SMA Employee Reviews

Certified Medical Assistant
Certified Medical Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Henderson,NVqOctober 21, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working with United Health Group who owns SMA, is there benefits package is unbeatable.
The management is a little unstructured to many other Health Facilities.
They offer tuition reimbursement but no flexibility to attend school and do no offer accommodations to go part time.
Benefits
Cons
Improper Management
Productive and Fun Place to Work
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Temple Hill MDApril 17, 2016
I come into the restaurant and work a 12 hour day, 5 days a week, Wednesday through Sunday.
Managers have to wear so many hats these days to help keep costs down in the operation.
The ideal restaurant manager would be an accomplished electrician, plumber, handyman and gardener. They would have an accounting degree, culinary arts degree, a Masters in business, and be bilingual.
First Article Inspector
First Article inspector (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 27, 2016
Measure First Article Samples in Miillmeter and inches. Worked on our own with co-workers. Management send duties to us thought email. and a enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Able to grow and improve with new specifications with management
Cons
Some slow days at work.
Claims Specialist, Insurance Claims Clerks (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJune 1, 2015
Just wish job security was better.
A lot of permanent employee benefits.
A lot of perks for permanent employees
You are trained for every position,
Pros
cafeteria, make own work schedule
Cons
job security
Great environment
President (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 14, 2015
Independent contractor. I am a consultant for the city of Pittsburgh and a few small start up business's. I have subcontractors available as well as third party associates.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
team environment
Organized and well communicating company
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 12, 2015
Come into work, clock into work 5 minutes early everyday than go stretch for about 5 minutes, wait for supervisor to inform us on what needs to be done by the end of the day and what we need to do better to accomplish our goal for the day. Sometimes it would be a little hard to reach those goals due to the fact that there were new employees coming everyday, so them not being trained would set us back a little, but after a little communication we would get back on track. Sometimes management was a little off track and not well organized and they would not inform us that we would have to stay for overtime untill 30 minutes before our shift was up but i never minded to stay either. Co-Workers were great people to work with, when one did not know what to do they would help you and help untill you understand how to do it. The hardest part of the job would be to get back on track when we would recieve the wrong order or shipments were not sent out the day before it would make us fall behind and we would have to stay later to complete our orders. The best part of the job were the nice people you worked with everyday, they would make the day go by fast, they were really helpful, the vibe in the enviorment felt good it made it a nie place to be.
Cons
short breaks would not get full break, want you to start work before break ends, supervisors and managers are not good with communicating.
Review
Solar Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoAugust 9, 2012
I work at SMA as a High voltage test. SMA is a great place to work for. I had learn many thing there that will better me for which even jobs that I'll work for in the feature. I really enjoy working there. I was only working as a term to haired and I got lay off. Most of all I like working as a caregiver or a patient care more. I like to help my patient to be better in their life and help them with whatever that they need help with. Patient is always my first priority job and safety.
Pros
free lunch some day.
Cons
good company to work for and a fun place to grown with.
Accounting rep
Patient Concierge (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2012
I am professional, organized, and hard working. As the CEO and owner of SMA. I was allowed the time and skills that I obtained in the work force to create an avenue for another job in the industry.
Big company to work for.
Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 8, 2012
People were helpful there. Management was helpful. This company was taken over by The OATH.
Productive and fun at the workplace
Summer Maintenance Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2014
Well a typical day at work was like any other day. I would learn about different plants and how they grow. Me working at my job was fun my co-workers was like family more than employees.
Pros
the fresh air
Cons
short breaks
Growing Company
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJanuary 12, 2013
Relaxed working environment in Kingwood, TX
Agile workflow
Pros
small company with growth potential
Cons
lack of performance reviews
customized cars for stars
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 3, 2014
great place to work, till the economy dropped out and gm laid off 35000 people and we closed
Pros
i had helped put many custom cars in magazines