Slim Chickens Employee Reviews

alright
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXNovember 10, 2017
you do not get any breaks and you work late hours. i get paid 8 and don't think that is enough because sometimes it would be just me and another person working front and drive thru
Work experience differs
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXNovember 7, 2017
Depending on who the manager is the work experience can be amazing or be extremely dreadful. The company does have great opportunities to move forward and continue to grow.
Pros
Growth, discount
Productive and fun to work and safe environment
Cook, Expo/Food Runner (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILNovember 6, 2017
I Love working there. It's very smooth and calm, there's no stress at all and team work is expressed so much you have help whenever you may feel overwhelmed overall it's an amazing work environment!
I like this company, but...
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKNovember 2, 2017
My experience working at Slim Chickens left me with mixed feelings. My managers often made me feel unimportant. Specifically, I have a negative memory of my managers walking into the drive through area laughing and talking loudly, something unrelated to work, making me lose focus while I was helping a customer through headset. Put my stress through the roof, as if the heat from the kitchen wasn’t enough. I helped open the store and I remember some guy from corporate being extremely rude to me, belittling me because I was the one being paid minimim wage. Just some thought. Great food, but at what cost?
Pros
Free kids meals, fun team members
Cons
Short breaks
It good for a first job
Instore trainer (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 24, 2017
For a first job for a kid its not bad. Nights are stressful because of the dinner rush. I would usually stay till 12-1 in the morning to clean just the dining area.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILOctober 24, 2017
the managers are really nice and understandable
i learned alot from slim chickens it taught me to be more patient
the hardest part of the job was trying to take as many orders you can and help the next customers without getting frustrated.
The most enjoyable part of working at slim chickens was the workplace was it taught me to never give on no matter what..
The managers was like family
Pros
discounts on lunch and sometime free lunch
Cons
30 min breaks
Work wasn't hard and the pay was decent for a part time worker, but management was very poor.
Expo (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 16, 2017
My day consisted of making wraps, sandwiches and packing boxes along with stocking. The actual job itself was not bad, nor was most of the employees. Most of the problems came from the night manager. The management as a whole, besides the GM, lacked structure and there was poor communication between management causing them to look inexperienced and lack structure. There was also the problem of laziness in the management. The manager spent an equal amount of time outside as he/she did inside. On a few accounts the manager was nowhere to be found.
Pros
Pay and workload
Excellent working environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 15, 2017
Slim Chickens is an excellent place to work with great management and ownership. I have enjoyed my time there and would recommend it to anyone wanting to work for this franchise.
I love my job
Front Counter Cashier (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 14, 2017
The Costumers I love interacting with the costumers and I love greeting them with a smile. Giving The Costumers a number so we know where the order go
Pros
50% discount
Cons
30 min breaks
Productive and fun work enviornment
Prep/Cook/Expo/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Moore, OKOctober 4, 2017
Everyday is filled with laughter, like a big family. We're only lacking attentive team members. But overall its a great environment to be in, I never mind going into work
Pros
free lunches
Cons
under staffed
Growing Company Transitioning into the Corporate World
Fry Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 25, 2017
While I did not enjoy my time at Slim's, I found the job quickly when I was unemployed and only left due to relocating to Fort Smith. Having been a small local business previously, I believe they are having a difficult time getting employees acclimated to corporate standards at home stores, while those same employees are being sent to new stores opening across the US and teaching the new hires.
Enjoyable Work
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 8, 2017
Slim Chickens is a great place to work. The atmosphere is great from the moment you step into the building. The work is fast paced but fun and enjoyable.
Terrible business with unprofessional managers
Expo (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 28, 2017
This was probably the worst company I could have worked for. I had multiple problems at this company and I consulted ALL of the managers about every one of them, and no one helped fix my problems at all. Not only that, they gave me terrible hours, and we would all work 7-8 hour shifts with no break whatsoever. And we still had NO employee discount. This was a terrible job and I would not recommend it to anyone.
Cons
No Breaks, bad pay, bad management, unprofessional atmosphere
Good
Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Weslaco, TXAugust 22, 2017
Good work, good pay, competitive pay, good bossman, I enjoy working here, coworkers are excellent, very good food, and last but not least very fast promotions
very efficient
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 21, 2017
very easy job. the managers are both great. i had to find another job because they overhired for the grand opening and nobody was getting enough hours. but if it werent for that, i would have stayed. it was a very nice place to work.
Pros
discount meals after clock out
Great staff and atmosphere
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 8, 2017
Good place to work, great atmosphere and great staff. Opportunities for advancement. Stores are extremely clean, the company has great growth potential and will be a household name soon.
N/a
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 2, 2017
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal
Productive, always busy.
Cook/Expo (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 22, 2017
Management is a little off. Fun work place, could use new equipment when needed. Overall okay, just not enough benefits. The coworkers are great to work with.
Productive and enjoyable experience
Expo/Cook (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJuly 19, 2017
Working here was one of my favorite jobs that I have had over the years. it wasn't like other restaurants that I have worked in. The crew for the most part is amazing and is a great group of kids. The management staff isn't always on the ball. There are a lot of times when guests have been wanting to speak to the manager and she or he has been sitting in the office since the shift started, and I'm sorry management should always be seen.
Pros
Free drinks, and time off
Cons
Long shifts No overtime ever Inconsiderate Managers.
Good work
Trainer and Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 17, 2017
Basic fast food work serving costumers in a fast an efficient manner. Fast paced environment. Learning curve not very difficult. Food prepping in the morning and preparing food the remainder of the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Slim Chickens. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5