Small World Labs Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Solid, but now owned by Personify
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2016
SWL provided me with a great development opportunity -- with one of the steepest learning curves I've ever experienced. I wasn't able to do too much in terms of large feature creation, but I was able to change processes with management that supported the best way, not their way, of doing things.

The new management's capabilities remains to be seen
Pros
Unlimited vacation days, extremely flexible schedule
Cons
New regime is heavy corporate vs. SWL's startup mentality. Management not responsive to e-mails.
Rewarding Place to Work
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Every day at Small World Labs matters, every project matters. I enjoy working here because what I do has so much impact on my colleagues, our clients and most importantly, our end users.

As a Product Manager at Small World Labs I engage with everybody at the company. It is a very open environment which is great for collaboration and yields results that are beneficial to all of us.

Management understands where the company needs to be and is focused on getting it there and beyond. We all work towards these goals and agree that they are the best for the company, clients and users.

The people we work with (our clients) are good organizations with awesome people as well. We have great working relationships with them and they are willing to recommend us for our product and what we represent as a company.

I have learned a lot while working here, and look forward to continue learning and growing professionally with the company.
Pros
great product, open environment, management, client base
Cons
commute on 360 can be terrible
Pretty nice place to work
Director of Sales, M (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 11, 2012
Senior Management is open and listens to its employees. Down side is it is a start up and job security is subject to volatility in the market place.
Pros
open door policy with management.
Cons
never felt like job security was there.

4.3