SmartSource Employee Reviews

National Recruiting Technical Company
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMay 1, 2017
SmartSource Inc is a national organization staffed with technical talent recruiters that are assigned by client focus projects. This means that their employees are mostly telecommuters and the communication is not working most of the time.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Project/Jobs are not consistent
Great company to work with
IT Field Engineer as a contractor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Work with amazing people(other techs-engineers on the field) and with a nice recruiting staff who provide me with a variety of projects to work on for many companies.
temporary contract job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAFebruary 7, 2017
This was a temporary contract job. I installed computer software updates. A typical software install took two or three hours. The remote contacts A Smart Source were helpful.
awsome work envirnoment
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILDecember 19, 2016
preparing tech and audio video visual equipment for daily orders.
I learned about different pc and apple software and applications in production environment.
my supervisors and managers was really friendly
fun
Dispatcher & computer technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 25, 2016
i love to work with smartsource I like to play with computers all the time and they are helping the employees I wish I can work again with them . it was only contract so it done already and now im looking job like this
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 16, 2016
This job is a company that's sends its people to different locations, now the jobs are a day or two and soon as the job is complete we clock our hours and pay comes the following week.
Pros
n/a
Cons
sweaty and hot
Great resource for consulting jobs
PROJECT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 13, 2016
Smart Source provides staffing all over the country and for anyone looking to do consultant work or perhaps between jobs, there is a strong possibility Smart Source can keep you busy.
Pros
Long/Short term assignments available
Nice emplyment
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 22, 2016
Flexible scheduling
hands on learning
good way to network and meet new people
helpful management

hardest part of the job:
typical day at work:
management:
most enjoyable part of the job:
Versatile
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILNovember 1, 2015
Many different job types requiring many disciplines in the IT field.
The locations are all over the place, so if you are willing to travel, you will enjoy this company.
Great project coordinator's. You know what to expect before you get to the job site so that your prepared
IT/TELECOMMUNICATIONS FREELANCE SERVICE PROVIDER (Current Employee) –  monroe, laSeptember 24, 2015
The job coordinator contacts me via email with the job posting, once I accept it she emails me the job site and the request for serivice. On the day of the job I take my paperwork, my tools and head to the job site.
Pros
My own boss, No one micro manages, Flexible hours, Great hourly pay
Cons
Its not consistant
It's a great addon job that you will need a car for
Consultant/Hardware Integration Project Lead (Current Employee) –  MIAMI FLORIDAJuly 26, 2015
You'll also need an up to date resume', access to a fedex office or if you do work from home a printer, and your phone should have unlimited minutes[tracfone and metropcs are the best out there]
The work is really quite easy to, and sometimes you will have onsite assistants to work with.
The hardest part of the job though is the paperwork, because if you cannot submit the paperwork you get no pay for your work. Sadly there is no online tool for data input but hopefully soon they'll have that happen.
Pros
Learn to build to suit, Make great friends
Cons
Sometimes there's wayyyyyy too much paperwork.
Side work
IT Technician contracting (Current Employee) –  MilwaukeeJune 28, 2015
Great place for IT Technicians to gain some experience and extra pay new environment every time always positive. great learning experience for starting in the field
An excellent Temp-Tech company
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  MaineJune 25, 2015
A variety of contract work with excellent communication, assistance on the job. Management treats professionals as professionals, and maintains a good database.
Contract based assignments
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Uhrichsville, OHJune 7, 2015
Referred to local company for a computer upgrade / refresh project consisting of upgrading Windows XP client operating systems to Windows 7. Project included migration of user files and setting as well as printer installation.
Pros
Paid overtime, little supervision
Good experience
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMay 3, 2015
Inconsistent work. Not enough travel time. Too much time between assignments. Good work when you can get it. Interesting job assignments.
Pros
Good experience, interesting places
Cons
Inconsistent work.
Great Client Opportunities
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento Area, CAApril 30, 2015
I enjoy working with SmartSource clients. The customer care skills I have honed over the years come in handy when dealing with the various computer issues and clients. A typical job might be exchanging a hard drive in a bank computer. I also have to wipe the old hard drive before I ship it to the client. I have learned about servers, and bank protocols as well as the terminology for various jobs I have known how to do for years. The hardest part of the job is probably when there is not enough work to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is when my client is smiling with satisfaction when I leave the premises.
Pros
Pay, Experience, High profile client access
Cons
On-call, scheduling mix-ups
Insecure and unfulfilling
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 21, 2015
I have been called by smartsource a few times where I was told that I needed certain supplies to do job. I spent >$1000 buying tools I need to complete jobs that I may be called to do. I usually come to work with great expectations to do the best job possible. Yet I have not been paid enough to compensate me for supplies. I have seen people come in several hours late and given more respect than me. I have always come to work on time and worked vigorously to do the job in as productive a manner as possible. Some of the people I have worked with are not prepared nor do they want to be helpful with doing the job including the lead tech. I have asked questions but gotten virtually no help from lead tech. I would be a better lead tech because I am more communicative and try harder. Most workers are only out for themselves and do not work together as a team. You cannot expect adequate compensation nor help from anyone when you work. You are on your own with little support or teamwork.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Poor teamwork and little appreciation from recruiters from Smartsource
Great Learning Enviroment
Windows 7 Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2015
SmartSource Inc allowed me to utilize my skill set as a desktop support specialist. The level of integrity I have kept my users attached to me. I have a great amount of customer service skills which leaves positive thoughts after interacting with any user about CPU errors. A typical day at CNA insurance is opening and closing tickets in a timely manner. A typical night at CNA insurance is migrating users from Win Xp onto Win7, While also restoring applications and user data.
Worked as a Consultant
I.T. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 3, 2015
They are very helpful and kind. They are quick to respond to phone calls and emails if there are any issues and they are quick to resolve them. Very professional.
Pros
Great communication
Cons
not always jobs
Not a bad company so far
IT Specialist / Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2014
Allow you to be independent while still reliably employed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SmartSource. Our community is ready to answer.