Slomin's Employee Reviews

Shady shady shady
Central Station Operator (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMay 25, 2016
Shady Company ! , they will wave and smile at your face then fire you the next day with no warning ! I do not recommend at all !!!!
Productive workplace
Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYFebruary 1, 2015
A typical day at work is to call hundreds of potential customers for leads. I learned about the oil fluctuations. Management is good. Co-workers are nice people. The hardest part of the job is to write oil & alarm leads. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting bonuses on your pay check.
Pros
free food & bonuses on paychecks
Cons
healthcare, job security/advancement
central station
Central Station / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 4, 2015
some times busy, some times not so much, some times not enough people and its too much, everyday was a new adventure
Pros
good people
Cons
no breaks
typical call center
Highly organized employee (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYDecember 10, 2014
Slomin's has a swinging door policy. If you were to work there just make sure you do what your supposed to. Learn the office policies quickly.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
healthcare
Decent place
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJune 9, 2014
Wasn't horrible but I watched someone who was there before me sit on there phone and pretend to make calls and made no appointments. Its cold calling for alarm and oil heat, so yeah no one wants to talk to you.
Good company
Collections/Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  hicksville, nyMarch 3, 2014
Good company to of worked for. Receive a tremendous amount of corporate training and education
Productive and fun work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 22, 2014
My normal work day would include answer phone to sell or assist customers with security.I learned to work in may different environments and different sales techniques. My management was wonderful and became life long friends. Co-workers always polite and fun to work with. Hardest part of my job was having to go home after my shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting customers over the phone.
Pros
lots of overtime available
Cons
healthcare
temporary customer service job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJuly 11, 2013
temporary customer service job, but gained additional experience in the customer service field.
Pros
great compensation and benefits, well rounded workplace/call center.
Cons
temporary position
Great people to work for & with
NATIONAL CREDIT AND COLLECTIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYFebruary 9, 2013
This was my first position as a Credit Manager. I enjoyed my time at Slomis
Fast paced technologically sound evrironment
Appointment Taker (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYFebruary 3, 2013
A typical day at work consists of logging in to the network database of prospective clients, placing a high volume of phone calls and hoping for the best responses. I learned how to cater my telemarketing pitch on the fly based on the flow of each conversation.
Management served to motivate and inspire to psychologically get staff past the rejections. My co-workers were interesting. The hardest part of the job was staying motivated through the above 95% rejection rate. The most enjoyable part of the job was successfully getting new clients.

2.8