Small Business Administration Employee Reviews

Poor Managers and suppervisors
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAMay 18, 2017
Government Job with poor management, supervisors are not consistent, or professional. They do not promote people fairly. the corporate culture is bad.
Fullfilling
Loan Officer/Processor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 8, 2017
Let work feeling that people were being helped by what I was doing for them. Victims were thankful and expressed that to me and other employees. Employees were happy to assist each other to achieve the goals of getting customers into a home as soon as possible.
Pros
proper computer programs to make information available.
Cons
Temporary when disaster loans complete, lay offs began
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2017
This is a great company to work for, Lots of travel and focus on helping rebuild communities following disasters. Diverse group of coworkers and clients.
Great Company
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Great Company. Federal Company trying to assist Families who had been affected by natural disasters by destroying their properties.
Cons
Long hours away from home but a good experience
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Six months away from home was difficult, but it was no surprise. Being sort of immersed in life withj co-workers was a little difficult but not unbearable. Compensation was adequate especially considering overtime. All in all a good experience and an excellent opportunity to see a part of the country I would otherwise have been unlikely to visit.
Pros
good pay, seeing new places
Cons
away from home and family for extended period
The Small Business Administration is a Federal Government Agency
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 12, 2016
As I recall, the SBA was a place where I worked for a short time many years ago. I feel that it was unusual, even for that time, that people were allowed to smoke at their desks, which made for an uncomfortable environment at that time.
Great Temp job
Customer Service Representative/ US Government (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 8, 2016
I really enjoyed my experience here. I was able to network and learn a few new things from the IT staff here. I liked the pace of the work and the employees I worked with.
Pros
experience
Cons
temp position
Not the typical job
Construction Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJuly 21, 2016
Loved the job, applicants. and business owners great to work with.Traveled nationwide with Core team to determine damages from Natural Disasters. Determine Fair Market Value to homes, businesses and personal property, with damage or total  destruction and determine damages to machinery, equipment, inventory, furniture, fixtures  and supplies Able to determine foundation types, such as slab, crawlspace, or pier/beam.  Able to determine types of framing, insulation, various types of sidings, Roofing types, electrical services, sewer/septic and HVAC systems, Able to measure fencing, square footage  Of landscaping, footage for seawalls, as well as different types of construction, and other land improvements.  Experienced in the use of Marshall And Swift Cost Estimators, and other construction estimators,  Also experienced in all aspects of drawing of home plans  Or design of businesses or developments on computer programs
Pros
working inside and outside
Cons
meeting thier quotas
Analytical, Productive, Professional, Fun Environment
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 12, 2016
SBA(Small Business Administration) was a very rewarding experience, because it allowed me the ability to help borrowers with loans via FEMA for residents and business owners after natural disasters.
Pros
No Micro Managing
Cons
Mandatory OT was almost daily.
unsatisfactory
Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 29, 2015
Poor leadership lacked ethics and integrity. lack of communication staff always felt like they were in limbo and could not trust leaderships rhetoric.
Pros
free publlic transportation
Cons
poor leadership
Small Business Administration
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 29, 2015
Excellent working conditions in a critical position assisting disaster victims at a time of distress utilizing people skills in the most fragile of circumstances.
Hours
Scanner Technician/ Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 30, 2015
I loved this job it was contract and the work was simple. This job gave me the opportunity to help people who had lost so much in disasters. I took calls and scanned very important docs for the company
Sba
Property Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 15, 2015
Ensure Government property where disposed accordingly. I'll update SBA's inventory system are aligned with what is on hand within the organization.
Productive work place
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 10, 2015
I really love working with the Small Business Administration
it was a life time experience for me. Unfortunately I had to resign
for personal reasons
Pros
Cross training a plus
Cons
Wonderful health benefits
Great Mangament
Clerk II/Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAApril 21, 2015
I love this place, and I wish I never left. Great management, great people. Great learning environment! I would go back if they asked me.
Cons
Productive and fun place to twork
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76155April 8, 2015
Approve or Deny Federal home loans by looking at credit reports and financial reports. Did this online. Did over 60 loans per day. On 1-5-2013, I had the most loans reviewed in Department. The pay was great there and it was a federal govt position. Co-worker's were great.
Hardest part was getting a deal to work towowards the end of the assignment.I am an analylitical person. The best part of the job was the great pay and a good manager.
Pros
pay
Cons
Getting deals to work towards the end of Assignment
Great people and the work was great learn about Mortgage Loans.
Program Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Worked the Sandy disaster relief, review applications for Mortgage loans. (Home and Business)
Pros
Great employee.
Cons
Worked very long hours, 12 hour days, 7 day per week.
I really loved this job.
Program Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
•Assists in the formulation of the Boots2Business (B2B) budget
•Arranges travel and provides logistic support for B2B collaboration activities
•Represents SBA on Veteran Employment Initiative working group for data sharing
•Collects and processes data from program delivery instructors to prepare briefings and informational products
Loan Servicing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 30, 2014
I enjoyed the staff and management, and assisting customers with their disaster loan servicing.The relaxed dress code and flexible work schedule.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
advancement
Productive work was acheived
FINANCIAL DATABASE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 7, 2014
This is a great place to work for that really helps small businesses get up and running.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Small Business Administration. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3