Smartronix Employee Reviews in United States

Good company to work for
Client System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLMarch 10, 2016
Co-workers are friendly
Company is very accommodating
Management levels are well defined
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you get to work with.
Great Company
Computer Network Defense/ (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 9, 2016
This is an excellent company with excellent leadership. I would definitely work for this company again if offered the chance to do so.
Pros
Benefits, Management
Good place to work for.
Systems Watch Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAMay 11, 2016
Enjoyed working for Smartronix and supporting the United States Marine Corps. Great place to work at and learn new tools.
Government contracting without a clearly defined strategy
Strategic Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 22, 2013
Had some very good successes in cloud computing and systems implementation. However, the company has struggled to clearly define and commit to a go-to-market strategy for their cloud services and Federal civilian consulting. Minimal organizational structure in place, performance review process is antiquated and insufficient, and there is no defined career path. Work-life balance is pretty good for most people and compensation is competitive. The business unit I worked in was shockingly devoid of diversity.
Not the right place, unless you are perfect
Admin (Former Employee) –  Poorhouse USAJuly 15, 2015
When you as an employer have the opportunity to be better than just a corporate puppet, you should take it. Lesson Learned.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Poor management
Productive Fun Workplace
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLDecember 3, 2014
Productive Fun Workplace, great company to work for. Great management, good benefits, and opportunity for growth. Never had any issues and always taken care of. Quick response for any questions or concerns.
Great company to work for
Network Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp PendletonNovember 13, 2014
I worked for Smartronix for roughly two years. I can only say good things about the people, the company and how its ran. My compensation was not the best but the responsibility reflected. My contract recently expired with them and due to it being an east coast co. there was really nowhere to place me. I wish the best to the people I had a chance to work with and hope that Smartronix continues to grow in the hopes that we will cross paths again.
Pros
very intelligent group of people, cares for the employees
Smartronix is 5 Star
Information Assurance Analyst/SME (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 14, 2012
Smartronix is a company known for flexibility with employees and fair compensation. The company has great benefits and diversified culture.
Pros
health saving account and hr support
Data Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2012
Started with the company in 2008 it was low stress job it was awesome place to work. The job
of data analyst was to correct every error on a record all fixes were counted as a credit.
There was a change in management everything changed it's all about meeting a daily quota of 300 records there so much detail to fix a record. The analyst is not given credit for all error fixed it is counted as one record.
It is very stressful to meet the quota of 300 records fixed daily. It does not allow time to take a break or lunch everybody works and eats through their lunch at their desk. It is a very stressful work place.
Cons
very unproffessional management (locally)
Very fun and comfortable work environment
Receptionist/Front Management (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, MDJuly 23, 2015
I loved everyone who I had the pleasure to work with, i was a temp at this job but treated as part of the family. I would have loved to keep working there.
Great Company
Full-Time-Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, MDJune 27, 2014
Great benefits, great place to learn and grow. Always for progression.
Pros
career growth, interacting with new people, learning new technologies
Cons
nothing
Great people, great company
Clearwell Systems Engineer / eDiscovery Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2015
I have had an excellent experience with this company as an employee. If there was a way I could have remained I would have. I was a budget shortfall sadly and had to leave.
Pros
Great pay, Great co-workers, great managment
Cons
Not enough work
Great Benefits
Sr. Security Consultant RATB (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 26, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive, easy going, fun place to work that placed emphasis on employee training
Network Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 26, 2012
I worked for Smartronix, Inc. for 4 1/2 months. The contract was cut short due to another company on the project not holding up their end of the contract. I enjoyed working with the people in my group, and the company gave all of us on Juniper firewalls, VPN concentrators, and IDS devices prior to starting work on the project. We built, configured, tested, and implemented NetScreen firewalls, VPN concentrators, and IDS devices for US Navy and Marine installations in the western half of the US. The hardest part of the job was the contract was an umbrella contract and the telco/wiring contractor normally did not have everything correct. This meant that I/my team had to fix that before implementing our devices.
Pros
good people, training
Cons
other contract company
Interesting place to work at!
Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 25, 2014
This organization has the potential to further your career.
Contract Administrative Specialist
Contract Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  HollywoodJune 10, 2014
I assisted in preparing and negotiating Teaming Agreements and Non Discloser Agreements while maintaining and tracking the agreements that supported the mission of information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in NetOps, Cyber Security, Cloud Computing, Enterprise Software, Health IT, and Mission-Focused Engineering. I was required to have a basic knowledge of the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) to review contracts modifications and tracked Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) while preparing Contract Action Notices (CAN).
A typical day at work at Smartronix at the New Orleans Location
Security Vulnerability Assessment Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 1, 2012
A typical day involved reviewing network scans and creating reports for the Information Assurance Manager. Then train the USMC Network security team. Review and write network security policies for a world wide network.

I learned how to work with agencies that had direct conflicts of interest with Network Security.

The hardest part of the job was the location. New Orleans is not a safe place for a family.

The most enjoyable part of the job was training the USMC members in network security.
Pros
travel, ability to expand my knowledge, teaching
Cons
new orleans is not a safe place to live
A great place to work
Service Desk Lead (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 4, 2013
They have offices in different states so I can only speak for the Kansas City Area. I work in the IT department and am really happy to be working for Smartronix!
Pros
great working environment, friendly people, excellent benefits
Productive Working Enviornment
Clerk Typist/Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  MDFebruary 8, 2014
Learned a lot from this company. Provided me with the knowledge I needed to become more successful in my career.
Productive and fun workplace with breakroom, coffee shop, grocery store, and cafeteria
Programmer/ Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wright-Patterson, OHJanuary 19, 2015
Worked on C# . Net web applications. Also programmed Oracle 10g databases. Built small windows forms applications.

4.2