Founded in 2009, Slow Money works at the intersection of sustainable agriculture and the new financial models to support it. Slow Money’s vision is to enhance food security, food safety and food access; improve nutrition and health; promote cultural, ecological and economic diversity; and accelerate the transition from an economy based on extraction and consumption to an economy based on preservation and restoration. The Director of Development will report to Founder Woody Tasch. The candidate should have at least 5 years of development experience with a history or demonstrated interest in sustainable agriculture. Slow Money’s offices are based in the foothills of Boulder, CO.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Founder Woody Tasch, the Director of Development will spearhead development efforts as Slow Money continues to grow. A newly created position in a start up organization, the Director will have the opportunity to lead the build out and execution of this department. The Director of Development will serve as a member of the senior leadership in developing strategic objectives and systems that promote Slow Money's values and mission.
- The development and execution of an annual development plan with a focus on high end individuals, major foundation seed funding, as well as communications
- Serve as the lead point of contact for major donors, current and prospective
- The development and implementation of a grant funding program, including grant sourcing, writing and building an annual application and reporting calendar
- The development, creation, and execution of fundraising events
- Training and supporting the Founder and Board members in their cultivation activities
- The identification and implementation of a donor database (Raiser’s Edge or other donor software)
- Ensuring timely and accurate gift entry and generation of acknowledgement letters and other donor recognition
- Generating in a timely manner the necessary reports and analysis to Founder and Board for effective planning.
- Ensuring the creation and adherence to code of ethics; ensures ethical and appropriate financial administration of contributed income.
- Development professional (at least 5 years experience) with a proven track record of successful fundraising experience
- Ability to lead and develop infrastructure within a start up organization
- Clear understanding of philanthropic trends and industry trends and issues
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and budgeting
- Experience with a significant funding campaign (capital campaign or other)
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills (latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and donor database skills, with implementation experience
- Collaborates effectively with others, bringing together community members and stakeholders for positive collaboration.
- Works with accuracy and attention to detail to meet deadlines.
How to Apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until February 22, 2013. Please send a resume and detailed cover letter with the subject line “Director of Development.”
No phone calls please.
For more information: http://www.slowmoney.org/
About Slow Money
Founded in 2009, Slow Money works at the intersection of sustainable agriculture and the new financial models to support...