Slomin's

Slomin's Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Appointment Setter (Current Employee), Hicksville, NYFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: free food & bonuses on paychecks
Cons: healthcare, job security/advancement
A typical day at work is to call hundreds of potential customers for leads. I learned about the oil fluctuations. Management is good. Co-workers are nice people. The hardest part of the job is to write oil & alarm leads. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting bonuses on your pay check.
central station
Central Station / Dispatcher (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: no breaks
some times busy, some times not so much, some times not enough people and its too much, everyday was a new adventure
typical call center
Highly organized employee (Current Employee), Hicksville, NYDecember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Cons: healthcare
Slomin's has a swinging door policy. If you were to work there just make sure you do what your supposed to. Learn the office policies quickly.
Decent place
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYJune 9, 2014
Wasn't horrible but I watched someone who was there before me sit on there phone and pretend to make calls and made no appointments. Its cold calling for alarm and oil heat, so yeah no one wants to talk to you.
Good company
Collections/Finance Manager (Former Employee), hicksville, nyMarch 3, 2014
Good company to of worked for. Receive a tremendous amount of corporate training and education
Productive and fun work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime available
Cons: healthcare
My normal work day would include answer phone to sell or assist customers with security.I learned to work in may different environments and different sales techniques. My management was wonderful and became life long friends. Co-workers always polite and fun to work with. Hardest part of my job was having to go home after my shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting customers over the phone.
temporary customer service job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYJuly 11, 2013
Pros: great compensation and benefits, well rounded workplace/call center.
Cons: temporary position
temporary customer service job, but gained additional experience in the customer service field.
Great people to work for & with
NATIONAL CREDIT AND COLLECTIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYFebruary 9, 2013
This was my first position as a Credit Manager. I enjoyed my time at Slomis
Fast paced technologically sound evrironment
Appointment Taker (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYFebruary 3, 2013
A typical day at work consists of logging in to the network database of prospective clients, placing a high volume of phone calls and hoping for the best responses. I learned how to cater my telemarketing pitch on the fly based on the flow of each conversation.
Management served to motivate and inspire to psychologically get staff past the rejections. My co-workers were interesting. The hardest part of the job was staying motivated through the above 95% rejection rate. The most enjoyable part of the job was successfully getting new clients.