Slumberland Employee Reviews

Work
Warehouse/Driver Asst (Current Employee) –  Little Canada, MNJuly 9, 2016
Love the job great people to work with enjoy traveling all over Minnesota and Wisconsin
Benefits are alittle high for Health Care
Very productive place to work and fun people to work with
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Baxter, MNMay 11, 2016
On a normal day we would unload corporate truck and load the delivery trucks. By the end of the day we made calls for next days deliveries. On occasion we would be allowed to play sports outside in the downtime.
good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAApril 5, 2016
Good place to work, people are friendly with great customer service.
Management needs improvement but overall great company to work for.
Good company great employee discount
Delivery Driver Assistance (Current Employee) –  Little Canada, MNMarch 8, 2016
a lot of heavy lifting i learned teamwork and how to get things done my coworkers are hardworkers with a lot of experience the best thing about the job is that i stay busy and on the go
Pros
good discount
Cons
not good for my back
Great company that vaues employees and community
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAFebruary 3, 2016
Very good company to work for that has many long term employees. You must be willing to work all weekends with a typical shift being 8 to 11 hours. Good compensation for level of stress at work. A lot of potential for advancement.
It is always good to see people buy new things that they worked so hard for.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work is always having a smile on your face and having fun with the customers.I learned that you purchase new items and the customer wants to be happy.Management wants the customer to be happy and to come see them again in the future.My co-workers were fun to work with and it was a family atmosphere.The hardest part of the job is when you come a cross customers that no one can make them happy.The most enjoyable part of the job is getting compliments from the customer and them telling you that they had a good experience and that they will come back to the store.
Pros
Getting to meet new people.
Cons
Not that great of pay per hour.
Overall a great Place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIOctober 21, 2015
Furniture Sales is a ton of fun. The hours can be grueling, but the co-workers always made being there for 11 hours fun. Not a lot of room for advancement however. So, if you're happy with status-quo then it's a good option.
Well Organized Slumberland Corporation
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Eveleth, MNOctober 10, 2015
Slumberland Corporation is a very well organized, lean core, organization. Inventory is maintained for ordering and advertising excels in print and TV. Very proud to manage a Slumberland franchise store.
Pros
Enjoy assisting customers with their purchases
Cons
No advancement opportunities with franchised company
High Sales of Furniture on a daily basis
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDSeptember 9, 2015
Retail Sales of Furniture using Sales Techniques in a retail
store, Customer Service, product knowledge and selling to the
public.
Pros
High Commisisions
Cons
High Sales one Month next month not as much up and down
Horrible hours
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIAugust 27, 2015
Work times were 7am until we got done. That could range from 10am until as late as 7pm. Hours varied so much it was impossible to get a steady 40 hours a week.
Worthwhile employment while in school
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 25, 2015
Bloomington Slumberland was an excellent place to work while I was finishing up my degree. I had a great manager who was easy and fun to work with. My hours were fair both flexible and enough to earn a respectable paycheck.
Relaxed job environment
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILAugust 12, 2015
The overall job pace varied but for the most part it was slow with plenty of down time to clean and take care of secondary job duties.
Enjoyed meeting the customers and helping them
Merchandising - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, MNJuly 2, 2015
I liked to work at Slumberland but they had to lay me off due to lack of work. I would put furniture together, clean the warehouse and show room. Stage the show room and dust. Co-workers were fine to work with.
The best boss and atmosphere ever!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJune 20, 2015
Enjoyed selling and assisting people. The owner and office manager were the best. Very positive environment. Was able to use my design background to assist people with room makeovers.
Pros
Great management.
Cons
Never a weekend off. Missed all family events.
very fun environment to work in..
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  County Rd PH, Onalaska, Wi. 54650June 9, 2015
In the morning we would load the work truck with the scheduled days deliveries. I learned about saftey in loading expensive merchandise. The hardest part of the job was lifting extremely heavy furniture carefully through hallways, and up and down stairs. My favorite part was just how many good people i worked with in my time there.
Great work environment...fun place to work.
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 28, 2015
One of the best parts about this position are my co-workers who are fun and easy to work with. Plus things are always kept interesting as new products are introduced every month, and the sales floor is fast paced most of the time with each customer interaction creating a unique experience that keeps the job fresh.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNApril 29, 2015
A day at work at Slumberland can vary; however, it is not always the same. It creates a fun atmosphere to work, and working with the customers really builds a sense of communication.
Positive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hayward, WIApril 15, 2015
"I Loved it here" I was a great learning experience for me. My manager was very understanding when he was teaching me the sales program and the computer system we used. He would set up goals for all us sales to try to meet by the end of the month and it made it fun and enjoyable. I enjoyed being there
Fast paced selling environment
Sales Associate II (Current Employee) –  RosevilleApril 7, 2015
I have worked my way up from warehouse to Sales Associate II within company. All sales jobs are strictly commission based, very rewarding if you are up for the challenge. Management is good with nearly everyone working their way through sales into management. Hardest part is working retail hours. Most enjoyable part is great team environment and a small business atmosphere. Overall a great place to work.
very good company to work for
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 11, 2015
Slumberland is a great company to work for very fair and honest management team with great bennifits. The work environment is very strong team orientated .