Slimstown Studios is looking for a skilled front end developer to help build out our mobile game discovery website. We recently launched the alpha version of the site, http://www.quyay.com, and are working to implement a more fully-featured and robust beta in the coming months. Our ideal candidate is a technically-oriented front end developer with experience in modern web development, who is excited to work with cutting edge technologies and is able to learn indepenently.
We are a fast-moving startup with a lean, tight-knit team, so our candidate must be self motivated, independent, and will take ownership of the front end.
- Work closely with lead developer to build features on the front end as they are implemented on the back end
- Work with graphic designer to translate mockups into functional web pages
- Execute tasks in a quick and efficient manner
- Adhere to "Web 2.0" UI and UX, creating simple and elegant user interfaces
- Identify problem areas and areas that need polish
- Help test and document features
- Experience working with HTML5, CSS3, and Cross-browser Compatibility
- Knowledge of Front End Optimization
- Ability to learn AngularJS
- 1-2 years of experience building the front ends of modern websites
- Experience with Nodejs, or interest in learning
- Experience/Interest with our tech stack: Riak Database, Nodejs REST API, AngularJS Front End
- Keeps up with modern design trends
- Experience with Less css or Twitter Bootstrap
- Graphic design talent, Adobe Photoshop, experience creating UI for websites.
Local applicants only, please.
Remote work in the Bay Area available only for exceptional candidates.
No recruiters. No phone calls.