SmartSource Employee Reviews in United States

Insecure and unfulfilling
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 21, 2015
I have been called by smartsource a few times where I was told that I needed certain supplies to do job. I spent >$1000 buying tools I need to complete jobs that I may be called to do. I usually come to work with great expectations to do the best job possible. Yet I have not been paid enough to compensate me for supplies. I have seen people come in several hours late and given more respect than me. I have always come to work on time and worked vigorously to do the job in as productive a manner as possible. Some of the people I have worked with are not prepared nor do they want to be helpful with doing the job including the lead tech. I have asked questions but gotten virtually no help from lead tech. I would be a better lead tech because I am more communicative and try harder. Most workers are only out for themselves and do not work together as a team. You cannot expect adequate compensation nor help from anyone when you work. You are on your own with little support or teamwork.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Poor teamwork and little appreciation from recruiters from Smartsource
Nice emplyment
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 22, 2016
Flexible scheduling
hands on learning
good way to network and meet new people
helpful management

hardest part of the job:
typical day at work:
management:
most enjoyable part of the job:
Great resource for consulting jobs
PROJECT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 13, 2016
Smart Source provides staffing all over the country and for anyone looking to do consultant work or perhaps between jobs, there is a strong possibility Smart Source can keep you busy.
Pros
Long/Short term assignments available
Great project coordinator's. You know what to expect before you get to the job site so that your prepared
IT/TELECOMMUNICATIONS FREELANCE SERVICE PROVIDER (Current Employee) –  monroe, laSeptember 24, 2015
The job coordinator contacts me via email with the job posting, once I accept it she emails me the job site and the request for serivice. On the day of the job I take my paperwork, my tools and head to the job site.
Pros
MY OWN BOSS, NO ONE MICRO MANAGES, FLEXIBLE HOURS, GREAT HOURLY PAY
Cons
ITS NOT CONSISTANT
It's a great addon job that you will need a car for
Consultant/Hardware Integration Project Lead (Current Employee) –  MIAMI FLORIDAJuly 26, 2015
You'll also need an up to date resume', access to a fedex office or if you do work from home a printer, and your phone should have unlimited minutes[tracfone and metropcs are the best out there]
The work is really quite easy to, and sometimes you will have onsite assistants to work with.
The hardest part of the job though is the paperwork, because if you cannot submit the paperwork you get no pay for your work. Sadly there is no online tool for data input but hopefully soon they'll have that happen.
Pros
LEARN TO BUILD TO SUIT, MAKE GREAT FRIENDS
Cons
SOMETIMES THERE'S WAYYYYYY TOO MUCH PAPERWORK.
Versatile
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILNovember 1, 2015
Many different job types requiring many disciplines in the IT field.
The locations are all over the place, so if you are willing to travel, you will enjoy this company.
SmartSource
Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MaOctober 13, 2014
Very low salary... Did not like my time there. The office was very clichish. Everyone seemed to be agaisnt one another there, one group against the other.
Temp agency.
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ilJune 29, 2013
Pretty good assignments even though price/value of contracts have decreased due to economy. They will work with you on hours you work plus types of work you do.
Pros
you decide your hours
Cons
salary is a bit low
Great Client Opportunities
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento Area, CAApril 30, 2015
I enjoy working with SmartSource clients. The customer care skills I have honed over the years come in handy when dealing with the various computer issues and clients. A typical job might be exchanging a hard drive in a bank computer. I also have to wipe the old hard drive before I ship it to the client. I have learned about servers, and bank protocols as well as the terminology for various jobs I have known how to do for years. The hardest part of the job is probably when there is not enough work to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is when my client is smiling with satisfaction when I leave the premises.
Pros
Pay, Experience, High profile client access
Cons
On-call, scheduling mix-ups
An excellent Temp-Tech company
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  MaineJune 25, 2015
A variety of contract work with excellent communication, assistance on the job. Management treats professionals as professionals, and maintains a good database.
Great Learning Enviroment
Windows 7 Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2015
SmartSource Inc allowed me to utilize my skill set as a desktop support specialist. The level of integrity I have kept my users attached to me. I have a great amount of customer service skills which leaves positive thoughts after interacting with any user about CPU errors. A typical day at CNA insurance is opening and closing tickets in a timely manner. A typical night at CNA insurance is migrating users from Win Xp onto Win7, While also restoring applications and user data.
Contract based assignments
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Uhrichsville, OHJune 7, 2015
Referred to local company for a computer upgrade / refresh project consisting of upgrading Windows XP client operating systems to Windows 7. Project included migration of user files and setting as well as printer installation.
Pros
Paid overtime, little supervision
Side work
IT Technician contracting (Current Employee) –  MilwaukeeJune 28, 2015
Great place for IT Technicians to gain some experience and extra pay new environment every time always positive. great learning experience for starting in the field
Your team leader can write your obit.
Contractor - Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 15, 2012
A typical day is unproductive and the job completion target is seldom met. I learned that you are never more than one personality conflict away from being put on the D-list. Management will never even consider that you are in the right when it's your word against your team leader's word. I worked on numerous projects without any problems. Just one job had issues with physical strength (lifting heavy 40 inch flat panel TV's over my head). No lifting belts/supports or OSHA safety equipment is ever provided. All tools must be your own tools and none are ever provided. You must be very careful which jobs you sign up to do. I could have said no to this job, but I needed the money. I was never called back to do another job, but I was never told that I was terminated either.
Pros
meeting people, team comraderie, generally good workers.
Cons
no support for issues on the job. you are on your own. one negative report and you are toast.
Good experience
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMay 3, 2015
Inconsistent work. Not enough travel time. Too much time between assignments. Good work when you can get it. Interesting job assignments.
Pros
Good experience, interesting places
Cons
Inconsistent work.
Great start for a technician
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 20, 2014
SmartSource is a great company to work for. The only problem I have is that it's contract work, so there is no stability with this company. It has been a great learning tool that has given me hands on experience that I wouldn't have otherwise had.I got to lead several projects, which also helped me relate my education to the professional world.
Pros
decent pay, great management
Cons
instability
They allow for independent work
Field Service & Support Technician (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2014
A typical day follows as such: first, I receive new make and model Laptops, read all there is to know about the new PC, break it apart and reassemble it, and research documents for latest issues, updates, work around, etc.

Once I am familiar with the new model, I train, answer any questions, demonstrate the pros and cons, and the break/fix procedures to the IT dept in charge of service calls.

If any of the IT service techs get stuck in any of the procedures while preforming and service call, they call me to assist or clarify any challenges they may encounter.

The HR 'looks out after you' to make sure everything is going well and you get paid in time for the hours worked.
Pros
ok pay and mon - fri work days
Cons
long distant contacts or communications, but i don't mind
Good short-term, Slow to pay
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 31, 2013
Not reccomended for someone looking for stability or a quick check.They are slow to process your W-2 forms and paychecks. it took them almost a month to pay me the first time and 3 weeks the second time I did work for them. Plus I had to do a lot of traveling, which they said they would pay for the milage and then didn't.
Operating Systems Installer
computer installer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 2, 2014
Job was a temp position to swap out computers with Windows XP to New Computers with Windows 7. We were Require to transfer any important data from the Windows XP computers to the Replacement Windows 7 computers and install the new computers in the require locations. Each replacement computer had to be connected to an Active directory network. Once we installed all Windows 7 computers we had to delete the old windows XP computers. It was a good learning experience.
Pros
controlled my own hours
Cons
temp position
Interested in productive work environment with room for growth in the company.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of me along with a team supplying customer service to a selected group of individuals. I learned a lot about how to work along with a team and have good communication and people skills. I loved my team and appreciate what I learned working with them. I don't have any regrets about my previous work experience everything that happened weather good or bad was something to learn from and grow as I continue to gain experience.

2.9