SMART Employee Reviews

Wonderful experience with a sense of growth
Intern/Researcher (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 23, 2016
Amazing experience, amazing collaborators and work partners. Very professional when it came to work, yet very relaxed when it came to interpersonal relationships. All in a beautiful location!
Not my favorite
Co-Teacher in Pre-K Classroom (Former Employee) –  Chester Heights, PAOctober 9, 2016
I really did not enjoy working here. There were a few coworkers that made work bearable but no real perks beyond that. Understaffed, out of ratio, unresponsive management, definitely do not recommend.
Fast paced / heavy workload with limited resources
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 19, 2016
In my time at Smart and Final I learned a lot about managing a retail business. Once I reached the position of Store Manager my career came to a stand still. My District Manager was in role my entire career at Smart and Final, and is currently still in role. This did not allow much opportunity past Store Manager. Many of my peers had been Store Managers for 10+ years and in some cases 20+. Days off were split and in many cases very limited time between shifts.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
limited resources
workful but dangerous place if not careful
Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALApril 4, 2016
good environment everybody comes in and goes straight to work
the break room can be a peaceful place sometimes and the co workers are really nice people to get along with .
great outgoing company
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 18, 2016
great company indeed
government work
lunchs with co workers
cool events
holiday partys
yearly bonus check
oppuritunits to become something wile striving to be your best
Pros
25 days vocation
Maintenance technitian
maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALJanuary 4, 2016
Very High tech and interesting company to work for which offered many advancement opportunities and plenty of overtime. Very diverse work environment offering opportunities for exposure to other cultures. work environment was high paced and sometimes enjoyable. Learned a lot about robotics and industrial maintenance thru participation with my co-workers and maintenance team. the hardest part of the job was teaching the robots and the most enjoyable part was seeing the robots operate successfully after teaching them.
Pros
New company with growth potential
Cons
Limited time off
good place to work for
sales manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 1, 2015
Smartphones tend to feature slim designs and glass materials, so protection accessories have become a virtual necessity to safeguard smartphone owners’ investments,” said Ben Arnold, director of industry analysis at The NPD Group. “Price holds less importance than protection on the list of purchase influencers, and consumer concern over the quality of materials indicates the performance of these accessories is more important than their aesthetics or cost.”
Temp worker
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee,wiApril 20, 2015
Receive, identify, mark and place materials sent to the warehouse according to established procedures.
Process requisitions for supplies; prepare merchandise for delivery prepares packages for shipping according to established procedures.
Perform other duties as assigned.
I enjoy working for SmartSource
Desktop Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin,Tx.March 11, 2015
All the staffing managers are easy to work with, they treat us with respect and ask us to be professional with customers. I have worked as a lead, coworkers are good solid techs who act professionally.
Pros
Fair pay for most jobs
Cons
Not enough work
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Team Associate (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 3, 2015
At this job I, along with 4 other women, worked along side the district manager. We worked in all 16 stores in the district, so we travelled out of town a lot. We helped out stores that were behind in freight, new stores, updates POGS, short staffed stores, but we mainly helped prep and work inventories. I learned how to work on a team and learned how everyone works differently as well as has different strengths. This helped us be more productive. My boss was easy to get along with. He was tough, but fair. He constantly motivated and encouraged us to be our best and always helped us out when we needed it. The hardest part of the job was doing a lot of work and not always getting appreciated for it. Though I loved this job, it wasn't always the easiest thing to go into a store and start cleaning up a mess without people getting their feelings hurt. I learned to let mean and negative comments go and just do what I was told to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working along side my amazing boss and coworkers. They made work enjoyable.
Productive and organized workplace.
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Large PressDecember 10, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of basically hard work, teamwork, and I would have to say it would be very competitive. I learned a lot working in this environment, such things as: safety precautions, being very attentive and focused, and lots of discipline. Discipline not meaning someone being in trouble but as if everything being in compliance and on schedule. Everyone being where they're supposed to be. I can't say there was a hard part of the day for me. I can however say my most enjoyable part of work was knowing I was doing a job that mattered!
Pros
We were given 5 breaks throughout the day.
Cons
The breaks were short.
Top Notch
Graphic Designer Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 22, 2014
Everyone at the office maintained a level of extreme and capable professionalism, and all the while keeping an "easy going" demeanor that only helped to create and productive environment. Working with SMART has been a transformative experience for me, and I strongly suggest anyone to work with SMART.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
Was not allowed to function at my full potential
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bath, NYAugust 27, 2014
Built trucks for municipalities. I was never able to do the job I was hired for.
Pros
Cons
No benefits
Fun expanding company to work with
Media Buyer (Current Employee) –  Greenville NCAugust 18, 2014
Advertising agency to fit all the needs of a small or large company.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
they didn't want me to leave, had to for personal reasons
Aircraft Structures Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDAugust 10, 2014
great place to work for, i wanted to stay
great management
great co-workers
Customer focused
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New YorkJune 17, 2014
SMART Leadership Consulting is a global sourcing and management consulting firm. They are new to the business, however they have high expectations and with superb customer service and client satisfaction, I am sure they will continue to do well.
Pros
You can more or less work at your own pace, great supportive upper-management that delivers on their promises and you can work from home!
Cons
The hours can be long. There are tight deadlines.
boring job
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Nashville,TNMay 9, 2014
Supply Chain Solution for HCA, material handling in warehouse.
Intern
Physical Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  New London, NHApril 8, 2014
I was an intern there, though I did not receive compensation, the benefits of working with the staff and patients was life-changing
Learning Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORFebruary 13, 2014
I have no complaints on this company, volunteering with them was a great experience. I got to teach kids to read to me, that was fun.
Pros
Bonding, Learning, Fun
Cons
Stubborn Kids
its ok
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 25, 2013
great staff and team

coworkers worked together

pay wasn't that great

I love working with my clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SMART. Our community is ready to answer.