As a strategic marketing manager, you will be a key contributor within a rapidly-growing organization, actively taking part in the planning, development and execution of day-to-day marketing strategy and advertising promotion implementation. You will work closely with company management and the internal marketing communications and design team in a fast-paced, always evolving environment, serving a key role in our continued growth and success.
The SlimGenics Director of Marketing will specifically be responsible for the development of innovative and differentiated marketing programs that provide leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth consistent with the company’s vision and values. The Director of Marketing will work with the Executive, Marketing, Creative and Field teams to develop go-to-market strategies and establish programs / promotions to increase and retain the customer base in line with the company’s business objectives.
Responsible for planning, developing and implementing all of the Organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communication materials, advertising, social media, employee communications and public relations activities, both external and internal. Develop strategy, execute programs, track performance, recommend new programs and tactics, and provide marketing support for center and online lead generation and business growth. The focus of this marketing position is to drive client leads, growth and retention while increasing revenue for existing units and facilitate the successful initial business ramp and growth of new units in new markets.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Directing the development of strategic marketing and messaging plans to stimulate sales, develop and improve brand image and awareness, and support the development of a lead pipeline using various forms of marketing methodologies including leveraging a lead nurturing strategy process to accurately target and communicate with prospects throughout the consideration / decision making process. Examples of the marketing mix include: database marketing, e-marketing, sales promotions, advertising, social media, public relations, events, alliances and sponsorships.
- Overseeing the internal marketing team and outside agencies in creating, implementing and measuring the success of: a comprehensive marketing, communications advertising and public relations program that will create demand (lead generation) and enhance the Organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public.
- Ensuring the articulation of the Company’s Brand and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Supporting brand strategies and corporate direction to the field in building the brand and building the unit level business. Ensure compliance to brand standards.
- Leading implementation of corporate marketing direction, programs and tactics. Design and launch consumer promotions through an integrated media mix including contemporary channels (e.g. social media, e-marketing, etc.)
- Working with Field in order to support campaigns and increase new client traffic and membership building efforts. Work with field area directors and center managers when appropriate to implement promotional marketing campaigns, promotional signage, targeted programs, and other key tactics.
- Driving results! Work with field and corporate operations to track and understand unit level marketing performance in the field and provide feedback/input to corporate marketing plan development for improved results.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization promotions, collateral and social media.
- Ensuring that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Directs and/or conducts comprehensive market research of supported markets and customer base to identify key trends, behaviors and preference.
- Developing consumer engagement strategy and plans
- Identifying and communicating key departmental responsibilities and processes to ensure the team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results
- Developing key business and community networks to support strategic programs, foster the company brand and build strategic contacts
Skills and Experience Required:
- A proven ability and project management experience to oversee all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities. Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of consumer / retail marketing, communications and public relations activities
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills. Strong work ethic and professional demeanor. Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel. Ability to build and develop productive marketing teams and to manage vendor relationships and performance.
- Team player, with positive attitude towards the creative process and strong understanding of consumer and business development marketing objectives
- Demonstrated successful experience in brand management, content assessment and approval, making presentations and negotiating with media and vendors as needed
- Proven success leveraging traditional and new media channels (e.g. games, social media, WoM, iPhone, etc.) to drive rapid awareness and adoption among a target market demographic.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications
- Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Strong analytical/statistical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a limited budget and a small team to achieve outstanding results. Must have superior writing and communication skills, strategic analysis, maturity to operate at VP and C-level.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree, masters degree preferred (or equivalent work experience)
- 5-10 years of management experience in RETAIL marketing or promotional agencies doing B2C work
- Progressive record of Field/ Promotional marketing success
- Ability to listen and learn, then lead and influence
- Good interpersonal skills, analytical skills and motivational skills
- Experience with media planning both traditional and online
- Experience in production including commercial, radio, video and event management
- Knowledge in a variety of marketing communications areas. Experience with marketing applications, e-marketing, Social Media Marketing and transactional websites
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ideal background is consumer service related to consumer goods, consumer packaged goods, retail category management, etc.
The Director of Marketing will be compensated with a compensation and benefits plan. Background check required.
Mutual respect, teamwork and service-leadership are the cornerstones upon which our company is built, and we are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity both in principle and as a matter of policy and practice in all aspects of employment. Please send resume along with salary requirements. No Phone Calls please.
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard