
great place to work
Nursing Assitant (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 18, 2016
Great environment with amazing co-workers. Always enjoyed going to work, knowing I had an amazing team surrounding me.
love -every other weekend off
Floor Tech/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LANovember 27, 2015
very unorganized, too much time looking for things that should be in every area, common sense is not used to run the department, no yearly raises but almost every three months bonuses are in order if the hospital meets most of the patients needs, rated according to a card.
Pros
benefits, every other weekend off
Cons
no advancement
Pleasant work atmosphere. Staff was friendly and helpful
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LANovember 12, 2015
I was able to advance my nursing skills due to the leadership qualities demonstrated by the senior staff. The atmosphere was non-hostile and nurtured learning. Advancement was encouraged.
The most enjoyable part of the job was....
Management Tech (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LANovember 9, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the patients. My main duties at Slidell Memorial Hospital was to stock the floors with the IV Fluids,syringes,catheters,etc...
Great place to advance
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAOctober 27, 2015
This is a wonderful place to learn new skills and advance in your career. The organization truly seeks to better its employees and offers opportunities for cross-training and advancement.
collect and maintain blood and body fluid samples to both inpatient and outpatient individuals.
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LASeptember 15, 2015
This was a rewarding job because it allowed me to ease the pain of those sick individuals needing a competent caring person to draw their blood with minimal pain.
Pros
4am shift start time
Cons
not much room for pay growth
love them
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LASeptember 2, 2015
I love them they are wonderful expecially the staff we all work together to make it a better place to be. they are kin loving and shows respect to all employees. everyone cares about everyone,
Pros
everything
Fast growing
Tech III days covering CT (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJuly 18, 2015
Busy place great patients:). Something new everyday. Fast paced with Great Radiologists to work for. Learned a lot very willing to teach about pathology. Radiologist encourages Technologists to learn more.
Good work environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAMay 30, 2015
lots of moving, good exercise. nice to be able to make a patient smile even though I was sticking a needle in their arm. the pleasure of interacting with so many people/patients daily.
Pros
controlled environment
Cons
on feet all day
Always somebody to help
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Slidell laApril 20, 2015
My typical work day consists of helping others. Making them better in the ill state and seeing the progress of them getting better.
Great experiances
Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LA.March 10, 2015
Supervised a staff of 20 plus phlebotomist. Worked many shifts than my own in order to cover open spots. Handled many difficulties within the phlebotomy staff. I enjoyed working for the company and learning many new techniques and meeting several new people.
Family atmosphere
Clinical Director of Women and Children Services (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 18, 2015
SMH is a wonderful place to work. Healthcare is going through many changes and in turn, so is SMH.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
healthcare changes
Wonderful Place to work
IT Director (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LADecember 7, 2014
Work for probably one of the best bosses I've ever worked for in my career. The organization has committed employees and strong leadership. Great place to work
Pros
pay was competitive, worked for a great boss who was tremendously passionate about the mission and set a great example.
Cons
no real staff development or leadership programs
Great place to work for.
ER Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LANovember 17, 2014
I loved working here. Great Hospital! They go above and beyond to ensure good customer service and patient care.
Great place to learn!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LANovember 17, 2014
I began working there as a float nurse. I learned so much from all of the people that I worked with. It was an enjoyable place to work!
The company believe in taking care of their employee as well as patients.
Nurse Advocacy/Care Navigate (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LASeptember 9, 2014
Great place to work very busy. I learn to take one day at a time for each day was different related to patient assigment, as well as staff given. I learn to know how to priorities the work assigned to me as well as be a leader who educated staff if did not know or understand their job description. Management was alway eager to listen and find solution to problems. The co-workers I work with always was willing to be flexible and shared the same love as I did for the patients and families, as well as each other. The hardess part of my job dealing with individuals who neglected their love ones. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I was able to educate the patient and family and receive positive feedback, as well as preceptor new graduate.
the hospital is deleting areas that are necessary to cover cost for new unneeded departments
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  slidell laAugust 5, 2014
this hospital will not last much longer without being bought out by another hospital. they spent oodles on new er and cardio wing but do not have enough patients to cover the cost they are the northshore charity we will not refuse anyone but we will lay off workers to cover those cost and in by doing so making this an inferior hospital.
Cons
constantly worring if you have a job the next day

Slidell Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location