SMART Employee Reviews

It was not smart staffing it was job I left
Replenisher (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GANovember 6, 2017
Always telling me how good I was but never hiring me went on to long months.To many people looking on not enough action taken by bosses.Never able to make plans in social life.
Not a good place for me
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 25, 2017
A typical day at work is very slow and I learned how to manage my time and others. Management there is almost nonexistent, they don't come around much. The person I work with is good, she just is not happy with the company and the pay. The hardest thing about the job is sitting there day after day with not a lot of customers and the need. The thing I most enjoy about the job is that it is almost like having my own company and being able to build relationships with my customers.
Pros
Free services for yourself
I loved this job
Matron (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 23, 2017
This was one of my favorite jobs,I love the breaks we had,i feel in love wit the consumers I was working wit,i also was cool wit most of the drivers,only 5hing I did not like was when some of the consumers would try & fight me
Pros
Free transportation
Cons
The breaks was the best
Productive work place and good managment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSOctober 18, 2017
My work environment at Smart Styles was very productive. I learned a lot from my co workers and my boss was very helpful. I continue to learn a lot about the working environment and how to build my retailing service and communication skills.
Nice people to work with
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Worked 8 - 6 5 or 6 days a week.
Learned about annuities.
Management was good.
Culture was professional.
Hardest part of job was travelling from branch to branch.
Most enjoyable was working with my customers.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Traveled to several locations
Helper (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 30, 2017
Everyday was pedal to the metal. Plenty of OT if you want it. Work is all over the upstate and mainly focuses on higher end houses/ buildings. Great place to learn electrical work.
Pros
Overtime
Management was terribke
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 29, 2017
Overall this job was dangerous and a mess I mostly stayed bc it gave me freedom and the money to follow a dream of taking a different route. I had guns pulled on me constant managers pulling any agreement made rarely did they back up employees md then when it was said and done they firdd all employed bc the gm was embezzling two hundred fifty thousand dollars.
ambiente e trabajo agradale
polleria, reponedor (Former Employee) –  Denver ColoradoAugust 24, 2017
Empresa bien organizada con un equipo de personas cualificadas y mucha armonia en el trabajo.
Not much of a work/life balance
Operator (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 8, 2017
They demand all of your time. And the pay is nothing to write home about. The one positive has to be the employees. They are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.
great part time job
Store supervisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 9, 2017
I have nothing to say other than this is a good company to work part-time while putting yourself through college.

Flexible shifts as long as you are willing to adjust your schedule but should be fine if you are in college.
Supportive environment;
Fundraising Database Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 1, 2017
Coworkers are friendly and enthusiastic. High cooperation between all levels of the organization. Most staff also volunteer as readers, which is a great change from the office routine and a good motivator.
Best Company
Sr. Aviation Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, FLNovember 21, 2016
Worked for SMART for almost 6 years, our work days were great. We all got along very well. I learned all about the Aviation industry while working for them. Management was very hands on, part of the team. If they didn't close their doors I would definitely still be working for them.
Pros
Our birthday's were considered paid holidays!
Cons
Wonderful experience with a sense of growth
Intern/Researcher (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 23, 2016
Amazing experience, amazing collaborators and work partners. Very professional when it came to work, yet very relaxed when it came to interpersonal relationships. All in a beautiful location!
Not my favorite
Co-Teacher in Pre-K Classroom (Former Employee) –  Chester Heights, PAOctober 9, 2016
I really did not enjoy working here. There were a few coworkers that made work bearable but no real perks beyond that. Understaffed, out of ratio, unresponsive management, definitely do not recommend.
Fast paced / heavy workload with limited resources
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 19, 2016
In my time at Smart and Final I learned a lot about managing a retail business. Once I reached the position of Store Manager my career came to a stand still. My District Manager was in role my entire career at Smart and Final, and is currently still in role. This did not allow much opportunity past Store Manager. Many of my peers had been Store Managers for 10+ years and in some cases 20+. Days off were split and in many cases very limited time between shifts.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
limited resources
workful but dangerous place if not careful
Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALApril 4, 2016
good environment everybody comes in and goes straight to work
the break room can be a peaceful place sometimes and the co workers are really nice people to get along with .
great outgoing company
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 18, 2016
great company indeed
government work
lunchs with co workers
cool events
holiday partys
yearly bonus check
oppuritunits to become something wile striving to be your best
Pros
25 days vocation
Maintenance technitian
maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALJanuary 4, 2016
Very High tech and interesting company to work for which offered many advancement opportunities and plenty of overtime. Very diverse work environment offering opportunities for exposure to other cultures. work environment was high paced and sometimes enjoyable. Learned a lot about robotics and industrial maintenance thru participation with my co-workers and maintenance team. the hardest part of the job was teaching the robots and the most enjoyable part was seeing the robots operate successfully after teaching them.
Pros
New company with growth potential
Cons
Limited time off
good place to work for
sales manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 1, 2015
Smartphones tend to feature slim designs and glass materials, so protection accessories have become a virtual necessity to safeguard smartphone owners’ investments,” said Ben Arnold, director of industry analysis at The NPD Group. “Price holds less importance than protection on the list of purchase influencers, and consumer concern over the quality of materials indicates the performance of these accessories is more important than their aesthetics or cost.”
Temp worker
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee,wiApril 20, 2015
Receive, identify, mark and place materials sent to the warehouse according to established procedures.
Process requisitions for supplies; prepare merchandise for delivery prepares packages for shipping according to established procedures.
Perform other duties as assigned.