Small Business Administration Employee Reviews in United States

Not the typical job
Construction Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJuly 21, 2016
Loved the job, applicants. and business owners great to work with.Traveled nationwide with Core team to determine damages from Natural Disasters. Determine Fair Market Value to homes, businesses and personal property, with damage or total  destruction and determine damages to machinery, equipment, inventory, furniture, fixtures  and supplies Able to determine foundation types, such as slab, crawlspace, or pier/beam.  Able to determine types of framing, insulation, various types of sidings, Roofing types, electrical services, sewer/septic and HVAC systems, Able to measure fencing, square footage  Of landscaping, footage for seawalls, as well as different types of construction, and other land improvements.  Experienced in the use of Marshall And Swift Cost Estimators, and other construction estimators,  Also experienced in all aspects of drawing of home plans  Or design of businesses or developments on computer programs
Pros
working inside and outside
Cons
meeting thier quotas
Productive work place
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 10, 2015
I really love working with the Small Business Administration
it was a life time experience for me. Unfortunately I had to resign
for personal reasons
Pros
Cross training a plus
Cons
Wonderful health benefits
Loves doing transcription and clerical work
Clerical/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2014
Transcribed work from Dictaphone and sometimes orally. Main work was transcribing beginning and typing and copying or faxing materials as necessary. Job was great atmosphere and had great benefits. Hardest part of job was sometimes the Dictaphones would not work correctly and had to wait for it to be repaired or get a new one. Of course, job positions changed due to promotions throughout the five years there.

Changed jobs to EPA for promotion. Became Secretary for Branch Officer. Performed any type clerical work as deemed necessary. Also, was responsible for handling anything in office while Branch Manager was out.

Work a total of eleven years for Federal Government.
Pros
great people and benefits
Cons
machines may not work properly
An excellent U.S> Governmental Agency to work for.
Senior Attorney Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 30, 2014
the SBA Office of Disaster Assistance is an excellent Agency to work for. At times the there are long hours and seven day workweeks but you know that the person at the other end of the telephone is a disaster victim that may have lost everything and that you are perhaps their main hope who can provide assistance getting their lives back together. As an attorney, you are called on to think in the alternative and help a victim to overcome the worst event in their lives.

Each day, you have the opportunity to bing home to the victims the reality of the dollars you are lending to thm is a return of the dollars they have paid to the IRS. You also realize those tax dollars are also the dollars that are oaying your salary.
Pros
overall a great place to work
Cons
realizing that local, state & federal agencies do not always cooperate to aid the disaster victims, the above issue is not one you can solve.
Fast paced and Productive work environment
Loan Officer /Field CSR (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJanuary 18, 2014
A typical day consists of a 10 hour work day assisting individuals and business owners who have been affected by disaster. Training and coaching new employees on the guidelines from state to state, rules and regulations, and government policies for economic recovery. I work exceptionally hard to achieve customer goals which are to assist them in recovering from physical and personal loss occurring from natural disasters. The hardest part of the job are to see how much people suffer and are traumatized by losing everything. The greatest reward is by helping them recover. I take pleasure in exceeding company goals by assisting victims start their journey of recovery.
Pros
helping clients
Cons
no benefits
Great place to work. People helping people. I love it!
Clerical-Loans & Legal (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJune 10, 2014
I went from working in the jacketing department, putting together the necessary documents in a folder regarding individual claims for disaster assistance from floods and hurricane disasters around the world. I later moved to the legal division where I was in charge of file control for the attorney and inputting data for computerized mail into the system. The hardest part was leaving the job. They relocated. It was very rewarding.
Pros
everything was in the building, you could purchase your lunch, and find a quiet area to relax, or do some walking.
Cons
no medical benefits. temporary position. they eventually moved to buffalo, ny and then texas
Analytical, Productive, Professional, Fun Environment
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 12, 2016
SBA(Small Business Administration) was a very rewarding experience, because it allowed me the ability to help borrowers with loans via FEMA for residents and business owners after natural disasters.
Pros
No Micro Managing
Cons
Mandatory OT was almost daily.
unsatisfactory
Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 29, 2015
Poor leadership lacked ethics and integrity. lack of communication staff always felt like they were in limbo and could not trust leaderships rhetoric.
Pros
free publlic transportation
Cons
poor leadership
Sba
Administrative Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 6, 2012
SBA is a very good place to work beacause it has very good benefits.We were a team who worked together.I learned how to help people that are in need.Management was determine to have the best that we could give.I worked with all types of people and we worked well together.The hardest part of the job was working in the CEO office when they were out.The most enjoyable part was that I enjoyed meeting people of all kinds.
Pros
had federal holidays off
Cons
good health beneifits
Small Business Administration
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 29, 2015
Excellent working conditions in a critical position assisting disaster victims at a time of distress utilizing people skills in the most fragile of circumstances.
Hours
Scanner Technician/ Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 30, 2015
I loved this job it was contract and the work was simple. This job gave me the opportunity to help people who had lost so much in disasters. I took calls and scanned very important docs for the company
Great learning experience
Legal Assistant / Date Entry (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAMarch 25, 2013
This was a great learning experience to have due to learning different computer programs as well as working in different areas of the office.
Pros
great benefits, learning experience
Cons
temporary position not much job security
Sba
Property Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 15, 2015
Ensure Government property where disposed accordingly. I'll update SBA's inventory system are aligned with what is on hand within the organization.
Productive and fun place to twork
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76155April 8, 2015
Approve or Deny Federal home loans by looking at credit reports and financial reports. Did this online. Did over 60 loans per day. On 1-5-2013, I had the most loans reviewed in Department. The pay was great there and it was a federal govt position. Co-worker's were great.
Hardest part was getting a deal to work towowards the end of the assignment.I am an analylitical person. The best part of the job was the great pay and a good manager.
Pros
pay
Cons
Getting deals to work towards the end of Assignment
Loan
Support loan specialist (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 29, 2014
• Support loan specialist and senior management team members with daily task.
• Respond to clients and lenders regarding loan support and servicing questions regarding SBA 7(a), 8(a), PLP loan, and many other SBA loans.
• Assist lenders in answering questions pertaining to Liquidation Purchase Package using SOP 50 51 3.
• Notify lenders on missing documents regarding the SBA guaranty package.
• Review and confirm documents prior to submitting the loan for review to legal and financial.
• Provide outstanding customer service to lenders and borrowers.
• Using Guaranty Purchase Tracking System (GPTS) and Master Track.
• Review documents and procedures within the Regular 7(a) Guaranty Purchase Package
Pros
na
Loan Servicing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 30, 2014
I enjoyed the staff and management, and assisting customers with their disaster loan servicing.The relaxed dress code and flexible work schedule.
Pros
relaxed work environment
Cons
advancement
Excellent opportunity
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 6, 2013
Excellent opportunity to learn different aspects of the mortgage Lending and underwriting abilities under the Federal Government tutelage. What I appreciated most about the job was the "hands off approach" to managing employees, we were trained, given files to make decisions on the customers repayment ability: I did not experience a supervisor breathing down my neck. The SBA environment and it's management team were professional and fun to work with. The Hardest part about the job was working 10 to 12 hours a day for seven days a week. However, I made some really good friends.
Pros
dress code relaxed, pay
Cons
working 10 to 12 hours a day for seven days a week & 45min lunch
Great Mangament
Clerk II/Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAApril 21, 2015
I love this place, and I wish I never left. Great management, great people. Great learning environment! I would go back if they asked me.
Cons
Great people and the work was great learn about Mortgage Loans.
Program Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Worked the Sandy disaster relief, review applications for Mortgage loans. (Home and Business)
Pros
great employee.
Cons
worked very long hours, 12 hour days, 7 day per week.
Excellent place to be at.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 22, 2013
I really enjoyed my job with SBA wish I was still there. Unfortunately, my assignment ended and it was time to shot us down. A typical day there was, get in do your job and then go home. No one bugging you, messing with you. It was great! Co-workers were great! Management knew what they were doing and were helpful. What I wouldn't give to be back there.
Pros
great pay and great people.
Cons
assignment ended and i was out of a job!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Small Business Administration. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4