SMART WIRELESS Employee Reviews in United States

Loved my job, very fun, great District managers
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORSeptember 16, 2015
A wonderful job for anyone looking to move up quickly. a family oriented company, very flexible. Very good training, fair workplace allowing individuality and person-ability.
Meh.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 26, 2015
Most of the coworkers, managers and upper managers are good people and want/try to help. Some bad apples in the bunch but that is everywhere.

Company is bad at balancing inventory levels in stores which makes selling stuff people actually want and need a bit hard, who wants to wait 4+ days for a phone when they can go to best buy and get it same day?

Company does not want to invest in live demo phones for the store beyond what at&t requires at minimum then Half the time the live phones don't even work. Customers are visual and want to play with the technology not look at a fake phone.

Training is lacking, company does bare minimum before throwing new hires on the sales floor due to lack of staff to cover training. Leads to headaches for everyone, correcting someone in front of a customer about pricing/policy is a crunchy feeling.

Expectation is for employees to work through lunch. Must take nightly drop to the bank after you have clocked off.

Getting ANYTHING fixed in the store maintenance wise takes forever, you either have to try and do it yourself or wait for someone from corporate in Portland to happen to be in the area.

Goals are obtainable for phones, tablets, accs, Insurance etc. But Company pushes what at&t pushes as that what makes them money even if no market exist for it in the area. (Digital Life, Wireless Home Phone + Internet). Low income area = Low income customers.
Pros
Good work environment, Awesome customers
Cons
Changing Commission structure, Changing Goals.
An amazing company!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 10, 2015
Smart Wireless was probably the best job I ever had. If you can get past the high school clique kind of atmosphere, you will find a rather large group of like-minded people that are the easiest to get along with. Upper management has some amazing ideals and can be very encouraging through thick and thin. On top of the amazing coworkers and outstanding management, the company provided tons of ways to put money in your pocket. This is one job I will always regret not having anymore.
Pretty good
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WASeptember 26, 2014
The commission isn't all that great. Basically you have to meet 3 goals to reach a tier in the commission chart and the max percentage that you can make back out of everything you sold is like 10%.
I barely got a break while working there and sometimes you're the only one working and then it's impossible to take a break especially when it's busy. Sometimes you wont be able to go home on time.

The location where i worked was pretty awesome though. Coworkers were awesome, manager was awesome and even the district managers were cool. There's a lot of opportunities to make extra cash but depends how much traffic you got coming in on your location. No traffic = no money so make the most out of every customer. great benefits as well.

Overall in my opinion, it was meh.
Pros
promos, benefits, atmosphere
Cons
minimum wage, little breaks, sale quotas
It was very fast paced and challenging.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 31, 2014
My typical day consisted of me making sure our customers were satisfied. My co workers were a blast to work with. There was not a hard part of the job and the most enjoyable part for me was putting smiles on our customers faces and also my co workers.
Pros
my cell phone was paid for.
Cons
low pay for the amount of responsibilities that i had.
Career and Personal Growth
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateApril 4, 2013
My position started on the ground floor as a wireless sales representative where I gained invaluable experiences. With management focus I was able to accomplish sales numbers and now holding top sales records for the company. Along with my work ethic, integrity and drive to succeed, I was quickly viewed as the go to person but most importantly a high valued asset to this company. The recognition from upper management made me appreciate my career within this company that much more. The overall team environment is like many, some are born to do this and others it may be a challenge for. No one is in control of your drive other than you and you will not achieve success unless you like what you are doing.

Advancement opportunities where given when based on the amount of effort that was proven and not tenure. Management was obtained by being successful daily as if were a habit to succeed.

Employed for over 5 years.
Pros
career knowledge, personal development and growth. advancement opportunites
Terrible company
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 8, 2013
Used often times illegal tactics to encourage selling. When I worked there, compensation was commission vs minimum wage. So for example, I was set to make over $2,000 one month, but had a phone returned the last day of the month, and was dropped down to minimum wage for the entire month. Management is unprofessional. The company is no longer, I think. If they are still around, they will be gone soon.
Pros
none.
Cons
do not work here
Great starter company for sales
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 6, 2012
I remember starting here right when I graduated high school. I only wanted to work part-time initially, but then I started doing really well in sales and wanted to work more. I became one of the top sales reps in history pretty quickly and it felt amazing. The environment, the people around me were absolutely wonderful. My managers would always send me emails or call me to tell me what a great job I was doing. The hardest part of the job was that we sold multiple wireless carriers. Our decision to "sell" to the customers always swayed towards what compensated us more, not what was necessarily best for the customer. Every month it would change. So I found it a little difficult to be honest with my customers without trying to think about the compensation. I loved being around customers and of course my employees. We had such a great time and made work fun but productive.
Pros
many varieties of carriers to sell, great support, wonderful employees, recognition
Cons
phones that were returned could be re-sold to customers, monthly targets changed depending on agreements with different carriers
Great people to work with
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Vancouve WAAugust 27, 2012
Open and close store depending on the shift, draw customers to the store. Upgrade and convert new sales
Pros
meet lots of new people
Cons
mall hours
Competitve work environment
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 10, 2012
Opening/ closing procedures, customer service, sales quotas. management was reliable. compensation was fair. relationships between co-workers was always friendly.
Fun and exciting sales.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJuly 2, 2012
this company was lacking in management structure. Policies ensure managers do not stick around too long. I enjoyed the co-workers everyone was friendly and helpful.Iinventory was not tracked very well so it was easy for underlings to steal. Management payed the price for items that should have been SKU'd properly. For example the same item could have 5 different sku's and inventory reports that showed how much of an item you should have had in stock were only attainable by district managers. It was very confusing and almost no one understood it. A good thing was sales were able to be split between employees so there was no arguing about be-backs.
Pros
flexible schedule.
Cons
inventory was a nightmare. car chargers would show up unsku'd sometimes.
Productive, Fun, 100 Best...
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 17, 2012
Great company. Oregon 100 Best Companies to work for list for 3 years I was there. Learned a lot of about time management, managing a wireless devices store, how to work with people in a small office and resolve problems in the work place with coworkers. I didn't really find any part of this job difficult (regional meetings are a part of almost any job, they always seem to be early, and there's not much you can do about that!).

Most enjoyable part of the job was the training and support I got from management. Middle management as well as upper management were, for the most part, all pleasant (there's always a bad egg). Made a lot of friends working for this company, and still keep in touch with some of my old coworkers.
Pros
ok benefits package, good management, yearly reviews for raises
Cons
benefits were a little expensive