Job Title: Systems Administrator/IT Support
Location: Monterey, CA
- Work with local and global peers and development teams to resolve internal-facing application issues
- Work with our internal and Helpdesk teams to resolve various IT issues at the company.
- Follow incident, problem, crisis and change management processes.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve technical problems relating to systems, network and database infrastructure.
- Work with global IT teams to assist in supporting global office IT infrastructure.
- Respond to telephone calls, email and personnel requests of technical support in a timely manner.
- Participate in an on-call schedule and available 24/7, as needed.
- Document, track, and communicate solutions to problems to the operations team.
- Maintain server, laptop and desktop images.
- Maintain Active Directory Environment
- A minimum of 4 years’ systems administration or industry equivalent experience
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems, including system installation / configuration, file system concepts, resource monitoring, user administration, package management, and process control / management
- Good understanding of networking principles and applications / technologies (e.g., TCP / UDP protocols, DNS, DHCP, GPO services)
- Knowledge of SAN and NAS principles, experience deploying and maintaining various storage solutions
- Expert knowledge of Dell enterprise server-class, laptop and desktop hardware.
- Intermediate knowledge of scripting / programming in any Power Shell or applicable language
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to train users on topics, provide presentations to an internal audience, write documentation, and interact positively with and receive direction from upper management
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with internal teams
- Able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 or 2010 experience
- Experience with enterprise backup / restore procedures
- A minimum of 3 years’ supporting VMware / Virtualization environments
- Experience administering Dell servers
- Database administration experience (SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle)
- ITIL framework and processes
- Enterprise configuration management solutions (SCCM or similar)
- Enterprise monitoring