SMARTSTYLE Employee Reviews

Good place to work right after you graduated from the beauty school.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 25, 2015
Pros: freedom working
Cons: no enough money
It's a very place to work after you graduated, I learned how to work on a pretty good team, They give yuo the freedom of working in a very versatile company. What else I could say, The company give you all the tools you need to work, it's a corporation company that gave me a continue education program. I'm so thankful with it.
A good company to work for.
Stylist (Former Employee), Washington, NCJuly 17, 2015
Pros: You get your hair done for free!
Cons: Compensation could be better.
You get to meet so many people in one day! You get to grow your base as well as grow your connections and practice what you love!
Productive and fun workplace with friendly people
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILJuly 13, 2015
I like working in the salon, The staff there was nice and helpful and friendly. The clients on other hand were polite at times and they really were outgoing, they always were so nice and they cared about you as much as we cared for them. Working in the salon I learned so much from the staff there that I can bring with me on the road to adventure. I enjoyed it but need something different.
nice business, lots of clientele
Head Stylist (Former Employee), Sioux Center, IAJuly 11, 2015
the job itself was great, got to meet many different people on a daily basis. The pay wasnt bad, just wish I had another person working with me.
A great experience
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Requires you to stand and work with hands for 8 min hours
I developed my skill set here, by being able to do any hair color whether to lighten up or darken up, I built my clientele and improved my customer service skills.
Nice area to work and we work as a team.
Hairsalon (Current Employee), Boynton Beach, FlJune 17, 2015
My typical day is awesome, I have great coworkers whom I get along with pretty well, in which I can say that I enjoy a lot because it is always great to feel welcoming at your job or any place you spend most of you time in. The hardest part of my job is to please every single client that comes to my door.
Worst
Manager (Former Employee), Port Orange, FLJune 15, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
I have so many complaints about this company this it not worth telling. They do not care about their employees and they do not pay well. they hire people with no people skills or technical skills.
Loved it here and didnt want to leave
Stylist (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NHApril 14, 2015
Pros: Clientel
Cons: Was a walkin basis deal.
Overall I was very happy with the company. Only thing was it was hard to transfer between stores. Didn't get much help in that arena. District manager was also not as approachable as I would have liked. They did always make me feel welcomed and appreciated though
I would most definitely work for the company again.
Not worth the drive
HAIRSTYLIST (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 17, 2015
The salon offers great classes and training, but the workplace is terrible. They don't offer benefits or set schedules. The turnover rate is high, they also only pay commission, or minimum wage, and the salon isn't busy enough to get commission.
Nice place to work
Customer Service/Regis (Former Employee), Dacula, Ga.March 10, 2015
Nice place to work, not very good for advancement and the pay is not good to support yourself. the Management was good and some co-workers are nice. The hardest part of working there was opening and closing and doing the managers job for her. Most enjoyable part was working with people.
great team
Stylist/Colorist (Former Employee), Clearfield, PAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: happy clients
Cons: sometimes understaffed because it got so busy
Loved my manager and co-workers they were like my family and we worked fantastic together. No tension and if there was a disagreement you took care of it and it was over. It didnt happen very often. When clients can in they felt comfortable and welcome.
i enjoyed this company
Manager/Stylist (Former Employee), Altus, OKMarch 1, 2015
A typical day at work was fun and creative. Dealing with the public that there is a solution. being a leader you have to lead by example. I enjoyed the creative part and just making my customer happy
productive fun place to work cutting hair
Manager / Hairstylist (Former Employee), Ennis, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: enjoyed working with the public
Cons: no health insurance
attended to clients, managed 6 employees, some days work on weekly schedule, and ordered and received invetory. made sure shop ran smoothly
Great place to go straigh out of beauty school
Hairstylist (Current Employee), casper wyFebruary 17, 2015
Going to a salon that had stylists with years of experience was the best thing I could have done after beauty school. The women in there taught me how to do things that I didn't know. They also taught me how to do the things I knew in new and more effective ways. They helped me during haircuts if I needed help on how to get it to blend. being around them made me into a better hairstylist.
Great starter
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 1, 2015
Great starter location and the hours were very nice the atmosphere is inside walmart so it was safe and secure. Walmart had traffic so it had a lot of potential to make money and that was great.
Just not for me
Hairdresser (Former Employee), South Lyon, MIJanuary 27, 2015
This was my first job out of beauty school. I was often left alone in the store which was hard for me. The wasn't really much management. It was very hard to work here because I was by myself with not much guidance
Good First time job
Salon Manager (Former Employee), Vineland, NJJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: easy, gain experience
Cons: compensation, location, upper management, schedule, benefits
Smartstyle is inside walmarts. its ok. it was busy at first but then it slowed down to a hault. I was made to work long 8 hour shifts by myself because they didnt want to hire anymore people. I worked a lot of overtime and became exhausted. the benefits arent that good and the compensation sucks. only 38% commission to start. considering how slow it is, you wont make much. i didnt like how it was in walmart either. i love walmart but customers and most people dont believe a stylist working in a hair salon in walmart can do a good job. i felt i always had to prove myself. I didnt like being judged. i also didnt like the shopping carts being brought in constantly. it was a very stressful time for me at this job but i was a manager. as a stylist it wasnt too bad.

it is a good job to have right after school to gain experience.
Fun place to work, heavy traffic flow. Loved all my clients.
Stylist (Former Employee), Roanoke, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Stylist - offering cosmetology services as outlined by TDLR.
Very fun to work
Stylist (Former Employee), Beaver Falls, PANovember 29, 2014
Pros: training, enviroment
Cons: hard to build up clientelle
Great place, offers a lot of furthering education and training. Great people, you will learn a lot.
not a good place to work
Stylist (Former Employee), Searcy, ARNovember 23, 2014
Pros: discount on products
Cons: pay! no advancement, hours
Worked at smartstyle a couple years. Not much opportunity to advance. The company is all about money. And all you are to them is a number. All they care about is you make money for them. They make commission sound like a great thing but when it comes down to it your not making very much. And you have to work your hind end off to even get to 50 percent commission!! The hours are ridiculous and its hard to have a social life outside of work!!!
I'd make this a last resort in desperation for a job! Just saying! I hated going to work everyday because I knew I'd work my butt off for very little!