Slomin's Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Temporary Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJune 5, 2017
Was a good place to work but hours interfered with school. I liked the work in marketing. It was fast paced and challenging. I found that I enjoyed the work.
Not worth the headache
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMay 24, 2017
I worked there briefly in the summer, the advertised salary is not what they will pay. They blatantly told me during the interview, that the $15/hr was arbitrary. The job consists of calling random people in the area and trying to convince them to have someone come by to demonstrate the security systems. As you're calling people during the time that they get home from work, they are understandably very upset when to be receiving telemarketing calls. Often times the computer would call the same people several times a week. Most of the managers were not friendly and approachable, but the other coworkers were very kind and helpful. I was told the dress code was business casual, yet people would dress in jeans and t-shirts without an issue.
Pros
kind coworkers, close to home
Cons
unfriendly managment, angry "customers"
Makes a lot of calls.
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMay 17, 2017
Have to make a lot of calls. Have to deal with mean calls sometimes. Have to get appointments very important. If turn into a sale can get commission. Management is nice, but firm.
Fun Workout place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMay 8, 2017
I learned a lot from Slomins such as how to promote their products such as oil, home security, and gas. It was a very relaxed environment. It was a very productive few years there for me
Pros
Learned how to be in sales
Cons
No cons
This was a tough job as most sales jobs can be
Departmental Director (Former Employee) –  Holtsville, NYMay 5, 2017
The managers in each individual offices were great, but the executives could be rude. And I feel that they made a lot of mistakes in an effort to save money, which usually backfired.
Pros
The executives didn't show up at each off often
Cons
The executives were very difficult to work with
not worth it
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYApril 27, 2017
its a call center setting and it is solely based on performance and irritating potential customers during odd hours of the night for oil and/ or alarm services.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
very misleading sales positions
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 22, 2017
Slomin's is located to South Florida Boca Raton and then one of the worst sales people I've ever seen in the industry
so beware.
I'm in the industry over 30 years and I've never seen such a bunch of idiots in my life
So Beware
Pros
Keep away
Cons
very deceitful embarrassing to the industry
Hard work, but it is worth it
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYDecember 14, 2016
the hardest part of this job is having to work in the pouring rain extreme cold and at night. you work six days a week and only have one day off which is a Tuesday on the weekdays you work from 11:50 to 8:30 at night and on the weekends you work from 9-9. If you have a social life you wont have one working this job.
Pros
great pay
Cons
short breaks and long hours on your feet
Awful company
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hopatcong, NJNovember 30, 2016
They told me id be working in hopactong than told me i would be working in east brunswick thats an hour and a half drive everyday! Lied about the position location and managment is poor they sit in a van and make you harrass and knock on peoples doors plus they gave me only 5 hours a day
Pros
15 an hour
Cons
Not enough hours, poor managment, lied about position
Not enough hours
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYNovember 29, 2016
Small, quick work day. That is why I eventually quit. I worked about 4 hours a day 5 days a week and that is not enough to support myself. I would sit on the phone for 4 hours straight phone call after phone call setting appointments for home owners to have a worker come by their home and present our products.
Pros
kitchen available and nice work space.
Shady shady shady
Central Station Operator (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMay 25, 2016
Shady Company ! , they will wave and smile at your face then fire you the next day with no warning ! I do not recommend at all !!!!
Cons
family run company that got too big for them to handle
field sales (Former Employee) –  hicksvilleMarch 22, 2015
You are Dumped in a neighborhood to knock on doors and get door slammed in your face. Most people that have had slomins in the past have nothing good to say. You have to work in all types of weather. Rain snow/blizzard. Pay is ok if you don't have a family. This is definitely not a job if you have physical limitations because of all the walking.. all management does is sit in a van and tell you to sell. And after you make a sale you only get a $25 commision..
Pros
benefits. weekly pay
Cons
poor management, bad commission structure, long hours.
Productive workplace
Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYFebruary 1, 2015
A typical day at work is to call hundreds of potential customers for leads. I learned about the oil fluctuations. Management is good. Co-workers are nice people. The hardest part of the job is to write oil & alarm leads. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting bonuses on your pay check.
Pros
Free Food & Bonuses on paychecks
Cons
Healthcare, Job Security/Advancement
central station
Central Station / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 4, 2015
some times busy, some times not so much, some times not enough people and its too much, everyday was a new adventure
Pros
good people
Cons
no breaks
typical call center
Highly organized employee (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYDecember 10, 2014
Slomin's has a swinging door policy. If you were to work there just make sure you do what your supposed to. Learn the office policies quickly.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
healthcare
Decent place
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJune 9, 2014
Wasn't horrible but I watched someone who was there before me sit on there phone and pretend to make calls and made no appointments. Its cold calling for alarm and oil heat, so yeah no one wants to talk to you.
Good company
Collections/Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  hicksville, nyMarch 3, 2014
Good company to of worked for. Receive a tremendous amount of corporate training and education
Productive and fun work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 22, 2014
My normal work day would include answer phone to sell or assist customers with security.I learned to work in may different environments and different sales techniques. My management was wonderful and became life long friends. Co-workers always polite and fun to work with. Hardest part of my job was having to go home after my shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting customers over the phone.
Pros
Lots of overtime available
Cons
Healthcare
temporary customer service job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJuly 11, 2013
temporary customer service job, but gained additional experience in the customer service field.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits, well rounded workplace/call center.
Cons
temporary position
Great people to work for & with
NATIONAL CREDIT AND COLLECTIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYFebruary 9, 2013
This was my first position as a Credit Manager. I enjoyed my time at Slomis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Slomin's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9