Smart Warehousing Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Smart Warehousing has leads to multiple opportunities in the workplace. They encourage growth and hard work. The culture is very relaxed and has a family type setting. Everyone gets along well and is rewarded with corporate activities!
Incompetent management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJuly 2, 2017
The place is run by family members who are not concerned with safety or quality. They allow family members to disregard policies and when employees point this out they are pushed out. Lack of communication. Poor judgement and morale. If you want an unsafe facility to work this is your place. Management believes in cliques and if you don't fit in their clique you aren't a good worker. If you are part of their clique you get to have drunk parties at the owners house on the weekends.
Pros
Coworkers.
Cons
No breaks lack of safety and quality concerns and judgmental/hypocritical management.
great warehouse job with awesome staff
small partial logistics coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARFebruary 25, 2017
I loved the people and the environment. I loved not wearing a uniform and working with the forklifts and processing systems. They store and send awesome products too that you get to learn about. They buy lunch often and have small drawings, I won an awesome chair and a ton of other things! I loved this job!
Pros
employee appreciation, great staff, no uniforms!
Cons
staffing agency, no ac
Work
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INDecember 11, 2016
Looking, Called me Indirect ,no benefits, otherwise ok, nice group out in the of people shop. a couple of people up front could have done a better job of listening
Okay place to work with good management.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 27, 2016
Good starting job. It is a job that can teach a lot but does not have much room to climb higher. Good management on location but seems to be a gap when reaching headquarters.
Productive and fun workplace.
Lead Person (Former Employee) –  KSJanuary 30, 2015
Opening warehouse and checking forklifts,Pulling orders,Loading trucks,Rotating stock,cycle counts and wrapping orders to be shipped Via truck line and ups.
Pros
Great supervisor, Great employee's.
Cons
Low rate of pay.
Fast pace fun enviroment
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2014
Everyday was a very quick easy going day no hard all work was done mostly outside unloading railcars for trains co-workers were fun and very helpful to work with so was management
Horrible Management
Warehouse Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 15, 2014
Although I loved my job, the management and drama that was allowed made a very hostile environment to work in.
Pros
changes daily, fun job, educational
Cons
Horrible environment, all management is related or fratenize with one another
micro management nightmare
I can't divulge - high enough to matter (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 22, 2014
best part, great team worked for me, worst part, i worked under bad boss, too many family members in charge and none of them got a long. CEO is wonderful, his cousins, brothers, etc were immature and treated employees, peers, and each other with little to no respect. Sometimes just down right embarrassing to listen to bickering in meetings and none of them ever really got it right. Concept is beautiful, atmosphere worst I've ever seen aside from fast food job when I was 15. I still wish to see this company succeed in their new ventures.
Pros
creative employees
Cons
salary employees treated like minimum wage workers in entry level positions
Relaxed atmosphere
Inventory Control Specialist/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 4, 2014
Typical day starts at 8 with a start-up meeting. I prioritize what I need to focus on for the day. I learned how to be flexible and help out where ever needed. Management is very laid-back. There are no lockers or places to store your personal belongings. There are no vending machines and no drinks allowed on warehouse floor.
The hardest part of my day is dealing with errors with no accountability. The most enjoyable part of my day are my co-workers.
Pros
Co-workers, small work force
Cons
No place to store things, no vending machines
Not bad but watch your back
Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PaFebruary 18, 2014
This company will eventually implode due to a serious lack of integrity. Nothing better then intentionally over billing customers for services not done.
Pros
pay isn't bad
Cons
dont even think of having a life outside of work, a 10 hour day is considered short and weekends are normal
Room for growth as company is expaning
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 3, 2013
I have only been with the company 1 month and I see the room for growth. If I work hard and am there every day with a positive attitude, I know I will can be promoted. The management gives me positive feedback and I know where I need to make improvements.
Pros
Positive feedback from managment, full time employment
Cons
Not an air conditioned environment, so be prepared
Over worked and unappreciated
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 7, 2012
Everyday was different depending on which account is busy. There are twenty five accounts deal with everyday. would inbound, training, replenish, unload trucks, devise a work plan, transfer product, and do all the outbound orders. I did however learn to work long and hard hours without breaks. I can do anything a warehouse associate requires and I learn new processes quickly. The management is poor. They lacked training and support in all areas. The hardest part of the job was getting the help and quality training I needed from my managers once I was promoted to supervisor. The most enjoy part of my job was being able to do several different tasks a day. Each day was different and it kept me busy on my feet all day long.
Pros
unlimited works tasks
Cons
lack of support, help, and training
Uncomfortable work environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 6, 2012
Over worked employees
Poor compensation
Communication between management and co-workers is poor
Unprofessional work relationships
Cons
short/ no breaks, uncomfortable work atmosphere
Productive and fun workplace with all types of fun.
Lead (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 5, 2012
I have learned how to program a Verifone Terminal. Everything about this company from the people to the company was wonderful. There was never a hard part of the job here at Smart Warehousing.
Pros
bonus, bbq and christmas party.
Cons
there are no cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smart Warehousing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9